What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ricky Seals-Jones (3 Viewers)

Ricky Seals-Jones caught two or four targets for 19 yards in Washington's Week 4 win against the Falcons. 

Seals-Jones operated as the Football Team's No. 1 tight end after Logan Thomas left the game in the first quarter with a hamstring injury. Seals-Jones, who caught a touchdown in Week 2 against the Giants, shapes up as a passable streaming option if Thomas is sidelined for Week 5 against the Saints.

Trying to decide between RSJ and Dan Arnold, who seems to be upticking in Jacksonville as Lawrence gets more comfortable plus needs a safety valve option. As I have Gibson, always good to not have more than one player in low efficiency offenses, but does the lack of other receiver options (plus playing KC where they will likely need to throw) supercede the multiple players on one team?

Starting him in 2 leagues, seemed to be involved enough last week, hoping it continues. This season has been a bloodbath for me at TE. 

Trying to decide between RSJ and Dan Arnold, who seems to be upticking in Jacksonville as Lawrence gets more comfortable plus needs a safety valve option. As I have Gibson, always good to not have more than one player in low efficiency offenses, but does the lack of other receiver options (plus playing KC where they will likely need to throw) supercede the multiple players on one team?
I don’t typically like playing the matchup game, but this seems like one of those cases. As bad as the WFT defense is playing and up against the Chiefs, one has to imagine Heinicke will be chucking it plenty. Arnold is indeed emerging as a safety valve, but Trevor still has Jones and Laviska. And this could conceivably be an ugly low scoring affair.

Picked him up a couple weeks ago, my TE situation in that league is horrible. Now trying to decide between starting him or Schultz. Leaning  Ricky. 

Lost Kittle and Logan Thomas. Picked him up as a desperate play (16 team league) and he came through. Will be starting him until one of my guys comes back

Ricky Seals-Jones caught 4-of-6 targets for 58 yards and a touchdown in the Football Team's Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. 

Seals-Jones [Pretty Ricky is what they call him...] was once again a secondary target behind only Terry McLaurin as Logan Thomas (hamstring) missed another game. He got behind the horrific KC secondary in the second half and brought in a 39-yard catch-and-run touchdown, the same way Dawson Knox burned the Chiefs in Week 5. Seals-Jones should be considered a borderline starter in 12-team formats next week against the Packers. He has 14 targets in two starts this season. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Ricky Seals-Jones (hip) won't play in Week 11 against the Panthers.

It's unclear whether Logan Thomas (hamstring) will be back to take his place. A DFS cash game darling at the stone minimum, John Bates (Washington's current inline blocking TE) will step in for RSJ as the primary option over Sammis Reyes if Thomas is eventually ruled out again.

SOURCE: John Keim on Twitter

Nov 19, 2021, 2:30 PM ET

He's active tonight....but how active will he be? 

Eagles are the leagues worst against TE's. 

Safety valve for Gilbert?

I'm firing him up. Anybody else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Giants signed TE Ricky Seals-Jones, formerly of the Commanders, to an undisclosed contract. 

"The opportunity to play a big role gets him to jump from Washington to New York," Giants beat Jordan Raanan notes. With Kyle Rudolph released and Evan Engram signing with Jacksonville, the Giants tight end depth chart currently has Jake Hausmann, Chris Myarick, and Rysen John on it. Put in that light, Seals-Jones sure seems like an upgrade. Seals-Jones had a brush with fantasy relevance last year with 41 or more yards in Weeks 5-7 with many Football Team receivers hurt or sidelined. He'll likely be in the same sort of fantasy situation this year.

- Jordan Raanan, Twitter
Big upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread