What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE David Njoku, CLE (1 Viewer)

Glad I didn't bail on this guy after learning Watson was starting. Only needed him for one bye week but there might be some stash value here.

Njoku is a total baller. Just needs to have the coach allow him to run routes and have a QB to get him the ball.

That's happening right now.

I have held him for 4 years believing in his talent and the fact that he was being held back by the dumpster fire that is Cleveland. So happy to finally have him paying off. The guy is a straight stud and still young

I have held him for 4 years believing in his talent and the fact that he was being held back by the dumpster fire that is Cleveland. So happy to finally have him paying off. The guy is a straight stud and still young
He was doing really well the first half of last year, but then he had the high ankle sprain and never regained his momentum when he returned to Watson at QB.

Funny how Njoku and Cooper have developed great chemistry with QBs other than Watson.

He was doing really well the first half of last year, but then he had the high ankle sprain and never regained his momentum when he returned to Watson at QB.

Funny how Njoku and Cooper have developed great chemistry with QBs other than Watson.

I don't disagree that they've been BEASTING under Flacco... But the Browns were 4-1 w/Watson (inc a win v Baltimore, IN baltimore and v Cinci w/Joe Cool too.)

Cooper had 480yds and 2TDs in 5 games with Watson.
Cooper had 485yds and 3 TDs in 4 games with Flacco. 265 of which came in one game.

Defintely better numbers, but just arguing that it wasn't day/night.

Now, Njoku... VERY DIFFERENT story.

I don't disagree that they've been BEASTING under Flacco... But the Browns were 4-1 w/Watson (inc a win v Baltimore, IN baltimore and v Cinci w/Joe Cool too.)

Cooper had 485yds and 3 TDs in 4 games with Flacco. 265 of which came in one game.

Huge difference in actual stats though. In 6 games Watson had 1100 yards and 6tds which is borderline pathetic. In 5 games flacco has almost 1700 yards and 16tds

Offense being held back by watson bigtime

Such regret dropping him from dynasty rosters years ago
Hindsight 50/50 and all. After 4 years if a guy isn't showing the production that warrants rostering...Although I DID take him in the 1st round in a couple and at least one of those teams still has a hole at tight end, I don't regret regret it, just more like "wow, bummer"

Huge difference in actual stats though. In 6 games Watson had 1100 yards and 6tds which is borderline pathetic. In 5 games flacco has almost 1700 yards and 16tds

Offense being held back by watson bigtime
Flacco in a month has thrown for more TDs than Pitt, NYG, Carolina, Tenn, and the Jets have for the season.

I would argue it is day and night. The passing offense in Cleveland was terrible with Watson with maybe the exception of the 2nd half of the Ravens game. Even that comeback needed a 4th quarter pick six. Watson was carried by his defense. Three of the games Watson won, the opposing team scored 3, 3 and 0 points.

Watson never had over 300 passing yards. Flacco has done that in every game since his first (4 out of 5). Watson only had multiple passing TDs in 2 games. Flacco has done it in every game. The Browns are legit contenders with Flacco because they have a fully functional offense now. I'm not saying Watson is cooked or will never be good again, but Flacco has been a revelation for this team. Watson never came close to this production this year.

Only theory for Watson that I have is that he really isn’t motivated anymore with the contract and that he’s in Cleveland. He was excellent in Houston, especially during that will fuller blowup year. Flacco I think just loves the game and hence he’s a good fit. Stefanski probably feels hamstrung due to having to start Watson due to the contract and not due to the fact that he isn’t playing up to the standard expected.

I would argue it is day and night. The passing offense in Cleveland was terrible with Watson with maybe the exception of the 2nd half of the Ravens game. Even that comeback needed a 4th quarter pick six. Watson was carried by his defense. Three of the games Watson won, the opposing team scored 3, 3 and 0 points.

Watson never had over 300 passing yards. Flacco has done that in every game since his first (4 out of 5). Watson only had multiple passing TDs in 2 games. Flacco has done it in every game. The Browns are legit contenders with Flacco because they have a fully functional offense now. I'm not saying Watson is cooked or will never be good again, but Flacco has been a revelation for this team. Watson never came close to this production this year.

Ok, but I was clearly referring to the Watson - Cooper connection. They were working well together.

As a whole, it's clearly a different offense. Id never say otherwise

Flacco uses the underneath routes as well as the long ones. Thus you have more yards coming from TE's and slot. Watson just waits for Cooper to get open and chucks it. Making defenses defend the whole field is key. Flacco has many options, Watson has a few.

Users who are viewing this thread