What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rod Streater (1 Viewer)

In a recent press conference from Pryor he said the reason why him and and Streater have such a good connection is because when Pryor is moving out of the pocket Streater has an instinctive way of followiing Pryor and finding a spot to get open.

In a recent press conference from Pryor he said the reason why him and and Streater have such a good connection is because when Pryor is moving out of the pocket Streater has an instinctive way of followiing Pryor and finding a spot to get open.
There you go.

Streater was a big waiver wire pickup in week 2 of 2012 as well, 2nd time's a charm?
I watched the Colts game again and Streater does a great job of getting open after Pryor runs out of the pocket. I feel Pryor is going to be very inconsistent passing but Streater could be a big beneficiary in this offense since he can bail him out. I don't see him having a lot of huge games, but he's a safe WR3 with WR2 upside. I expect Moore to lead the team in TD's since his quickness is a good match for Pryor who likes to get rid of the ball quickly, but 80 catches for Streater isn't unreasonable.
Grabbed him in the FFPC tonight off waivers, was mildly shocked he was available but then again I myself passed on him 20x in the draft. I wanted someone to flex, he is gonna be up n down but he seems to grasp the offense and I think Pryor has good chemistry with him, also watching off NFLR.

Streater is going to be Plunkett's first read whenever Barnwell is double covered, and we know he's going to run tons of deep routes to open up the field for Marcus Allen. Big fan.

What's his value if Pryor is hurt or benched? Do we like him better than the Hartlines or waiver wire guys like Marlon Brown of the world?

What's his value if Pryor is hurt or benched? Do we like him better than the Hartlines or waiver wire guys like Marlon Brown of the world?
I picked up Marlon Brown this week instead of Streater. Already have Roberts and Stills on my roster who I also prefer to Streater. If I didnt lose Vereen, Id probably consider dropping Hillman for Streater but now he's my RB4.

Hillman sucks, I'd drop him like a bad habit. no upside in a COP 3rd down back that looks like a stiff wind could blow him over. Streater surprisingly highly ranked this week and even in the top 200 going forward. Don't overpay next week when you can still scoop him for free.

Probably not changed that much. As I recall he was also working well with Flynn. From a Rotoworld piece in late July:

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8148/rod-streater
Rod Streater has been the Raiders' "most consistent" receiver early in camp, and the Oakland Tribune suggests he could "emerge as the go-to" guy for Matt Flynn because of his reliability.
Telling when your go-to receiver might be Rod Streater. Largely a possession guy at slot and Z receiver, Streater caught 39 balls for 584 yards and three TDs as a rookie. Deep threat Denarius Moore is far more talented, but far less consistent. Streater may actually be a superior match for Flynn's noodle arm.

Source: Oakland Tribune Jul 29 - 4:03 PM

FWIW I picked up both Hartline and Streater and I like Streater better for this week, Hartline better for the year. QB inconsistency will be more evident on the Raiders than the Dolphins imo. If DMC does go down at some point, I would take Streater over Hartline with no hesitation. not only will they have to force the ball downfield to stay in games, no DMC means Pryor will run more as well. Scramble plays for Pryor seems to be a boon for Streater stats.

Some of the schtick on this page gonna confuse a lot of people who skip page 1, lol.

Rolling w/ Streater (flex) & Pryor this week w/ JAX flying to the west coast in a 14 team league (over tompkins, mendenhall, & v. brown)

I'm thinking the black hole will be goin' nuts w/ the home opener and a little optimism after they played well on the road last week.

Rolling w/ Streater (flex) & Pryor this week w/ JAX flying to the west coast in a 14 team league (over tompkins, mendenhall, & v. brown)

I'm thinking the black hole will be goin' nuts w/ the home opener and a little optimism after they played well on the road last week.
I had slightly better options this week for my last flex spot. However, I gave Streater some serious consideration for that last flex spot. I think Streater is being seriously undervalued this season because he is on the "Raiders".

Streater is going to help some fantasy teams win a championship this year by being a very nice bye week fill in and/or injury fill in for a fantasy team.

I have been saying all off seaon that Streater is the Raider WR to own. I think he even surpasses Moore this year. Moore will get the occasional eye popping big play but his fantasy scoring will be really great one week and really horrible the next week, whereas I think Streater will be more consisten with his fantasy scoring.

Last edited by a moderator:

I had slightly better options this week for my last flex spot. However, I gave Streater some serious consideration for that last flex spot. I think Streater is being seriously undervalued this season because he is on the "Raiders".

