What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Darren Waller, NYG (1 Viewer)

Late 6th/Early 7th, paired with someone like a Njoku, Kmet, Evan Engram if you can roster 2 Tight Ends, especially if you wait when the 1st 5-6 fly off the board.

Has anoyone seen him go that late? Latest I've seen him go is the 5th. Usually 4th.
I've been taking him almost universally in the 5th, so I'd say he's been averaging late 5th into the 6th in most of my drafts. The 4th is where I've seen Kittle and Hock normally go, and while I do put Waller right there I feel like I've been loving him this season because of the price of a 5th. 4th I'm still either catching a RB/WR falling I like or more than not taking a QB. I guess some leagues see Kittle and Hock go and reach for Waller right after as I do think he marks the tier break there.

I'm on the Waller train in redraft. Reports from camp say Jones is locked in on him.

Dude had boo boo face after D Adams arrived in Las Vegas. Comes across to me as an ego guy who hates playing second fiddle.

Luckily, there is limited competition and tons of opportunity in New York. Not sure if he has a career year in yards but catches is definitely possible.

In dynasty, I sold him straight up for Alexander Mattison.

Seems fishy to me. I feel like I saw some other questionables pop up out of nowhere on other teams. Are teams just gaming the questionable tag now?
I drafted Doubs in a couple leagues late as a sleeper, then he had his hammy issue & didn’t practice at all.

So I stopped drafting Doubs.

3 days before game 1 now Watson is out with a hammy & Doubs is practicing.

Something just seems weird about that.

ESPN’s Jordan Raanan reports Darren Waller was dealing with “some hamstring tightness late this week” and that he was moving well in Friday’s practice.

Waller was a surprise addition to the Giants’ injury report to close out the week, but according to Raanan, these issues didn’t arise during today’s practice. Waller being added to the injury report could prove to be a minor issue come Sunday, but fantasy managers will still want to ensure he’s active come game day. The Giants face the Cowboys on Sunday night football, leaving limited backup options if Waller is unable to go. Waller’s backup, Daniel Bellinger, would at least give managers somebody to play in a pinch.

ESPN’s Jordan Raanan reports Darren Waller was dealing with “some hamstring tightness late this week” and that he was moving well in Friday’s practice.

Waller was a surprise addition to the Giants’ injury report to close out the week, but according to Raanan, these issues didn’t arise during today’s practice. Waller being added to the injury report could prove to be a minor issue come Sunday, but fantasy managers will still want to ensure he’s active come game day. The Giants face the Cowboys on Sunday night football, leaving limited backup options if Waller is unable to go. Waller’s backup, Daniel Bellinger, would at least give managers somebody to play in a pinch.
he`ll spend the next couple of days in a hot tub stretching and be fine for game night

i hope

he`ll spend the next couple of days in a hot tub stretching and be fine for game night

i hope
The problem is his game is not until Sunday night. Hope we hear something early on Sunday. I have C. Okonkwo as an option but obviously would much rather Waller.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports TE Darren Waller’s (hamstring) injury is “not believed to be serious.”

The Giants hope to have Waller, who was added to the injury report Friday, for Sunday night vs Dallas. Waller’s hamstring looks unlikely to keep him out but his floor takes a hit with snap count risks. Daniel Bellinger would draw the start if Waller sits.

Reports yesterday indicated that TE Darren Waller’s hamstring isn’t a serious concern. It’ll be telling if the Giants promote a TE from the practice squad today (Tyree Jackson or Ryan Jones). If Waller can’t play, the Giants would be left with only two TE (Daniel Bellinger and Lawrence Cager) on the active roster.

From Giants beat writer

Most likely scenario, Waller plays and re-aggravates the hamstring in the 1st series and then misses multiple weeks. Hamstrings are one of those injuries that when you feel good, wait two more weeks to make sure.

Reports yesterday indicated that TE Darren Waller’s hamstring isn’t a serious concern. It’ll be telling if the Giants promote a TE from the practice squad today (Tyree Jackson or Ryan Jones). If Waller can’t play, the Giants would be left with only two TE (Daniel Bellinger and Lawrence Cager) on the active roster.

From Giants beat writer

As someone who has had Waller on some teams over the years, I wouldn't categorize a soft tissue injury with Waller as anything but a serious concern.

Last edited:
We use an app called clickydraft for one leagues, the whole league still gets together, but the draft is held online

6th round rolls around(6.11), and I attempt to take Waller, but accidentally click Dotson. Pick went on the board, I was a little drunk and thought meh it’s fine, I’ll get him when he comes back

Owner drafting at 1 took him with the next pick

Sometimes things happen for a reason

We use an app called clickydraft for one leagues, the whole league still gets together, but the draft is held online

6th round rolls around(6.11), and I attempt to take Waller, but accidentally click Dotson. Pick went on the board, I was a little drunk and thought meh it’s fine, I’ll get him when he comes back

Owner drafting at 1 took him with the next pick

Sometimes things happen for a reason
Thanks for the info. Reminds me to get more drunk for my next draft.

Waller (hamstring) is expected to suit up for Sunday night's divisional matchup against the Cowboys, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

But does anyone trust him, as he’s playing Sunday night?
I’ll probably put Everett in instead.

Per fantasy pros: Darren Waller is expected to play Week 1 on Sunday Night Football against the Dallas Cowboys.

Analysis: Despite appearing on the injury report this week with an apparent hamstring issue, it looks like Waller is expected to make his regular season Giants debut Sunday night. This is good news for any managers who spent relatively high draft capital on the star at such a shallow fantasy position. If Waller is unable to suit up after all, Daniel Bellinger would likely get the starting nod.

Waller (hamstring) is expected to suit up for Sunday night's divisional matchup against the Cowboys, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

But does anyone trust him, as he’s playing Sunday night?
I’ll probably put Everett in instead.
:coffee: Starting him with confidence. Not concerned with all the FUD.

If he's ready to go, you have to play him.

If you nervous about the hammy, you should not have drafted him. Hammy concern is a permanent condition for Waller.

If he's ready to go, you have to play him.

If you nervous about the hammy, you should not have drafted him. Hammy concern is a permanent condition for Waller.
You’re probably right. But I can’t help it, I’m benching.

I’m spooked by the cascade of bad TE news this week and I’m nervous he’s going to shrink into his baby nuts an hour before game time, be inactive, or come off the field gimpy after two possessions with a goose.

I should trade him.

JPAFootball
𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧: The hamstring injury that is bothering #Giants TE Darren Waller could be a “lingering issue” per @PLeonardNYDN
It’s the same hamstring injury that forced him onto IR with the #Raiders last year.It’s also more of a “nerve” issue than it is a muscle issue. https://nydailynews.com/2023/09/11/hope-but-no-info-for-giants-andrew-thomas-graham-gano-after-injuries-on-same-play/

Users who are viewing this thread