What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza: Now at QB for the Buffalo Bills...Goo Goo Dolls (2 Viewers)

David Byrne started his music career in Baltimore County - maybe the individuals “origin” doesn’t count though and that only applies to the band?

i can repick if necessary 
wasn't trying to trip you up... just curious. I'm trying to be a bit more literal with my picks (outside of scottish kickers)- but have no skin in how you do yours.

speaking of...

was hoping somebody would become available from this state so I could draft this band (even if their releases this year aren't as good as their earlier stuff)-

dez bryant, okl state stillwater.... sandman, BRONCHO

I didn't think so I was just thinking it through as I was going with the "origin" criteria and then realized that I would likely have need to take a solo Byrne song instead of a Heads song.
that's the way that makes sense for my method... but again, no worries.

If anything, I've learned about where musicians have been born more than good football. Almost took Lamar Jackson today. I wonder if Lee Ranaldo was born in B'More so I could have taken Sonic Youth again :)

Jk, Ranaldo grew up in New Haven, something I know intimately well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Added Packers DT/ST

Kings Go Forth -"One Day"  A sizzling platter of retro-soul from the 414 that came out in 2010 but sounds like it's been hidden in a crate of records for 40 years.

Have we ever done a punk draft?
I don't remember one and Google can't find it if it happened.
I don't think we have. I'm thinking a fairly broad definition of punk (can include emo, pop-punk, ska etc...) with maybe some minimal requirements (everyone takes at least one song from 70s/80s/90s/00s to get some variation, maybe a required song from a female punk singer) but keep it fairly wide open, if we've really never done one, to get an ultimate FFA punk playlist.

I think I put a bid in on Moncrief... but jacksonville would've killed me for music. VERY cool to see chilton taken. :thumbup:
I was happy to discover that Oxford Mississippi is less than 100 miles from Memphis. 

I will co-ordinate a punk draft with any preferred format, BUT, I'd like to start it ASAP (Monday?), so that we can also do a 2018 year end song/review for album poll draft beginning late-November/early December.

Also, I'll need some help running things the week of Black Friday, because (according to my friends), I work for 'big coffee' and that week is important...

Northern Voice said:
I will co-ordinate a punk draft with any preferred format, BUT, I'd like to start it ASAP (Monday?), so that we can also do a 2018 year end song/review for album poll draft beginning late-November/early December.

Also, I'll need some help running things the week of Black Friday, because (according to my friends), I work for 'big coffee' and that week is important...
What is up with this punk draft? Who should we signal

What is up with this punk draft? Who should we signal
For what it's worth, a punk draft might get slim. I'd do a punk/hip hop draft if at all possible. One is great. The other is great. Combined, you have the potential for lethality. Just my two cents on the matter. (And because I like punk and hip hop, too. :sheepish:)

For what it's worth, a punk draft might get slim. I'd do a punk/hip hop draft if at all possible. One is great. The other is great. Combined, you have the potential for lethality. Just my two cents on the matter. (And because I like punk and hip hop, too. :sheepish:)
I like that idea, punk is a sate of mind  and not just a musical genre. What is the most punk rap song you like?        No Run the Jewels

I like that idea, punk is a sate of mind  and not just a musical genre. What is the most punk rap song you like?        No Run the Jewels
It's a guy you took. Probably Ghostface's Shakey Dog off of Fishscale or Juelz Santana's Violence off of What The Game's Been Missing! 

Shakey Dog has probably always been my favorite since it came out.  

I just edited something -- but in spirit, it was right. Check this out. Chuck D ran a radio show at Adelphi. He was a :nerd: like us. From wiki:

Early life:

Ridenhour was born in Queens, New York. He began writing rhymes after the New York City blackout of 1977. After graduating from Roosevelt Junior-Senior High School, he went to Adelphi University on Long Island to study graphic design, where he met William Drayton (Flavor Flav). He received a B.F.A. from Adelphi in 1984 and later received an honorary doctorate from Adelphi in 2013.

While at Adelphi, Ridenhour co-hosted hip hop radio show the Super Spectrum Mix Hour as Chuck D on Saturday nights at Long Island rock radio station WLIR, designed flyers for local hip-hop events, and drew a cartoon called Tales of the Skind for Adelphi student newspaper The Delphian.

was hoping somebody would become available from this state so I could draft this band (even if their releases this year aren't as good as their earlier stuff)-

dez bryant, okl state stillwater.... sandman, BRONCHO
Wife got too drunk and had to leave four song into their show last night. Dez Bryant destroys his leg first day of practice. Coincidence?

Oh man,, I owe some picks somewhere here 
Yeah, you do, dude.   :lmao:

I was looking at the list wondering about everybody keeping up with it. We're all trying to manage our teams off of a short waiver wire, never mind keeping up with the music. 

Kinda funny. I just took Cash's cover of Cave (I think) in desperation mode. I mean, I love the song, but I was twenty-three when I loved it.   

Users who are viewing this thread