What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Albert Okweugbunam, DEN (1 Viewer)

Wasn't good. Wasn't terrible. 16th TE for my league this week. 6 waiver wire TEs ahead of him.

The more concerning thing is the 3 TE sets to go with already having Jeudy, Sutton and Hamlet with Williams out of the backfield. Too many mouths. No way to predict consistency.
My biggest worry is that he looked about as mobile as late-career Jimmy Graham.

Anybody still on Albert O should switch to Greg Dulcich (especially in dynasty leagues). I’m not saying Dulcich will be a stud in his rookie season, but he’s the TE to own in Denver.

Might have to be a little patient, though.

Broncos interim coach Jerry Rosburg said of Albert Okwuegbunam: "I haven’t seen him much on the field this year, and I’m just curious as to why that was because he is a good-looking athlete."​

Many were asking. Okwuegbunam played 37 of 70 snaps in Denver's first game since Greg Dulcich was placed on injured reserve. Finishing with a line of 3/45/1, Okwuegbunam profiles as a Week 18 tight end streamer who is squarely back on the fantasy radar. The Denver Post also noted that former coach Nathaniel Hackett did not trust Okwuegbunam as a blocker.
SOURCE: Denver Post
Jan 3, 2023, 3:11 PM ET

playing heavily in the last preseason game isn't great for future prospects...

That being said with all the WR injuries it would make sense to go more 2 TE with Trautman and Dulcich/Okwuegbunam.

Ah Albert O, my old [orange] crush at TE. Glad to see him do something even if it’s just preseason. Hope another team gives him a shot eventually, I still like the profile.

Last edited:
I just want to say this is a effing BRILLIANT video. So many times on fantasy boards we gaga over numbers and create hype trains like the Ty'son Williams train the last year, yet we ignore the football minutiae. Same thing with Albert O... in a crowded TE room with a new staff he wasn't able to climb the depth chart because he wasn't good enough as a blocker over Trautman, and not good enough to supplant Dulcich.

EDIT: BTW Ty'Son Williams got cut from Arizona despite being a "LEEG WINNA" because he still isn't a great pass blocker/not good enough to pass over Keontay Ingram.

The rich get richer 😮

Broncos traded TE Albert Okwuegbunam and a 2025 seventh-round pick to the Eagles for a 2025 sixth-round pick.
Okwuegbunam was set to be waived by the Broncos before the Eagles came swooping in to trade for the veteran tight end. Albert O will now get a fresh start in Philly after falling behind on the Broncos’ depth chart earlier in camp. Through 26 games, Okwuegbunam has caught 54 passes for 546 yards and four touchdowns. He could eventually slot in as the TE2 behind Dallas Goedert on the Eagles’ depth chart.

Users who are viewing this thread