What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jalen Wydermeyer, Free Agent (2 Viewers)

Texas A&M TE Jalen Wydermyer has been one of the best in the game within the conference since 2019.

Wydermyer (6'5/225) has been one of the best pass-catchers in the conference and that's evident to see in the film. But it doesn't stop there, there's proof in the numbers as well. Wydermyer has quite clearly separated himself from the rest of the SEC's tight ends, with the most receiving yards (1,468) among SEC tight ends since 2019.

Jan 28, 2022, 9:16 PM ET

2022 NFL Draft: Five takeaways from Liberty QB Malik Willis, Texas A&M pro days

Excerpt:

4) The arrow appears to be pointing down for a previously hyped Texas A&M tight end. Jalen Wydermyer has been one of the most highly touted prospects at his position in this year's draft, but it looks like he did not help himself at Tuesday's pro day. He was clocked by scouts at 5.03 seconds in the 40, per NFL Network's Jane Slater. The slowest time for a tight end at this year's combine was 4.96 seconds. NFL.com analyst Lance Zierlein believes Wydermyer's chances of being drafted are now in doubt.

Texas A&M TE Jalen Wydermyer is getting a 30 visit from the Commanders and Cowboys.

Wydermyer (6'5"/225) is coming into the draft as one of the more impressive SEC tight ends with the most receiving yards (1,468) among SEC tight ends since 2019. As teams begin to set up visits with prospects, he's gaining interest from a couple of teams. The Commanders have set up a visit, they have Logan Thomas on the roster but would certainly benefit from another option for new quarterback Carson Wentz. The Cowboys have moved on from Blake Jarwin and could be looking at Wydermyer as a compliment to Dalton Schultz. He is a great pass-catching tight end and would be a great pick-up in the mid-rounds for a team looking for options.

SOURCE: Sports Illustrated

Mar 26, 2022, 2:56 PM ET

Bills signed Texas A&M TE Jalen Wydermyer.

Wydermyer (6'4/255) looked like one of the top tight ends in the class until his pre-draft process was derailed by a poor Combine. With a 5.01 forty, 25.5-inch vertical, and a 9-foot-1 broad jump, Wydermyer is facing an uphill climb to make an NFL impact. His best shot at relevance is operating as a red-zone option, which is an area he excelled in at Texas A&M, recording a career 28% touchdown share.

Apr 30, 2022, 7:04 PM ET

Cut by the Bills. Tremendous fall from grace and I have him on my taxi squad. Wondering if it’s time to cut bait. Apparently had one of the worst measurables + combine outcomes ever and likely led to him going undrafted.

Cut by the Bills. Tremendous fall from grace and I have him on my taxi squad. Wondering if it’s time to cut bait. Apparently had one of the worst measurables + combine outcomes ever and likely led to him going undrafted.
It was probably time to cut bait after the combine. I could roll out of bed and be a better athlete than this guy. I'd be surprised if he even gets a look elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread