What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roddy White - Well, looks like he has screwed us all (1 Viewer)

Sucks for julio and atl but am I correct in thinking the Julio injury is good for roddy? Douglas is very average and i think ryan will be forced to target white constantly

Sucks for julio and atl but am I correct in thinking the Julio injury is good for roddy? Douglas is very average and i think ryan will be forced to target white constantly
It's huge for Roddy. Yes, he'll draw a lot more coverage. But his targets will go way up.

What are the chances that White even get's fully healthy this year. The guy needs to lay off of it. Now a hammy? I hope he does NOTHING for the next 10 days.

Jason Cole ‏@JasonPhilCole 2m

It's early, but ATL WR Roddy White is probably 50-50, at best, for next game Oct. 20 vs Tampa. Hamstring pull.

He'll play. I think his streak means alot to him
Helping his team should matter more. He should have never played in the MNF game if he suffered a "setback" in Week $ like what was reported.
Yeah, who does he think he is?!? Selfish *******
Its really disturbing that Roddy stole the active roster and wrote his name on it, and dont get me started about sneaking onto the sideline and forcing his way into the huddle. Coaches must be livid.

Helping his team should matter more. He should have never played in the MNF game if he suffered a "setback" in Week $ like what was reported.
Yeah, who does he think he is?!? Selfish *******
Its really disturbing that Roddy stole the active roster and wrote his name on it, and dont get me started about sneaking onto the sideline and forcing his way into the huddle. Coaches must be livid.
Suspension worthy IMO

It's funny. People used to accuse Moss of pretending to be hurt to miss games. Maybe fans are just fickle.

As for me, I prefer a warrior. I like guys who will play hurt and guys will give it a 110%. People are speculating about White's motivation, but how do you know his motivation wasn't to help his team win?

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Falcons are concerned Roddy White could miss at least one game due to his hamstring pull.
####
as long as he comes back healthy, I don't care he misses a game or two.he's going to get a ton of targets whenever he comes back
This. If you have the roster space, White is a solid hold for FF playoffs. The second Julio's injury is season ending, Roddy becomes the clear #1 on a fairly high-powered passing offense with an above-average NFL QB.

DoubleG said:
need2know said:
rascal said:
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Falcons are concerned Roddy White could miss at least one game due to his hamstring pull.
####
as long as he comes back healthy, I don't care he misses a game or two.he's going to get a ton of targets whenever he comes back
This. If you have the roster space, White is a solid hold for FF playoffs. The second Julio's injury is season ending, Roddy becomes the clear #1 on a fairly high-powered passing offense with an above-average NFL QB.
I am very lucky with my situation. I own him in two leagues. 5-0 in one, 4-1 in the other. Have three good wrs to use over him in both leagues. I can certainly understand frustration if you are trying to count on him right now. ..

The best thing that can happen is that he does miss week 7. Otherwise, his ego to keep his streak going and/or his urge to be a warrior will force him to go out and never get full-strength. I also have the luxury of holding with other options,but him missing short term time is better long term.

Yea, still no go with this guy. I'm cutting bait. Dead weight on a 1-5 team. Some idiot dropped Kenbrall Thompkins last week. Goodbye Roddy.

week 9 is bye week hell for me, but it looks like i'll be starting the likes of LaFell and Marlon Brown over White that week

Insein said:
Yea, still no go with this guy. I'm cutting bait. Dead weight on a 1-5 team. Some idiot dropped Kenbrall Thompkins last week. Goodbye Roddy.
If you are 1-5 - Kenbrall isn't gonna change that. Roddy might.

If you drop Roddy....expect to see a post somewhere that reads "Some idiot dropped Roddy White last week. Hello Roddy"

Insein said:

If you drop Roddy....expect to see a post somewhere that reads "Some idiot dropped Roddy White last week. Hello Roddy"
depending on the depth of your league....maybe Roddy is a lottery ticket at this point

HAS and hammy issues is a double whammy

He should have never played in wks 1-5. He'd be 100% right now this team had been smart...maybe he skips 1-4 and they beat the Jets

To manage an injury ny "toughing it out" in this day and age...horrible

Insein said:

Roddy isnt changing anything if he doesn't play. Wasted pick is all he is. If he happens to contribute 2 or 3 weeks from now, how does that help me? I need to win every week basically and carrying dead weight isnt going to help. I'm sure the 5-1 teams will snatch him up hoping he returns to form some time around week 14. Makes no sense for me to keep him though.

I think Roddy has been so consistent for so long, that you can't refer to him as a lottery ticket.

The HAS was an issue prior to week 1. I haven't heard or read anything that indicates the ankle is a problem for him.

So, he has a hammy and is questionable for week 7. I can't see a hammy keeping this guy off the field for more than a week.

I just can't imagine a team or a league where you would drop Roddy White for Kenbrall. If the argument is because I have to win right now....my point is that Thompkins isn't winning you any games...even last week, the guy had 3 catches and a touchdown. His ceiling has to be in the range of 6-7 catches per game for under a 100 yards and a chance at a touchdown. Roddy can give you that with a bad hammy, especially without Julio....and with a good hammy, his ceiling is double Thompkins.

No point to drop him...at least not for Kenbrell.....maybe for a guy like Keenan Allen, but definitely not for Thompkins.

I think Roddy has been so consistent for so long, that you can't refer to him as a lottery ticket.

The HAS was an issue prior to week 1. I haven't heard or read anything that indicates the ankle is a problem for him.

So, he has a hammy and is questionable for week 7. I can't see a hammy keeping this guy off the field for more than a week.

