What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jace Sternberger, WAS (1 Viewer)

Inbox: He's going to get plenty of opportunity

Excerpt:

Todd from Sandy, UT

Since the Jermichael Finley era I have waited for a TE talent to emerge on GB. For one brief year GB had Jared Cook and I thought he made a big difference in the offense in that year. We keep hearing hype about Jace Sternberger, but I just don't see it. Give me reason to think this will be the season he emerges.

Because if healthy, he's going to get plenty of opportunity with Marcedes Lewis the only long-established veteran in front of him, and LaFleur's offense is ideal for a versatile tight end. The way he contributed down the stretch last year, after not even practicing for the first half of the season, is almost unheard of for a rookie, especially at that position.

Last edited by a moderator:
For someone that is expected to have a breakout season I'm a little bit baffled by the lack of trade activity in my leagues regarding him.

Definition of a hold; noone is going to pay anything, and his owners who waited through a whole lot of nothing last year want to see what they have.

JACE STERNBERGER TE, GREEN BAY PACKERS

Packers coach Matt LaFleur said TE Robert Tonyan is "absolutely" has a chance to start.

That means Jace Sternberger, the Packers' second-round pick last season, isn't a lock for the starting job. Sternberger earned that high draft investment at Texas A&M as a vertical threat, but it didn't translate at all as a rookie in 2019. He goose egged in the box score while backing up the ghost of Jimmy Graham, and the coaching staff hasn't put out the normal hype pieces in press conferences early in the 2020 training camp. Sternberger is more of a TE3 flier than someone to bet on as a TE2 right now. Perhaps that changes in a few weeks.

RELATED: 

Robert Tonyan Jr.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Aug 18, 2020, 7:48 PM ET

Fourth in snaps among GB TEs in Week 1. Targeted only once. Still a dynasty hold? 
It's his second year and he was hurt his entire first year.  There were no training camps this offseason.  He's a hold until his 4th season.

Packers TE Jace Sternberger (concussion) is out for Week 14 against the Lions. 

Sternberger was not going to be a fantasy option with Robert Tonyan healthy. Tonyan could see a bump in snaps and (maybe) targets this week against Detroit with Sternberger sidelined. Sternberger this year has played 25 percent of the Packers' offensive snaps to Tonyan's 65 percent. 

RELATED: 

Robert Tonyan

SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter 

Dec 11, 2020, 4:41 PM ET

NFL suspended Packers TE Jace Sternberger two games for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. 

Sternberger will miss games against the Saints and Lions before being eligible to return against the 49ers. It's another blow for a 2019 third-rounder who was easily hurdled on the depth chart by Robert Tonyan last season. Sternberger did catch the first 12 passes of his career last season, but it's difficult to see him making a meaningful Dynasty league move during what will be his age-25 campaign. 

SOURCE: Matt Schneidman on Twitter 

Jun 10, 2021, 4:07 PM ET

Packers waived TE Jace Sternberger.

Sternberger opened the year serving a two-game suspension but will be available to play immediately if he lands elsewhere. The former third-round pick finishes his stint in Green Bay with 12 receptions for 114 yards and one score. He'll have the choice to join Green Bay's practice squad if he passes through waivers unclaimed.

SOURCE: Ryan Wood on Twitter

Sep 21, 2021, 1:23 PM ET

Was very high on this guy in dynasty at one point, along with Dawson Knox.   Probably contributed to my decision to pay up when a firesale team made Hockenson available, even with Kelce and Goedert on board.   It feels great not to be dedicating roster spots to tight end development.

Users who are viewing this thread