What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aging Studs: Travis Kelce and Derrick Henry. How are you handling them this year? (1 Viewer)

Unless you have a legit chance to win this year then I'd trade Henry faster than you can think it. As far as Kelce goes, I'd take a 1st and 3rd round right now in Dynasty. Kelce is a stud but I'm an ageist, that wall is coming.
I don't see anybody offering up a 1st and 3rd for Kelce at this point. I would be surprised you could get a 1st. Now in season when someone is making a run and needs a TE that is a different story. Right now I just don't see that happening.
I disagree. I think Kelce still brings a 1st from contending teams.
Uhh, yeah, of course Kelce is worth a 1st and more.
Hell, his startup ADP is putting him around rookie pick 3 this year.
Is he worth it, yes. Are you giving up a 1st and 3rd? I'm not

I'd bet basically anything you are wrong about most teams not paying a 1st for Kelce
At this stage in the off season people have rookie fever. I don't think many teams today would part with a first even though most would think on the surface it's worth it.

I'd bet basically anything you are wrong about most teams not paying a 1st for Kelce
At this stage in the off season people have rookie fever. I don't think many teams today would part with a first even though most would think on the surface it's worth it.
If you're a TE away then it's worth it. If not you can grab LaPorta or Mayer in the second round of a Dynasty Rookie Draft. I'd rather take my chances on either one of those two over an aging Kelce.

If you're a TE away then it's worth it. If not you can grab LaPorta or Mayer in the second round of a Dynasty Rookie Draft. I'd rather take my chances on either one of those two over an aging Kelce.
Hence my comment about rookie fever

Yes and no. It really depends on ones situation. Win now I'll take Kelce

Well, arent the vast majority of teams "win now" at the moment?

In Dynasty?? No

I have 2 Dynasty Teams that are nowhere ready to compete

In Dynasty?? No

You do not represent the majority
Most teams right now are planning to win

In Dynasty?? No

I’m a hybrid owner. I prefer to rebuild and win at the same time. Constantly trying to get younger, but at the same time win. I prefer trading for other team’s picks. What I don’t want to do is be the 7th best team.

A contending team with a hole at TE sure. The majority of teams today I would say probably not. In season for sure and likely be a 1st plus if it is a player to put you over the top.
I traded the 1.3 for Kelce in a 1qb. He just makes a huge difference at the position. Start 8.

I've already resigned myself a long time ago to the likelihood that I'll never get the return I want in a trade and so how will I be handling them this year?

I will be starting them outside of injury and bye weeks. When they eventually fall off a cliff I will pour one out, tip my cap and say adieu. The inflection point of being able to get a solid return in trade has come and gone. Been true for a while.

So now the real question is for those of us holding, whether through choice or circumstance, how will we recognize the drop off and when do they become unstartable/cuttable? Well, we're a long ways from that (today). We all know it comes quick but I think Kelce wants to rewrite the TE record books with a young Mahomes and I think Derrick Henry can still be unstoppable for another couple years. That production is worth enough to me that I don't care if I miss the cliff a little bit.

I've already resigned myself a long time ago to the likelihood that I'll never get the return I want in a trade and so how will I be handling them this year?

I will be starting them outside of injury and bye weeks. When they eventually fall off a cliff I will pour one out, tip my cap and say adieu. The inflection point of being able to get a solid return in trade has come and gone. Been true for a while.

So now the real question is for those of us holding, whether through choice or circumstance, how will we recognize the drop off and when do they become unstartable/cuttable? Well, we're a long ways from that (today). We all know it comes quick but I think Kelce wants to rewrite the TE record books with a young Mahomes and I think Derrick Henry can still be unstoppable for another couple years. That production is worth enough to me that I don't care if I miss the cliff a little bit.
Packaging older studs can work.
I dealt Kelce and Adams for Garrett Wilson.

Packaging older studs can work.
I dealt Kelce and Adams for Garrett Wilson.
Yeah it isn't impossible. I probably wouldn't do this deal myself but I certainly get it. I was just speaking generally. There's always exceptions. I still consider Kelce to be the single biggest advantage in FF. The only nibbles I've ever gotten were pretty low.

A contending team with a hole at TE sure. The majority of teams today I would say probably not. In season for sure and likely be a 1st plus if it is a player to put you over the top.
I traded the 1.3 for Kelce in a 1qb. He just makes a huge difference at the position. Start 8.
That would be very hard for me to do, but I get it.

Kelce will be 34 this year. Yeah he probably has a great season.......that isn't worth pick 3.
If I knew for a FACT Kelce would have two more great seasons then fall off, I'd maybe consider it.
We obviously don't know anything as fact. He might fall off the cliff this september

Users who are viewing this thread