What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Travis Kelce, KC (1 Viewer)

Sorry guys....it's my fault. Finally threw tradition out the window this season and grabbed him in the 1st round in two different leagues.

After all, what could possibly go wrong drafting a stud 34 year old TE in the first?
You should drink after the draft, not before.
Didn't drink before or after....except the koolaid, I suppose.

After what he accomplished last season, combined with the lack of "alpha" receivers for Mahomes, he honestly felt like a great deal in the mid-late first this year. With a little luck, maybe he still will be.

Btw, paired him with Kupp in one of those leagues. Might be a long year.....

At least you (might) be able to put them on IR and fill the roster spots with up-and-coming waiver wire players. Some uncut gem like Trey McBride might be just what the doctor ordered to fill that Kelce sized hole in your roster.
Thanks.....Been at this long enough (24 years) to know that I'm a long way from beaten.

Both leagues have long benches, and I drafted LaPorta late on both squads as "first round insurance". Hopefully, he can show me something Thursday night, but you know how it usually plays out with rookie TE's.

Kupp's a different story. DHop or Zay Flowers is his replacement until/if he returns.

Went 2.04 in TE premium tonight, was usually going 1.04 before todays news. Huge drop if he only misses a game or two.

Went 2.04 in TE premium tonight, was usually going 1.04 before todays news. Huge drop if he only misses a game or two.

Or a terrible pick if he misses a lot more. Seems reasonable, given the probablistic uncertainty.

Actually, I take that back. Until I get way more info than we have, he's DND for me.

It’s Kelce. Unless he’s having his leg amputated, he’s gonna be out there on TNF.
Hope you're right. Grabbed N. Gray in the first run of waivers earlier this morning.

Just finished watching the Quarterback show with Mahommes/Cousins/Mariotta. All those scenes of Mahommes gutting it out...Kelce calling Mahommes a "warrior"...I have to think he's going to want to be out there .

So is a bone bruise the kind of thing that will linger all season, even if he takes time to let it heal? What does the longer term look like? Knees are often scary things to injure.

how does one bruise one's bone in a non-contact injury? did he bruise it on the ground?
When a knee is hyperextended it bends back unnaturally, and your tibia can smack into your femur at the knee joint causing a bone bruise. It could have been much worse.
This can also lead to future microfracture surgery if the bone won’t heal.

But even in that case it likely wouldn’t prevent him from playing unless the bone bruise is that painful / swelling doesn’t go down.

That it’s a TNF game makes it a super dicey situation.

how does one bruise one's bone in a non-contact injury? did he bruise it on the ground?
When a knee is hyperextended it bends back unnaturally, and your tibia can smack into your femur at the knee joint causing a bone bruise. It could have been much worse.

But even in that case it likely wouldn’t prevent him from playing unless the bone bruise is that painful / swelling doesn’t go down.

It shouldn't be dicey at all. They should just sit him and feel good knowing it's the right decision.

It shouldn't be dicey at all. They should just sit him and feel good knowing it's the right decision.
At best I could see them using him exclusively in GL packages this week - hoping the 10 days of rest after are enough - but I agree that sitting him one week in the home opener where they are fairly big favorites, makes a lot of sense.

Drafting tonight. Eyeing him with pick 19. I doubt he will be there, based on past drafts in the league. Big names always go high.

He had microfracture surgery on that same knee in 2013.

I just had it in April. It's fascinating, but a very quick recovery - they actually aren't fixing a microfracture, they're causing one in order to help the knee to heal itself.

But since football is played on a flat surface (no hills or stairs) that sort of injury probably wouldn't effect him unless it's in a really touchy place.

I just had it in April. It's fascinating, but a very quick recovery - they actually aren't fixing a microfracture, they're causing one in order to help the knee to heal itself.

But since football is played on a flat surface (no hills or stairs) that sort of injury probably wouldn't effect him unless it's in a really touchy place.
I know one things for sure.

I don’t want to have microsurgery on my touchy place.

continued, in comments from above tweet:

Mike Evans hyperextension, 6 days later played in playoff game

Darren Waller hyperextension, 4missed remaining 6 games of season

Giannis hyperextension, never played in the NFL

Users who are viewing this thread