What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Songs You're Embarrassed to Admit Liking (1 Viewer)

Kenny Powers

Footballguy
Im sure there are quite a few, but I heard a couple on the radio this week, and the movie thread of this ilk inspired me to embarrass myself here. So, to start this off:

The Cranberries - Dreams

Edwin McCain - I'll Be

...and probably the winner since its from the awful Nic Cage and Meg Ryan romance fantasy...

The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

Since you've been gone

I think were alone now

Dancing in the dark (tegan and sara version)

That I could be brown I could be blue I could be violet song

Toto - Africa

Although Toto is one of my favorite bands. I'm not embarassed to admit that. Metallica and Slayer are my tops, so I guess I'm pretty diverse.

Lose Somebody - KoL

Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind.

When We Were Young - Killers

I actually have a Guilty Pleasures playlist

Anything by Marcy Playground, Bush, or Better Than Ezra. Any 90's crossover ska. And as I get older, I find myself listening to way too much 95.7 KISS FM, which sounds exactly like its call letters. :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
poopdawg said:
Toto - Africa

Although Toto is one of my favorite bands. I'm not embarassed to admit that. Metallica and Slayer are my tops, so I guess I'm pretty diverse.
"Africa??" I love it. What's not to like, or be embarrassed about?

I guess mine would be "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus or whatever Kenny G's big hit was called; I liked it. :shrug:

Anything by Marcy Playground, Bush, or Better Than Ezra. Any 90's crossover ska. And as I get older, I find myself listening to way too much 95.7 KISS FM, which sounds exactly like its call letters. :bag:
Whats wrong with liking Bush?! I still give Sixteen Stone a listen every now and then. I only know the 2-3 singles Better Than Ezra had, and Sex and Candy from Marcy Playground, but I dont see anything embarrassing with those either.

Whats wrong with liking Bush?! I still give Sixteen Stone a listen every now and then. I only know the 2-3 singles Better Than Ezra had, and Sex and Candy from Marcy Playground, but I dont see anything embarrassing with those either.
The Bush songs are in rotation on my carpod for a long time. Plus they're fun to play along to.

I haven't bought music in over 10 years and I prefer the sound of a female singer. I don't listen to much music at all anymore, but when I do it, it ends up being whatever teenybopper is on the pop station. I normally like what I hear.

If I could remember the names of these songs, I assume I could win this thread.

Same as the last 15 or so of these threads we've done - not embarrassed about any song I like.

As for "Africa", I don't know why anyone would be embarrassed about it. In fact, the pizza place cover version by Mike Masse/Jeff Hall has brought new appreciation for the tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLrC7e3vSv8

Same as the last 15 or so of these threads we've done - not embarrassed about any song I like.

As for "Africa", I don't know why anyone would be embarrassed about it. In fact, the pizza place cover version by Mike Masse/Jeff Hall has brought new appreciation for the tune.

Is that Louis CK singing lead?
That's what half of the comments say below in the clip. Definitely a look-alike, but man Masse has got some pipes.

That's what half of the comments say below in the clip. Definitely a look-alike, but man Masse has got some pipes.
He sure does. I found their version of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and it is quite impressive (except for the moron walking in front of the camera) Does this pizza joint hold 10 people because it seems tiny

He sure does. I found their version of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and it is quite impressive (except for the moron walking in front of the camera) Does this pizza joint hold 10 people because it seems tiny
Not sure, but by the muted applause after Africa, seems like it's a hole in the wall. Bunch of wazoos in there/walking by that don't realize they are in the midst of greatness.

pollardsvision said:
I haven't bought music in over 10 years and I prefer the sound of a female singer. I don't listen to much music at all anymore, but when I do it, it ends up being whatever teenybopper is on the pop station. I normally like what I hear.

Speaking of female singers, I'm a sucker for those techno/trance songs where some producer hires a chick to do vocals over the top of his music.

Not embarrassed to like Neil Diamond, but that his greatest hits 1 and 2 are on my run-list is slightly embarrassing.

I like just about every song by P!nk. the Cure is still on my Pandora favorites mix.

pollardsvision said:

Speaking of female singers, I'm a sucker for those techno/trance songs where some producer hires a chick to do vocals over the top of his music.
:yes: Rihanna paired with just about anyone is awesome.

Air Supply gems like:

I'm lyin' alone, with my head on the phone.. thinkin of you til it hurts... I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you..

Here I am, the one that you love...

Sailing, Arthur's Theme - Christopher Cross

:coffee:

Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne

With You - Avril Lavigne

Love Story - Taylor Swift

Freeway of Love - Aretha Franklin

Wise Up - Aimee Mann

Basia. Pretty much all of her stuff.

The Justin Timberlake song Mirrors.. usually don't like that type of music but for some reason dig that song..

Apes with Guns said:
Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne

With You - Avril Lavigne

Love Story - Taylor Swift

Freeway of Love - Aretha Franklin

Wise Up - Aimee Mann

Basia. Pretty much all of her stuff.
Aimee Mann fan here. Extremely talented woman

Users who are viewing this thread