Streater is going to help some fantasy teams win a championship this year by being a very nice bye week fill in and/or injury fill in for a fantasy team.

I have been saying all off seaon that Streater is the Raider WR to own. I think he even surpasses Moore this year. Moore will get the occasional eye popping big play but his fantasy scoring will be really great one week and really horrible the next week, whereas I think Streater will be more consisten with his fantasy scoring.
Would you drop Blackmon for streater in a non-ppr?

Would you drop Blackmon for streater in a non-ppr?
In a perfect world I would not. I think Blackmon is the better physical speciman when it comes down to it. But some things scare me about Blackmon. The first thing that scares me is his suspension from the substance abuse policy. Another is Gabbert. Until they replace Gabbert I think Blackmon will be limited in what he can do. Which if the Jags keep on playing like they did last week Bridgewater may be coming to the Jags.

Towards the end of the season Blackmon was playing really well so hopefully what he was doing towards the end of last season will carry over to this season.

I feel that Streater is a sleeper. Carson Palmer will hook up with Fitzgerald plenty of times, but teams will reall start to try and take hiim away, leaving Streater to find some holes in opposing defenses. he is a good rout runner with solid hand and would be a steal if you can still get him.
Plus, with the rookie Pugh at RT they're going to need to leave Myers in to block more --> more targets for the WRs and more room for Streater to work over the middle. Palmer's going to need a new security blanket.

Always good word on Streater, and now he has a traditional drop back passer in with McGloin.

He had a good game Sunday - 8/6/84/1. Any observations from anyone who has seen a fair bit of him?

Always good word on Streater, and now he has a traditional drop back passer in with McGloin.

He had a good game Sunday - 8/6/84/1. Any observations from anyone who has seen a fair bit of him?
With Moore being dinged up as well, Streater may see more balls being thrown his way. I would also keep a close eye on the TE Rivera and see how is chemestry is with McGloin. McGloin threw a sweet TD to Rivera in the Houston game.

I'm surprised the weekly rankings and top 200 haven't adjusted Streater appropriately. Denarius Moore is all but out this coming Sunday with a shoulder injury, and his QB Matt McGloin is a pocket passer who loves to target Streater. Going forward, I'd expect that chemistry to continue and Streater to dominate McGloin's limited amount of passing attempts. Still I'd already flip flop Streater and Moore's value going forward based on the limited time left in the season. I expected to see that, but I think it's only a matter of time.

The Titans are a tough matchup and I'd gamble on my WR3 elsewhere, but upcoming games against the Cowboys, Jets, and Chargers would not phase me.

Rod Streater has become a nice Flex play since McGloin has become the starter.

Game 1: 8 targets, 6 receptions, 84 yards, 1 TD

Game 2: 9 targets, 5 receptions, 93 yards, 0 TD's

Seriously considering rolling him out this week over Stevie Johnson. Johnson is probably the safer play -- finally healthy, dream match-up vs Atlanta -- but Moore is probably out, Streater is emerging as a solid WR1, and the Cowboys pass D isn't scaring anyone (unless your name happens to rhyme with "Schmictor Fluz").

Is Rod Streater being criminally undervalued? He finished his sophomore season as a top 40 receiver in a really bad offense.

Year 1: 39 rec, 584 yards, 3 TD's.

Year 2: 60 rec, 888 yards, 4 TD's.

His current ADP is WR80 (in both dynasty and redraft). Surely James Jones and Matt Schaub aren't going to affect him that much?

Is Rod Streater being criminally undervalued? He finished his sophomore season as a top 40 receiver in a really bad offense.

His current ADP is WR80 (in both dynasty and redraft). Surely James Jones and Matt Schaub aren't going to affect him that much?
I think so. Matt Shaub is likely an upgrade at QB, so it can only affect him positively and while James Jones is a nice veteran WR, it's debateable at this point who will be the recveiver who sees the most targets. Jones and Streater can be a pretty nice sneaky starting duo.

On the downside you still have Moore around (although he just seems "stuck" on relying on his athleticism and has not improved as an overall WR) and some young guys like Andre Holmes and Brice fighting for snaps.

I think so. Matt Shaub is likely an upgrade at QB, so it can only affect him positively and while James Jones is a nice veteran WR, it's debateable at this point who will be the recveiver who sees the most targets. Jones and Streater can be a pretty nice sneaky starting duo.

