What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Travis Kelce, KC (1 Viewer)

35 next season. Buyer beware.
I’m thinking Mark Andrews injury discount will be the better value.

Kelce regressing.
Hockenson - torn acl
Mark Andrews - injured

Trey McBride might be #1 TE in 2024!
Him or LaPorta. Also love the talent of Kincaid but if Knox is still there, that limits his ceiling.
Agree on Kincaid although with Diggs possibly having peaked (not unlike Kelce), I think Kincaid’s role will expand considerably irrespective of Knox.
Disagree on Diggs “peaking”. Watching the Bills, Allen played like crap the 2nd half of the season. Again. Don’t think it’s Diggs losing a step.

As we all say, Father Time is undefeated. Kelce is looking like it's the end of the road. Even if he plays one more year, he isn't the same player. Will still probably go by round 3 and I won't touch him at that price.

That said, if he does hang them up after this season, Kelce is one of the best TEs ever and a first ballot HOFer.

I tend to think he’s more not healthy than washed and if he doesn’t retire I’d expect him to be an above average te1 next year. But the changes in the landscape combined with likely some degree of decline devalues him significantly even assuming that’s true. He was worth the 1st because he was head and shoulders above everyone else—you were paying for a huge positional advantage. If he’s generically ‘probably somewhere in the top 5’ and also the back end of the te1 ranks have shored up enough that there’s not a huge gap between te5 and te12, it devalues him (and honestly probably the whole high end of the position) significantly

Kelce should still have a an above average floor, he’s just going to be more TD dependent. Unfortunately that moves him back to the TE pack. I can see 80/800/6 next season, I’m just not picking him in the first 4 rounds.

What's wild is that despite this disappointing season we are all talking about, he still finished as a top 3 TE (depending on your scoring system). I just looked at several of mine and he finished 2nd in both.

Kelce should still have a an above average floor, he’s just going to be more TD dependent. Unfortunately that moves him back to the TE pack. I can see 80/800/6 next season, I’m just not picking him in the first 4 rounds.
That sounds reasonable - I can also see him being more TD dependent as the YAC will probably drop off and we won't see those 1200 yard seasons again. Not unlike what we saw with Tony Gonzalez towards the end of this great career.
What's wild is that despite this disappointing season we are all talking about, he still finished as a top 3 TE (depending on your scoring system). I just looked at several of mine and he finished 2nd in both.
Agreed - he was still a very useful asset prior to December. It's just that he didn't provide the considerable edge at a barren position that is no longer barren and others have emerged/caught up.

That sounds reasonable - I can also see him being more TD dependent as the YAC will probably drop off and we won't see those 1200 yard seasons again. Not unlike what we saw with Tony Gonzalez towards the end of this great career.
Agreed - he was still a very useful asset prior to December. It's just that he didn't provide the considerable edge at a barren position that is no longer barren and others have emerged/caught up.
Yep. At his draft/auction cost, he needed to provide an overwhelming advantage at the position, and he didn’t.

Needless to say, the team in my main redraft that started Kelce/Mahomes didn’t make the playoffs.

Yeah, his overall numbers are still really good. A lot of guys fantasy value dies hard and fast and we get burnt way worse.

Dynasty .. I have had Kelce since 2014. I just traded him to the team in the Championship last week (who won it with no help from Kelce) for Mark Andrews and a mid 2025 2nd Round Pick. I just felt it was time to trade him while I could still get something out of him. I don't see him playing for more than 1 more year.

The issue is his recent play has really hurt you when you needed him. This year he has talked about all his injuries and being banged up. Him and his brother have been talking about retiring and they could go out together and keep going on their podcast and other business ventures. Curious to see what he decides after this year.

Dynasty .. I have had Kelce since 2014. I just traded him to the team in the Championship last week (who won it with no help from Kelce) for Mark Andrews and a mid 2025 2nd Round Pick. I just felt it was time to trade him while I could still get something out of him. I don't see him playing for more than 1 more year.
Wow, good trade - you managed to get Andrews and a 2nd rounder?

Wow, good trade - you managed to get Andrews and a 2nd rounder?
Heck, I would have made it for one or the other.

The 2 is on the wrong side.

My issue is with how bad their WR are, Kelce has been getting almost 0 red zone targets. Noah Gray seems to be the man down there.

Yep. At his draft/auction cost, he needed to provide an overwhelming advantage at the position, and he didn’t.

Needless to say, the team in my main redraft that started Kelce/Mahomes didn’t make the playoffs.
Same. Got pick 7 and took Mr. Swift-Pfizer and got Mahomes round 4 which i thought absurd for an all 6 point TD league. They killed me even though shockingly I was alive until final week of regular season thanks to Nakua and Dell pickups and drafting Pitman and Deebo.
But ul it was the worst draft I’ve had in a long time l

Man his value in startup dynasty leagues has fallen off a cliff, he went in the 11th round of a startup I'm in right now, 15 other TEs went before him. i wonder if he is going to step away sooner than we realize...

Man his value in startup dynasty leagues has fallen off a cliff, he went in the 11th round of a startup I'm in right now, 15 other TEs went before him. i wonder if he is going to step away sooner than we realize...
Maybe, or he could pull another Jason Witten and play until he is 60.

If possible post your startup in that thread if you are able to find it.

Am I allowed to post it here?
I don't see why not, but I'm hoping the startup thread can get some 2024 drafts in it

Am I allowed to post it here?
I don't see why not, but I'm hoping the startup thread can get some 2024 drafts in it
Just made a new thread called 2024 Startup Dynasty and posted the draft as we are in the 21st of 34 rounds.

He has 1 more season in him. Ain’t going out like this.
He might not have a choice - it’s not like he can just magically turn back the clock.

I’m sure he has a ton of offers to be an analyst - wouldn’t be surprised if he called it a career. He has hinted at it.

I've been contemplating trading Kelce (In the past year I've traded Waller, Engram and Logan for which I was able to flip them to draft LaPorta and Kindcaid) considering I also have Andrews and fairly solid at the position plus I'll be drafting another TE in 2024) I would like to grab Bowers but I will have to move up to get him. I won this year in spite of Kelce not performing up to his standard so we'll see how this shakes out. I really want to acquire so younger talent.

Tex

he's washed, an you can cover him more easily now, he doesn't get open, and mahomes has no one else to rely on.
Kelce's last season I bet her retires and goes to TV.

Yikes. I traded Andrews straight up and that was an overpay. The only reason I did that was I have Kincaid on the taxi said and didn’t want to bring him up. I think Kincaid outproduces Kelce next year.

he's washed, an you can cover him more easily now, he doesn't get open, and mahomes has no one else to rely on.
He got banged up early in the year and I do wonder if he has been playing with injuries this year. No doubt his age will eventually catch up to him but I do wonder how much the injuries have impacted him this year.

I feel like I'm washed at my age as well, but I hope I have a few good years left. At least mid-old-man #2 years left in me.

He got banged up early in the year and I do wonder if he has been playing with injuries this year. No doubt his age will eventually catch up to him but I do wonder how much the injuries have impacted him this year.

I think it's that knee he hurt the last week of training camp.

Last night early on Mahomes threw that corner route over his head in the end zone. The camera showed Kelce walking off raising his hand (to come out of the game), and he was grabbing at that right knee.

He came back in later but my money is on that knee and possible surgery in the offseason.

Last night early on Mahomes threw that corner route over his head in the end zone. The camera showed Kelce walking off raising his hand (to come out of the game), and he was grabbing at that right knee.

He came back in later but my money is on that knee and possible surgery in the offseason.
Ah very well could be then. Might need a meniscus clean-up. Not always an easy thing to play through depending how much crap is floating around in the knee and the swelling can be quite bad. AJ Brown dealt with that a lot his first few years and needed surgery on both knees.

….or retire instead.

….or retire instead.
I thought he might retire but didn't he say a week or two ago he was going to play again next year? Anyways, retirement is getting closer for Travis each year.

….or retire instead.
I thought he might retire but didn't he say a week or two ago he was going to play again next year? Anyways, retirement is getting closer for Travis each year.
I would think it would be pretty cool going into the HOF with my brother.

….or retire instead.
Me too

….or retire instead.
I would think it would be pretty cool going into the HOF with my brother.
Maybe not if Jason steals his GF. Oh wait…..he’s married. He looks like Jeremiah Johnson or Paul Bunyan.

Last edited:

….or retire instead.
It is, but with a few playoff records (currently held by Jerry Rice) within striking distance for Kelce if he plays a handful more playoff games, I could see him wanting to play for another season or two to try to elevate his overall numbers/status when it comes to all-time greatness. Playing with the best QB of his generation sure makes it easy to come back as well.

Users who are viewing this thread