What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza: Now at QB for the Buffalo Bills...Goo Goo Dolls (1 Viewer)

:lmao:  I will try to do some more updating for this at some point as well. Holy #### did I underestimate how many in season transactions there would be.

Know and love these songs, especially Fugazi, S.O.D., and Vain. 

Used to listen to Cinderella on trips to Florida.  

And The White Stripes selection is swoonable. Good work.  
I liked Cinderella way too much in high school, was their flag waver for sure.  They might be top ten (in their scene) if I had to make a list now, but I'm not sure, there's a lot of stuff I break out more often than them.  Pretty far up the derivative scale.. they were my lady-lookin frilly ### dudes though, and as an opener the first big arena rock/metal band I ever saw live.  They're still like 8 foot tall Amazon chicks in my mind

Last edited by a moderator:
rockaction said:
Wow. Deshaundelles vs. Bands To The Face for the title. Awaiting it. Nervous that Beckham is out, but we'll see...Go'odell.
My team hasn't been the best but I have benefited from near universal crapping of the bed by my opponents. Hope that continues this week!  In honor of this epic climb towards the title, I will get in all the music waiver pics I owe.   :bag:

I just found a great song from Madison and figured that would work for the packers. I'm bad at geographisizing. green bay is just brutal.

eta: and congrats to rock and neil for the magic.

Ok, I think this gets me current for tonight's waiver run.  

Keke Coutee – Houston/ ZZ Top - La Grange

Mark Walton – University of Miami/Blondie – Call Me

Kyle Juszczyk – Harvard/Morphine – Cure for Pain

Nathan Peterman Buf/Ani Difranco - 32 Flavors

Brett Maher – Dallas Cowboys/ Vanilla Ice- Ice Ice Baby

Niners D/Huey and the News – I Wanna New Drug

Sebastian Janikowski  - Seattle/ Pearl  Jam - Black

Robert Griffin III – Baylor/Okkervil River – Lost Coastlines

Josh McKown – NYJets/ Clap Your Hands Say Yeah – The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth

Cody Kessler – Jaxonvile, USC/Jane’s Addiction – Jane Says

To celebrate the end of the football season, Georgia brings some of its finest to the Official Halftime Show.

The B-52's get it started with Planet Claire.  They follow that up with a little Good Stuff.

They introduce Phillip Phillips singing Home.

He brings in the legendary Empress of Soul along with the Pips.  They sing Midnight Train to Georgia and then bring up the tempo with some of The Nitty Gritty.

But the legends still have something to say.  Ray Charles enters with flocks of angels to sing What'd I Say.

The Black Crowes go with Stare It Cold.

Collective Soul responds with Tremble For My Beloved, then segues into Shine.

REM brings us on home with Orange Crush.  

Finally, they bring Kate Pierson back on stage to end with Shiny Happy People.

Somewhere during the show, Ray Liotta quit smoking with Chantix.

Oof. When your 1 and 2 picks yield zero points you aren’t going to win many championships. Jordy Nelson Monday night miracle anyone?

Congrats to rockaction for winning the Championship! 🏆   

Merry Christmas 🎅 and Happy Holidays 🎄 to all!
Thanks, simey. Sort of elated by the whole process and championship. Even took screen caps of Yahoo with the win. I loved this thing. Shout out to @Northern Voice and @Eephus for running this and giving it its direction and guidance. Shout out to all the participants. 

Happy holidays to all as well. Like I told Nick, may they be full of love and laughter for you all.  

Thanks, simey. Sort of elated by the whole process and championship. Even took screen caps of Yahoo with the win. I loved this thing. Shout out to @Northern Voice and @Eephus for running this and giving it its direction and guidance. Shout out to all the participants. 

Happy holidays to all as well. Like I told Nick, may they be full of love and laughter for you all.  
I think it's time for a league photo. Everybody get together, and let's have the Champ front and center. Places people, places :clapclap:  

Hallelujah, everybody say cheese.  :pics:

This needs to be bumped, but with good reason. Joe promised us two scrips for the thread, and I nominated the commishes, but it seems Eephus had/has declined. If -- and that's an if -- the winner was supposed to get it (I thought we'd agreed upon it), then I inherit the mantle. 

But...

I'd like to give the scrip to @simey. She is the kindest person on the board, deals with feral cats (like Bob Barker), was an excellent manager, and is generally just good people. I'd like to defray her expenses of the cats and claim the subscription for her. 

If this is cool to the league of music drafters and to @Joe Bryant, let me know...

This needs to be bumped, but with good reason. Joe promised us two scrips for the thread, and I nominated the commishes, but it seems Eephus had/has declined. If -- and that's an if -- the winner was supposed to get it (I thought we'd agreed upon it), then I inherit the mantle. 

But...

I'd like to give the scrip to @simey. She is the kindest person on the board, deals with feral cats (like Bob Barker), was an excellent manager, and is generally just good people. I'd like to defray her expenses of the cats and claim the subscription for her. 

If this is cool to the league of music drafters and to @Joe Bryant, let me know...
Sure thing. 

But...

Thank you. There are lots of kind people on this board, but I'll accept it. 

And remember to spay and neuter your pets. Sincerely, simey Barker 

My company went through the dreaded "restructure" today and I still have a job, though I think I sell applesauce and Clamato juice now... in any case, I don't have a current draft and the end of life one give me sads I don't want, but I have had the beer and want to post italics lyrics, so ... In honour of his hall of fame induction (next year, after he gets to like 65% this year)

OF Larry Walker, MONTREAL EXPOS - Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

We rode our bikes to the nearest park
Sat under the swings, we kissed in the dark
You shield my eyes from the police lights
We run away, but we don't know why

One of the all time greats, part of a Blue Jays world series, and I want to draft this song.

3B/1B/DH Paul Molitor, MILWAUKEE BREWERS/(TORONTO BLUE JAYS) - Violent Femmes - American Music

Do you like American music 
I like American music 
Don't you like American music baby 
I want you to hold me 
I want your arms around me 
I want you to hold me baby 
Did you do too many drugs 
I did too many drugs 
Did you do too many drugs too baby 
You were born too late
I was born too soon 
But every time I look at that ugly moon 
It reminds me of you 

...these players probably aren't really linked if you're not a Jays fan, but they were the "hired gun" (incredible) designated hitters in consecutive years in 92/93 when the Jays won their two world series championships. I can't really in good conscience draft him as a Blue Jay, plus, I want to highlight the fact that Room on Fire is an absolute all time great album. Yes I know it sounds similar to Is This It?  but I think with time passed, objectively, it's even better. Anyway.

OF/DH - Dave Winfield - NEW YORK YANKEES/(TORONTO BLUE JAYS) - The Strokes - Reptilia

Now every time that I look at myself
"I thought I told you, this world is not for you"
The room is on fire as she's fixing her hair
"You sound so angry, just calm down, you found me"

Users who are viewing this thread