On the downside you still have Moore around (although he just seems "stuck" on relying on his athleticism and has not improved as an overall WR) and some young guys like Andre Holmes and Brice fighting for snaps.
I like Streater as a player and kept eyeballing him in the late rounds of the PDSL and SSL drafts, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Schaub is most likely shell shocked. There's an article in the Schaub thread that should scare you off of him. And even if Schaub was any good this year, there's just too much competition for targets. Jones will be starting and Moore will give Streater a run for his money as the WR2. Holmes and Criner are no slouches, either. The loss of Veldheer is the last nail in the coffin. I think the soonest Streater has value is 2015, but more likely 2016.

I like Streater as a player and kept eyeballing him in the late rounds of the PDSL and SSL drafts, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Schaub is most likely shell shocked. There's an article in the Schaub thread that should scare you off of him. And even if Schaub was any good this year, there's just too much competition for targets. Jones will be starting and Moore will give Streater a run for his money as the WR2. Holmes and Criner are no slouches, either. The loss of Veldheer is the last nail in the coffin. I think the soonest Streater has value is 2015, but more likely 2016.
I think Streater is better than all of those guys - but your points are valid. At best he's probably and inconsistent boom/bust form week to week player anyway.

I wouldn't buy Streater anywhere unless it was at a very cheap price.

But I do see some value in best ball formats, so I took him as my WR5 in the 13th in SSL2 over the 3rd tier rookies and Kerley.

Streater is likely going to get a boost in production from a new stable QB situation with Matt Schaub. I disagree with the reports that Schaub is shellshocked. I'm also not going to oversell him at this point in his career. He's not as bad as some people want to paint him, and he's not a top 10 QB like his head coach Dennis Allen said in a recent presser. Don't underestimate or undervalue the implied stablity to Streater's fantasy value. Carr and McGloin aren't going to be challenging for a starter spot unless there's an injury to Schaub.

Streater is the Raiders #1 WR, with Jones and Moore in the mix constantly but Streater will be on the field the most. If you look past his UDFA background, he's come a long way and from what I read he's a tireless worker, always looking to improve. A stable QB situation will increase his floor, but maybe not his ceiling in fantasy. Still, a guy you won't mind keeping on your fantasy rosters as a 5th or 6th WR bye week filler. Should offer consistent production in 2014. This year I'm buying, late of course. Incrementally more valuable this year than last.

NYJ said:

He was offered to me for a 2015 3rd in a QB flex. Jumped all over it. He has the perfect profile for the 3rd year breakout.

Dr. Octopus said:
FF Ninja said:
Dr. Octopus said:
NYJ said:

I think Streater is better than all of those guys - but your points are valid. At best he's probably and inconsistent boom/bust form week to week player anyway.
Oh, I agree. I think he's better than those guys, too. But I'm not all that confident that I'm right and/or the coaches will agree and/or they'll have a QB who can utilize him.

Dr. Octopus said:
FF Ninja said:
Dr. Octopus said:
NYJ said:

Oh, I agree. I think he's better than those guys, too. But I'm not all that confident that I'm right and/or the coaches will agree and/or they'll have a QB who can utilize him.
FYI, the coaches love Streater. He is exactly the type of player they are looking for. I think Streater is so undervalued right now it's not even funny. Look what he did last year with the likes of Pryor and McGloin throwing too him. In the second half of the season when McGloin took over (an actual QB that knew how to throw the ball) Streater really took off. I think having a stable veteran like Schaub will only increase Streater's value.

Dr. Octopus said:
NYJ said:

I just got him at WR77 in a 16 team draft as my WR6...sick value. In fact, I would be surprised if he did not end up as my WR4. This is the guy who will be Kendall Wright for 2014, someone you draft late, anguish the first few weeks about putting him in, and then laugh at yourself as to why you ever doubted him.

FUBAR said:
FF Ninja said:
Dr. Octopus said:
NYJ said:

I wouldn't buy Streater anywhere unless it was at a very cheap price.

But I do see some value in best ball formats, so I took him as my WR5 in the 13th in SSL2 over the 3rd tier rookies and Kerley.
Yeah, I got him in the 15th in SSL1 as my WR6...I get the best ball format thing (and hey, that is where we got him), but I also think this guy has made chicken salad out of chicken crap, and will do fine if Schaub falters, but if doesn't, Gold, Jerry!

Honestly, I don't watch the Raider's a lot and was thinking that Streater was a guy who would be phased out now that James Jones has been added and I have heard big things about Holmes, plus Moore. But thanks to this thread I looked at his highlights and he looks like a guy who isn't going to disappear. He catchtes with his hands more than his body--good. He has good leaping ability--good. He seems to release off the line well and get decent separation--good. He shows good RAC ability, especially in his second year.