I just can't imagine a team or a league where you would drop Roddy White for Kenbrall. If the argument is because I have to win right now....my point is that Thompkins isn't winning you any games...even last week, the guy had 3 catches and a touchdown. His ceiling has to be in the range of 6-7 catches per game for under a 100 yards and a chance at a touchdown. Roddy can give you that with a bad hammy, especially without Julio....and with a good hammy, his ceiling is double Thompkins.

No point to drop him...at least not for Kenbrell.....maybe for a guy like Keenan Allen, but definitely not for Thompkins.
You're getting too caught up in the name. Roddy basically could have and should have sat the first 6 weeks to get right. Instead he got a different injury while leaving everyone in the dark as to whether or not the ankle is healed. So for the same reason people aee cutting bait with high draft picks like David Wilson, you can't afford to wait on Roddy.

Thompkins meanwhile has been growing each week. He was as raw as you could get week 1 and now has 4 tds in the last 4 games. So even if its on 50 yards and a td that's 50 yards and a td morr than Roddy has been giving. Plus the potential to become a key target for Brady grows each week.

Let's just agree to disagree.

I think you have seen the ceiling in terms of production with Thompkins. I have seen him drop too many passes that would make me believe he is suddenly going to explode.

Season is too early to make moves like this...even at 1-5. Thompkins might get you to 2-5, but he certainly isn't going to get you to the playoffs. White, on the other hand - at least has the potential to do this...especially in PPR leagues.

Assuming the HAS is better, he could be 90% with the hamstring in a week or he could be 50% in 4 weeks. He is the definition of lottery ticket, but it's still likely that he'll be a difference maker in the fantasy playoffs in 7 or 8 weeks. I'm not surprised some will drop him, especially if they need to win now.

Roddy White is officially awesome.

Now that I have gotten that out of the way.... I will say that I was very disappointed with the decision to play on that HAS. Whether it was his own selfish decision or the Falcons deciding to Jerry Rig their offense in order to put him on the field as a decoy. We have seen some players try this over the years, and it usually is not a recipe for success. It most likely is what caused the hammy and the fact that he kept running out there week after week, after telling the media that he was not right... That was just a terrible decision.

Hopefully he will finally rest, and get right. The Falcons know they can turn it around, but without Roddy now, they will have nothing. They know he needs to get healthy

I think you have seen the ceiling in terms of production with Thompkins. I have seen him drop too many passes that would make me believe he is suddenly going to explode.

Season is too early to make moves like this...even at 1-5. Thompkins might get you to 2-5, but he certainly isn't going to get you to the playoffs. White, on the other hand - at least has the potential to do this...especially in PPR leagues.
And neither is Roddy.

I must've missed him doing that the first 6 weeks then. Can't help you if isnt healthy.

Roddy White has 5 consecutive years amongst the top 10 fantasy WRs on his resume. If/when he's healthy, he's elite.

How anyone can say with any confidence what his health is now, let alone what it will be in a few weeks, is baffling to me.

I'm also 1-5 and I just traded FOR White. I'm happy to let him sit on my bench for now and ride it out. The guys I gave up (DeAngelo Williams and Hartline) surely weren't going to save me.

Roddy is no different than Percy Harvin at this point. He's a potential top 5 WR that apparently some people are dropping to the waiver wire. Is he hurt NOW? Yes. Does this mean he will be hurt all season? Of course not.

Without Julio he is Matt Ryan's top weapon. Once, healthy he could easily be a guy that gets you a championship late in the year.

And neither is Roddy.
:lmao:

Roddy is no different than Percy Harvin at this point. He's a potential top 5 WR that apparently some people are dropping to the waiver wire. Is he hurt NOW? Yes. Does this mean he will be hurt all season? Of course not.

Without Julio he is Matt Ryan's top weapon. Once, healthy he could easily be a guy that gets you a championship late in the year.
Which is exactly what I picked them both up for. I will gladly roll with the Edelmans and Hartlines of the world for a bye-week fill in for an extra week if it means I get two top 10 receivers for free come playoffs

And neither is Roddy.
:lmao:
I can 100% guarantee roddy wont get me to the playoffs if he doesn't help me win the next 5 games. So if he's still hurt like he's been all year, what are we even talking about here? Roddy when healthy is a stud. He's not healthy and hasnt been all year. Him toughing it out has been a terrible decision that's prolonged his recovery and probably led to additional injuries.

You're obviously in a pretty unique situation, if a guy that will get you (hypothetically) 8 points a week beginning now is worth more to you than a guy that will get you 12 points a week, beginning week 9.

Most folks would make the opposite choice.

davearm said:
You're obviously in a pretty unique situation, if a guy that will get you (hypothetically) 8 points a week beginning now is worth more to you than a guy that will get you 12 points a week, beginning week 9.

When you have 3+ wins, that's great. You can afford to bench him for a few weeks. When you have one win and people wont give you a wr3 for him in a trade, its time to move on. I have no doubt he'll be picked up. 8 pts a week for 3 weeks is better than 0.

I hope he's learned that it's best to sit out if he isn't close to 100%. Would rather see him sit it out this week and start practicing next week.

davearm said:

When you have 3+ wins, that's great. You can afford to bench him for a few weeks. When you have one win and people wont give you a wr3 for him in a trade, its time to move on. I have no doubt he'll be picked up. 8 pts a week for 3 weeks is better than 0.
I get the need for immediate production. Just seems strange that you don't have a worse player than White you can drop for Thompkins.

davearm said:

I get the need for immediate production. Just seems strange that you don't have a worse player than White you can drop for Thompkins.
Only a 7 man bench in a 2 qb league.

Users who are viewing this thread