What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Square Local Offers - anyone using?? (1 Viewer)

urbanhack

Fight The Power!

I've been using this quite a bit lately. A lot of the places I dine and order take out use Square as their Point of Sale. Restaurants post cash back offers on a week to week basis and you just need to activate. Some of my favorite places are offering 20 to 25% cash back when you order through the app or pay with your credit card linked to your account. Highly recommend

I've been using this quite a bit lately. A lot of the places I dine and order take out use Square as their Point of Sale. Restaurants post cash back offers on a week to week basis and you just need to activate. Some of my favorite places are offering 20 to 25% cash back when you order through the app or pay with your credit card linked to your account. Highly recommend
Looks like it's just in Portland currently. Can't get anything in the Chicago burbs to pop up.

Using that link ... how do you see local offers in other cities? It's not through the Search bar.

I'd rather not sign up before checking out what's available locally. I'll see if Googling "Square Local Offers, New Orleans" yields anything.

EDIT: What Hawks64 said -- it's not nationwide yet. Will wait to see if it ever makes it down here.

Looks like it's just in Portland currently. Can't get anything in the Chicago burbs to pop up.
Oh...didn't realize it was just local to Portland.

I've gotten $40 in just the past 2 weeks with my normal eating out / pick up pattern.

I've gotten $40 in just the past 2 weeks with my normal eating out / pick up pattern.
I would be all over this if it were here, so many of our local places use square.

I would be all over this if it were here, so many of our local places use square.
I'm sure. Square isn't perfect, but the state of the credit card processing industry before Square was an absolute nightmare. Particularly for smaller, local places.

Stupid, hard to get out of contracts that would make a timeshare salesman proud. Fee structure that's purposefully confusing as hell so there's no way to ever tell you how much you'll be paying before you enter the stupid sticky contract.

Square (and Paypal) found the perfect market to disrupt because it was full of snakes. I know a lot of good people that worked for credit card processing companies, but the companies provided some horrible terms for clients and could get away with it because everybody else was doing it too.

This is now available in Atlanta.

Just did a quick calculation. I've now put $120 back in my pocket by just ordering from places on this list, many of them are regular spots.

Users who are viewing this thread