What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rex Grossman: week 15 vs NYG why no love? (1 Viewer)

The Giants D is playing like ###. The last qbs against em have put up 32, 36, 41 pts Even guys like vince young and alex smith put up near 20 pts ( 18 and 19), Rex himself put up 20 pts week one?

This game looks to be a shootout and the Gmen can't cover anyone. People are roamng free for 50 yd + scores left and right.

and yet all FBG rankings have sexy rexy below QB 25? What gives?

(all 'standard' fbg scoring)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Giants D is playing like ###. The last qbs against em have put up 32, 36, 41 pts Even guys like vince young and alex smith put up near 20 pts ( 18 and 19), Rex himself put up 20 pts week one?This game looks to be a shootout and the Gmen can't cover anyone. People are roamng free for 50 yd + scores left and right.and yet all FBG rankings have sexy rexy below QB 25? What gives?(all 'standard' fbg scoring)
I would agree that his ranking is too low. I'll probably be forced to start him unless Roethlisberger is a definite go, but there are certainly worse spots to be in. Several blown coverages for NYG over the last few weeks, especially...

The Giants D is playing like ###. The last qbs against em have put up 32, 36, 41 pts Even guys like vince young and alex smith put up near 20 pts ( 18 and 19), Rex himself put up 20 pts week one?This game looks to be a shootout and the Gmen can't cover anyone. People are roamng free for 50 yd + scores left and right.and yet all FBG rankings have sexy rexy below QB 25? What gives?(all 'standard' fbg scoring)
I would agree that his ranking is too low. I'll probably be forced to start him unless Roethlisberger is a definite go, but there are certainly worse spots to be in. Several blown coverages for NYG over the last few weeks, especially...
Schaub out,then Ben hurt have forced me to Grossman :wall: Even if he throws a few picks, he can get 300+ yds on the G men. I think 2tds as well.

Well, Grossman did go 21/34 for 2 TD in week 1 against the G Men. The problem is that Trent Williams and Fred Davis are both on suspension now. I can't imagine Grossman will have much time to get the ball out. I could easily see him 15/30 for 225, 1 TD/2 INTs.

The Giants D is playing like ###. The last qbs against em have put up 32, 36, 41 pts(all 'standard' fbg scoring)
Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Tony Romo.The Skins have a patchwork O-line and right now Jason Pierre Paul makes every offensive linemen his personal turnstile. Grossman gets hit hard and early.

Because it's Rex GrossmanYou must be really desperate to starting him in your playoff game

Because it's Rex GrossmanYou must be really desperate to starting him in your playoff game
:bag: with Roth questionable and a Monday game I have picked up Rex and will probably have to choose between rex or Palmer. At least this is espn league so championship is combined points over the next two weeks.

The Giants D is playing like ###. The last qbs against em have put up 32, 36, 41 pts(all 'standard' fbg scoring)
Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Tony Romo.The Skins have a patchwork O-line and right now Jason Pierre Paul makes every offensive linemen his personal turnstile. Grossman gets hit hard and early.
If you watched the last three games you'd know that much of that was due to blown coverage and not 'pinpoint/elite accuracy etc). Grossman dumps off a lot to helu, but also will throw it deep. I think 300 3 tds 2 ints is a pretty likely day? :shrug:

:bag: with Roth questionable and a Monday game I have picked up Rex and will probably have to choose between rex or Palmer. At least this is espn league so championship is combined points over the next two weeks.
I am in the same exact spot. Ben too risky with a Monday night GTD, stuck to decide between Rex and Carson. Ugggh. Let me know what you decide.

from cbs

Rex Grossman, QB WAS

News: Washington QB Rex Grossman has a lot of things in his favor for Week 15 at the Giants. In four career starts against the Giants, Grossman has gone 90 of 154 for 1,183 yards with eight touchdowns and just two interceptions for a quarterback rating of 94.7. Grossman is looking for his fourth straight game against the Giants with at least 295 passing yards. Plus, the Giants are allowing the third-most Fantasy points per game to opposing quarterbacks this season. Only the Packers and Patriots are allowing more.

Analysis: Grossman faced the Patriots last week and had a solid performance as he went 19 of 32 for 252 yards with two touchdowns and a pick. Grossman could turn the ball over plenty against the Giants, but should also be able to rack up plenty of yards and a couple TDs or more. The Redskins will be throwing the ball early and often Week 15 and that bodes well for some Fantasy points from Grossman. Tony Romo and Aaron Rodgers have tossed eight touchdowns against the Giants in the last two weeks alone. Grossman should be considered a low-end No. 1 Fantasy QB for Week 15.

I am in the same exact spot. Ben too risky with a Monday night GTD, stuck to decide between Rex and Carson. Ugggh. Let me know what you decide.
Was going to drop Palmer and pickup Dalton.. Only to see someone beat me to FA list this morning :kicksrock:I just don't trust Palmer enough right now to use him in week one of the Championship.Now considering even something more drastic.. Ponder vs. the 30th ranked Saints Defense.... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot--it's not him I'm considering starting....It's Moss over Dez.

I am hoping to put myself in the same position. Dropping Fitzpatrick for Grossman today. With Ben on the pine, I have to decide between Palmer and Grossman. Hurt WR's and Lions pash rush have me very worried about an down showing by Palmer. I think I am gonna ride Grossman.

Was going to drop Palmer and pickup Dalton.. Only to see someone beat me to FA list this morning :kicksrock:I just don't trust Palmer enough right now to use him in week one of the Championship.Now considering even something more drastic.. Ponder vs. the 30th ranked Saints Defense.... :eek:
I have the same option in one league (roth/ponder/grossman. fwiw my other is rex/vick)I just worry about the injuries with Vick and Ponder, as they derive a lot of their value from their legs. With the dings they have it seems the coaches are keeping them out of harms way by restricting their freedom to run. With ponder I also worry about how effective Webb was, as Frazier won't hesitate to throw in Joe Webb and crush your FF playoff dreams.Just watched the replay of the cowboys/packers game. That pass rush is a shadow of it's former self. That is allowing guys to roam freely in the secondary. I am leaning grossman on all these fronts.

Would you play Grossman over Locker if Locker's playing? Locker faces Indy on Saturday.

Yep, I'm a Big Ben owner as well...I was planning on playing Locker over Grossman if he did play.

'mistersmith said:
Would you play Grossman over Locker if Locker's playing? Locker faces Indy on Saturday.Yep, I'm a Big Ben owner as well...I was planning on playing Locker over Grossman if he did play.
same boat here! injuries all over the place left me with grossman, cutler, t- jax and locker. for now it's grossman (who did okay last week) but i will probably go with locker if he starts and pray that CJ catches some screens, but doesn't run wild...

Tony Romo and Aaron Rodgers have tossed eight touchdowns against the Giants in the last two weeks alone. Grossman should be considered a low-end No. 1 Fantasy QB for Week 15.
My question is just who's he going to throw those to?

Tony Romo and Aaron Rodgers have tossed eight touchdowns against the Giants in the last two weeks alone. Grossman should be considered a low-end No. 1 Fantasy QB for Week 15.
My question is just who's he going to throw those to?
Anthony armstrong (similar to laurent robinson in a lot of ways), jabar gaffney, santana moss, roy helu, Hell he thewa td to some dude named anderson iirc the other day?

Users who are viewing this thread