What I can't tell from highlights is how often he drops the ball. But I do see improvement from first to second year and to me he looks like an NFL starter from these tapes.

2012-2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRVJoURKPdo

2013-2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi3mXXdBMak

I like that he improved his second year by a good margin without a big improvement in QB.

Honestly, I don't watch the Raider's a lot and was thinking that Streater was a guy who would be phased out now that James Jones has been added and I have heard big things about Holmes, plus Moore. But thanks to this thread I looked at his highlights and he looks like a guy who isn't going to disappear. He catchtes with his hands more than his body--good. He has good leaping ability--good. He seems to release off the line well and get decent separation--good. He shows good RAC ability, especially in his second year.

What I can't tell from highlights is how often he drops the ball. But I do see improvement from first to second year and to me he looks like an NFL starter from these tapes.

I like that he improved his second year by a good margin without a big improvement in QB.
Regarding the bolded, it's important to note that in fact the QB play took a significant step backward, and he still improved despite it. You have to consider how much more tangible improvement he'd have had if Carson Palmer was still the QB or even wonder how much better he could be under the stable QB situation of a Matt Schaub. Streater is really underrated as a football player.

Regarding the bolded, it's important to note that in fact the QB play took a significant step backward, and he still improved despite it. You have to consider how much more tangible improvement he'd have had if Carson Palmer was still the QB or even wonder how much better he could be under the stable QB situation of a Matt Schaub. Streater is really underrated as a football player.
Raiderfan, I assume you watch the team a lot. What do you say to the people who think Holmes is so much better than Streater? If he is, won't he eclipse Streater, along with Jones? Jones starts for sure this year and next I would assume. And is Moore so hurt and injury prone that he will fade and not be a big competition for targets?

Raiderfan, I assume you watch the team a lot. What do you say to the people who think Holmes is so much better than Streater? If he is, won't he eclipse Streater, along with Jones? Jones starts for sure this year and next I would assume. And is Moore so hurt and injury prone that he will fade and not be a big competition for targets?
Moore is maddeningly inconsistent. He will give you a couple of good games that makes you think he has finally taken the next step and then he will disappear for a few games. He is also inconsistent in his route running which I know frustrated a veteran like Palmer. I think that if the Raiders had drafted a WR early in the 2014 draft like in either round 1 or 2 I think Moore would have been the odd man out and traded.

Streater may not have Moore's athletic ability but he is really consistent and dependable.

Rod Streater, WR, OAK

James Jones looked like a popular fantasy pick after averaging 9.4 fantasy points the first five games, but he's averaged three a game since. Then Andre Holmes averaged 13 a game from Weeks 4 to 8, but has one a game since. Mychal Rivera went from 15 in Week 9 to 12 in Week 10 to just four this week. Basically, the Raiders haven't shown any kind of ability to keep a pass catcher performing. Meanwhile, Rod Streater -- who was the team's best option last year and had a decent start to this season -- has been working out, and is eligible to return from injured reserve in Week 13. He's an interesting sleeper play.

Rotoworld:

CSN Bay Area's Scott Bair observed that Rod Streater appeared to have his explosiveness back during spring practices.

Streater missed all but three games with a broken foot that required surgery last season. He's back to 100 percent and appeared to be leading the way as the No. 3 receiver behind Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree at OTAs and minicamp. Andre Holmes and Kenbrell Thompkins are competing for the No. 4 gig.

Source: CSN Bay Area
Jun 23 - 3:33 PM

49ers acquired WR Rod Streater and an undisclosed draft pick from the Chiefs in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick.

The draft picks being exchanged are certainly late-rounders. Streater got injured in Oakland and disappeared during the 2015 season, losing his No. 3 job to Seth Roberts. He wasn't making much noise in Kansas City, either, but the talentless 49ers are taking a shot after losing slot man Bruce Ellington to I.R. Streater is a candidate to take over the inside job in San Francisco.

Related: Chiefs

For me this was a surprise trade.   Streater had a good training camp.   To me he was the 3rd best WR in KC behind Maclin and Conley.  Is anyone fantasy relevant in SF outside of Hyde? 

DukeBroadway said:
For me this was a surprise trade.   Streater had a good training camp.   To me he was the 3rd best WR in KC behind Maclin and Conley.  Is anyone fantasy relevant in SF outside of Hyde? 
McDonald is a rosterable TE, if not a low TE1.

Gabbert is rosterable as a reserve in deep or 2QB leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread