What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seahawks WR Ben Obomanu (1 Viewer)

Routilla

Footballguy
Anyone think he could be a sneaky play down the stretch with BMW gimpy?

CAR, @SF, ATL, @TB through week 16. Thinking about dropping James Jones for him.

Anyone think he could be a sneaky play down the stretch with BMW gimpy?CAR, @SF, ATL, @TB through week 16. Thinking about dropping James Jones for him.
Valuable even with BMW at 100% as long as Hass is starting. Hass has been been evil accurate. Don't count Big Mike out either though.Seattle has a good passing schedule but also is fighting for a legitimate playoff spot and has Okung healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
@espn_nfcwest: Pete Carroll: Mike Williams "surprised himself" by "running around a little bit" and catching passes. "It was encouraging"

@espn_nfcwest: Pete Carroll: Mike Williams "surprised himself" by "running around a little bit" and catching passes. "It was encouraging"
if running around a little bit is a big step, he's a long way away, probably one hit away from going back down.

:lmao:

In. Surprised I got him on waivers this week and he gets the start for me over Burleson at WR3..Nicks and VJax out. Could be a nice late season find/add.

if running around a little bit is a big step, he's a long way away, probably one hit away from going back down.
Not a "hit" thing. It's a sprained foot. So, one wrong step. Carroll said they would say by today or tomorrow if he was in or out. I don't expect that to happen, although it would be more of a GTD.To Obamanu - I think he's another good play regardless.

Got him in 2 of my leagues last night and probably starting him over DMC in one league and not sure in the other as I have James Jones, Harvin and Ward possibly ahead of him!?!? Just wanted to let FF'ers know what some of us are doing with Ben.....I really doubt BMW plays a snap this week which, obviously, ups Ben's value....

I also picked up Ben off of waivers, didn't play him this last weekend, but seriously thinking about it here in week 13. I like him if BMW is out and will likely roll with him over Boldin/Braylon/Breaston...

I'm happy with the #'s last week (obviously- and I started him :hey: ) but is anyone concerned that it was done on 6 targets. Including 2 catches for 10 yards at the half. Didn't watch the game, so if anyone can chime in with any insight that'd be great.

but i now own him in all 4 of my leagues. I remember this guy getting a lot of sleeper hype 1-2 yrs ago, but Hass was so hurt it didn't matter. Let's hope he keeps it up! I know the threads of yore all said he was a big team, guy and the coaches really liked him fwiw. I wonder if anyone can dredge up one of those old threads.

...is anyone concerned that it was done on 6 targets. Including 2 catches for 10 yards at the half. Didn't watch the game, so if anyone can chime in with any insight that'd be great.
This is exactly what concerns me. I guess one of his plays was essentially just a broken coverage too??? I'd also like to hear from anyone that saw the game. I've got a decision between Obomanu and Jacoby Ford, and right now I'm "thinking Ford first" based largely on the fact that Ford is getting more targets than Obomanu. (It doesn't hurt that I get some return yardage pts too).

loompa17 said:
Hipple said:
...is anyone concerned that it was done on 6 targets. Including 2 catches for 10 yards at the half. Didn't watch the game, so if anyone can chime in with any insight that'd be great.
This is exactly what concerns me. I guess one of his plays was essentially just a broken coverage too??? I'd also like to hear from anyone that saw the game. I've got a decision between Obomanu and Jacoby Ford, and right now I'm "thinking Ford first" based largely on the fact that Ford is getting more targets than Obomanu. (It doesn't hurt that I get some return yardage pts too).
Busted coverage. Yes. Also the game was borderline garbage time.
Obviously there are plenty of WR's who get big points in chunks but he doesn't at all have the same utilization or chemistry w/ Hass like BMW so expectations might be tempered just a tad.

loompa17 said:
Hipple said:
Not really 'busted' coverage, just looked that way with how open he was. The second replay shows this really well. Both safety and DB bit HARD on a pretty nice double move. Not that the defense was good, just got worked by OB-Man (pronounced like Obi-wan kenobi) :goodposting:

I started him last week over Hines Ward because I was really down on Ward at the time. If Mike Williams is out this week, I'll probably start him and Ward over Mike Thomas. Fortunately, I have Mike Williams as well, so I'll pretty much just plan on starting one of the two.

loompa17 said:
All good. My comment was more about the safety #23 Lewis "being way too aggressive" to use the announcers words. Perhaps more important at the end of the clip you can see Lewis limping (perhaps more pronounced than usual since he just got burned, lol).Obomanu has skills, don't get me wrong so not trying to be argumentative.

Severely cut his hand yesterday (didnt see the hit but it was described as pretty brutal) after going 2 for 40 in the 1st half.

The opportunity is still there with BMW getting injured this week and missing at least 1 game per Roto, and some nice passing matchups coming up. My concern is if he will be limited even if he plays.

I hate to have to rely on a shaky situation for the playoffs, but the WW is thin and I am depleted at WR (Nicks, VJax, Dez).

Anyways, :rolleyes: for updates this week.

Seahawks blog

Wide receiver Ben Obomanu expected the hit was coming, bracing himself and holding onto the ball.

"When you run across the middle of the field, you understand that a lot of people are going to be flying around," Obomanu said. "I tried to catch it and get down. I'm glad I held onto the ball, too."

Just how he was able to do that is pretty remarkable because Obomanu suffered a laceration to his hand that required stitches. The result was a 27-yard reception, and while Obomanu didn't return to the game, he offered a positive prognosis as he answered questions afterward with his hand wrapped.

<>P>"I'll be back and I'll be able to play next week," Obomanu said.

The prognosis is not so clear for Mike Williams, who left the game after Seattle's first series because of an ankle injury. While coach Pete Carroll emphasized that injury is different from the foot strain that kept Williams out of last week's game against Kansas City, the proximity of the two injuries is problematic.

"It's right next to where his foot was injured so it was kind of compounded," Carroll said.

What's the level of concern about injuries at wide receiver as Seattle played the entire second half with only three wideouts?

"Geez, I don't know what to tell you right now," Carroll said. "We've got to see what's going to happen here."

Seattle hosted Dwayne Jarrett and former Seahawk Bobby Engram for tryouts two weeks ago so the Seahawks might be looking again.

I saw him live vs the Saints and I picked him up then, he looked great.

Seems like he was on his way to another game except for that freak injury?

wtf? A few stitches? Then whey didn't he go back in? That sux. Hell hockey players do this all the time, and those are sticthes from 100 mph pucks. Hell Big Ben broke his nose and played. YOu can't stich/tape.wrap and then go make a few catches? ARGHHHHH People play with broken arms. :shrug:

started OB-man in 3 leagues.

Seems like he would still be a hold at this point. With reports that Mike Williams may miss Week 14, and possibly more IMO, he has two nice match-ups against SF (18th in receiving yards allows per game) and ATL (26th). Week 16 against TAM, not so nice (7th)...

Edited to include link.

Seems like he would still be a hold at this point. With reports that Mike Williams may miss Week 14, and possibly more IMO, he has two nice match-ups against SF (18th in receiving yards allows per game) and ATL (26th). Week 16 against TAM, not so nice (7th)...

Edited to include link.
Hard to figure this out.For the remainder of the season, there is Williams, and then whether Obo is really ok.

wtf? A few stitches? Then whey didn't he go back in? That sux. Hell hockey players do this all the time, and those are sticthes from 100 mph pucks. Hell Big Ben broke his nose and played. YOu can't stich/tape.wrap and then go make a few catches? ARGHHHHH People play with broken arms. :thumbup: started OB-man in 3 leagues.
You're joking, right?

Edited to include link.
Latest on Williams (with a comment on Obomanu in bold):
(FFChamps) Seattle Seahawks Head Coach, Pete Carroll, is optimistic about Wide Receiver Mike Williams (ankle) taking the field in Week 14. Williams was out in Week 12 with a foot injury but was able to play in Week 13, however he suffered an ankle sprain in the 1st Quarter and did not return to action.

Analysis: At first it seemed Williams would be forced to miss at least one game, but it turns out the injury isnt as bad as originally reported. If Williams doesnt play, Seattle will be without two of their best receiving options, since Ben Obomanu will likely be out with a hand injury.
(RotoWire) Coach Pete Carroll was optimistic that Williams (ankle) would be able to play this week against the 49ers, the Tacoma News Tribune reports.

Analysis: "We think he's got a chance," Carroll said. "It was not a real bad sprain. We just kind of couldn't tell what happened with the sprain and the foot problem that he has. He couldn't get up on it and get running. But the doctors think by Thursday or Friday we'll know a lot more, and have a chance to see where he can go." Be sure to check back in on injury reports later in the week before making any lineup decisions involving Williams.
I'm not sure what to believe at this point.

I made the mistake of sitting Boldin and then making a choice between Obomanu and BMW last week. I went with BMW unfortunately. My lineup is in for the week and I am not touching it. Hopefully, Boldin has come back to life.

I made the mistake of sitting Boldin and then making a choice between Obomanu and BMW last week. I went with BMW unfortunately. My lineup is in for the week and I am not touching it. Hopefully, Boldin has come back to life.
Please PM cell phone number so I can check in, find the results out Sun evening

Please PM cell phone number so I can check in, find the results out Sun evening
I will be ranting on Monday in the proper thread if things go bad again.

Ouch, I thought that I was in a great position when I had both Williams and Obomanu. At worst, I thought I would have one good receiving option from the pair.

I don't know if I can trust Mike Williams this week, unless he practices all week. Obomanu's injury must be worse than it sounds, because it doesn't seem like it should be that bad. Then again, I've never tried to catch a football with stiches on my hand...

From Seattle Times today:

December 8, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Mike Williams, Ben Obomanu not expected to practice Wednesday, Thursday

Posted by Danny O'Neil

RENTON -- For the third consecutive week, the most important measurement for the Seahawks will come down to one foot.

Mike Williams' foot to be more precise.

He now has a sprained right ankle to go along with that strained right foot, and while he's not in a plastic walking boot, he's not expected to practice Wednesday or Thursday.

"They're going to try him out and do some things with him through the process and see if they can get him going," coach Pete Carroll said. "We're going to give him a couple days here."

Same goes for receiver Ben Obomanu, who suffered a lacerated right hand in the game.

"We're going to give him a couple of days before we do anything with him, let everything quiet down, but holding out hope that those guys still have a chance to play."

From Seattle Times today:December 8, 2010 at 11:41 AMMike Williams, Ben Obomanu not expected to practice Wednesday, ThursdayPosted by Danny O'NeilRENTON -- For the third consecutive week, the most important measurement for the Seahawks will come down to one foot.Mike Williams' foot to be more precise.He now has a sprained right ankle to go along with that strained right foot, and while he's not in a plastic walking boot, he's not expected to practice Wednesday or Thursday."They're going to try him out and do some things with him through the process and see if they can get him going," coach Pete Carroll said. "We're going to give him a couple days here."Same goes for receiver Ben Obomanu, who suffered a lacerated right hand in the game."We're going to give him a couple of days before we do anything with him, let everything quiet down, but holding out hope that those guys still have a chance to play."
if either of Obo or BMW are out, who's the better pickup? Tate or Butler?

Sando on ESPN says he's being fitted with a special glove and is likely to play.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5907053

If Obo plays and Williams doesn't, he certainly seems startable to me.

Has anyone seen a picture of this laceration? I can only assume it's so tricky because the wrist bends so much and it makes it easy to re-open.
Well Isure don't have a lot of confidence in him to be productive, nevermind finish the game.

Sando on ESPN says he's being fitted with a special glove and is likely to play.

Has anyone seen a picture of this laceration? I can only assume it's so tricky because the wrist bends so much and it makes it easy to re-open.
I understood it to be between fingers - either ring finger and middle or ring finger and little finger.

:doh:

You would think that in this day an age that a minor laceration should be patchable/protectable. Might need a pain shot but :lmao: that's why they pay you the big bucks...

I understood it to be between fingers - either ring finger and middle or ring finger and little finger.
Not sure where I got wrist from, seemed like I remembered reading that around when it happened. It makes more sense that it's a problem if it's between the fingers. I'm imagining tearing the "web" between my fingers - yowch! Seems like that would make it pretty hard to catch.What's so weird about Obomanu's injury is that he didn't practice. Carroll said today he was running around all week, so he'll probably play, but it ultimately will probably come down to a gametime decision of whether or not he can catch the ball. If he's active, it still seems to me like he should be able to produce, especially if M. Williams is absent.

Users who are viewing this thread