What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rod Streater (1 Viewer)

With Rogers, Smelter, and Ellington all on some version of IR, and Torrey Smith a deep threat, there's a 100 targets sitting there for someone. 

Streater might take a couple weeks, but send worth a WR 5 or 6 spot to me.

From 8/5/16, KC:

4. Rod Streater has looked great filling in for Albert Wilson.

Wide receiver Albert Wilson has missed the last two practices with a calf strain, and four-year veteran Rod Streater has looked great filling in with the first team.

Streater is showing burst and athleticism and rarely drops a pass.

The leader of the wide receivers room, Jeremy Maclin, weighed in on Streater’s play during his media opportunity Friday morning.

“I think Rod’s done a phenomenal job,” Maclin said. “We’ve asked him to play outside, we’ve moved him to the slot and I think he’s a very intelligent guy. He’s picked up on the playbook really well. I think he’s going to help us as well. I think the big thing for him is to keep the pedal to the metal, stay in this playbook, and be able to do everything like they ask him to.”
http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Five-Observations-from-Friday’s-Practice/b8cc2356-d215-4b3b-90ae-0e7e84c7cfe1?sf32664019=1&sf32668372=1

- The 9ers could have gone in a lot of directions with FAs post cuts and waivers. But instead they traded for Streater.

To me either Streeter or Patton is staring 120 targets in the face. This team has to throw and McDonald can't do it all, and Smith is going deep a lot. Someone has to emerge. 

“I feel like my biggest strength is that I’m 6-3 and I can play in the slot," Streater said. “I love (the Chiefs’) offense. (Quarterback Alex Smith) gets the ball out fast. I watched (Maclin) over the last year and the other receivers and they get the ball fast. They’re able to make one guy miss and go the distance. It’s really interesting and a great philosophy they have going on there."
Chiefs WR Rod Streater explains 2015 lost season.

It’s easy to forget how well Streater was playing in 2013, his last full season in the NFL. With 60 catches and almost 900 yards receiving, it was a safe assumption that the Raiders would at least make him the number three guy after grabbing Amari Cooper in the draft and Michael Crabtree in free agency this past off-season. It was one of the reasons I though he stood a great chance at being the 2015 C.P.O.Y.; Cooper and Crabtree would conceivably take the pressure off of Streater.
What happened to Rod Streater

Chip wants to prove he knows personnel after PHI. I think Streeter sounds like a great fit and he'll have every opportunity to produce. He's free now.

It may not be after week one but I have a feeling he'll be the top waiver pickup some week early in the season. 

With Rogers, Smelter, and Ellington all on some version of IR, and Torrey Smith a deep threat, there's a 100 targets sitting there for someone. 

Streater might take a couple weeks, but send worth a WR 5 or 6 spot to me.
Good point. They'll be awful but SOMEBODY will catch some passes. Streater, Patton, or Kerley looking to be the possible default option.

To me either Streeter or Patton is staring 120 targets in the face. This team has to throw and McDonald can't do it all, and Smith is going deep a lot. Someone has to emerge. 
Maybe people should stop thinking in terms of Matthews and Ertz, and start thinking in terms of Desean Jackson and Maclin. I know it's fairly heresy to mention these guys in the same breath but I'm just talking roles. TSmith as DJax & Patton &/or Streater as Maclin. And Streater did just spend a whole offseason working with Maclin in KC.

The numbers are:

- 200 targets gone from SF between Boldin, Davis, Ellington and Simpson.

- Matthews with 2015 Philly had 920 snaps as lead WR to TSmith's 780.

- In a down year with mediocre quarterbacking Philly was still no. 2 in number of team plays with 1102 while SF was 29th with 969.

- Philly had 10 legitimate options with 25 or more targets: Matthews, Ertz, Murray, Sproles, Mathews, Agholor, Huff, Cooper, Austin, BCelek, -  SF might have 7?: TSmith, McDonald, GCelek, Patton, Streater, Hyde, Draughns - Sounds like more targets for fewer players.

I'm not saying Streater is the beneficiary, but someone is going to have a decent receiving season, maybe a couple someones.

Maybe people should stop thinking in terms of Matthews and Ertz, and start thinking in terms of Desean Jackson and Maclin. I know it's fairly heresy to mention these guys in the same breath but I'm just talking roles. TSmith as DJax & Patton &/or Streater as Maclin. And Streater did just spend a whole offseason working with Maclin in KC.

The numbers are:

- 200 targets gone from SF between Boldin, Davis, Ellington and Simpson.

- Matthews with 2015 Philly had 920 snaps as lead WR to TSmith's 780.

- In a down year with mediocre quarterbacking Philly was still no. 2 in number of team plays with 1102 while SF was 29th with 969.

- Philly had 10 legitimate options with 25 or more targets: Matthews, Ertz, Murray, Sproles, Mathews, Agholor, Huff, Cooper, Austin, BCelek, -  SF might have 7?: TSmith, McDonald, GCelek, Patton, Streater, Hyde, Draughns - Sounds like more targets for fewer players.

I'm not saying Streater is the beneficiary, but someone is going to have a decent receiving season, maybe a couple someones.
This is the crux of it all - someone's gonna catch a lot of passes there.  Torrey Smith may be the number 1 and he's probably in that DJax role like you said, but he's not a guy that wins on short and intermediate routes all the time - feels like someone else is going to emerge there.  McDonald probably leads the team in targets if he stays healthy and doesn't drop everything.  That said, there's still a lot of targets available on a team that's going to run a lot of plays (because Kelly plays fast) and is going to be trailing a lot (cause they're pretty terrible).  Streater or Patton or both are going to have solid seasons.

Rod Streater believes he's a good fit for the 49ers' offense.

"It’s a little more up-tempo," said Streater. "It's all really good offense. I feel like I fit here." Streater arrived in a trade from Kansas City last weekend. Injuries have limited Streater to just four games over his last two seasons. Game flow could force the Niners to pass late in games, though it's unlikely Streater will be much of a fantasy factor.

Source: CSN Bay Area 
Sep 8 - 2:49 PM

Browns placed WR Rod Streater on injured reserve with a neck injury, ending his season.

Scarily, Streater has a broken bone in his neck. He does not require surgery, and the Browns expect a full recovery. Streater is not an impact player, but the Browns' receiver corps has been made laughably thin by injuries and trade. Any loss is a big loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread