What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Report: Omicron is much more contagious - Discussion on severity (2 Viewers)

For the record, the CDC does not recommend waiting 3 months after contracting covid-19 to get boosted. You can get it as soon as you’ve recovered from infection.

You do need to wait 60 days after your most recent SARS-CoV-2 vaccine though.

Why the difference? Natural immunity is less predictable than vaccination.
The White House has put something similar out as well. Biden is going to wait on the booster because he has recently recovered from Covid. So again, the messaging is all over the place.
I know the laypress has promoted that idea, but nothing in the official guidelines suggests waiting.
The CDC guidelines say it's ok to delay up to 3 months.

In addition, people who recently had SARS-CoV-2 infection may consider delaying a primary series dose or booster dose by 3 months from symptom onset or positive test (if infection was asymptomatic). Studies have shown that increased time between infection and vaccination may result in an improved immune response to vaccination. Also, a low risk of reinfection has been observed in the weeks to months following infection. Individual factors such as risk of COVID-19 severe disease, COVID-19 community level, or characteristics of the predominant SARS-CoV-2 strain should be taken into account when determining whether to delay getting a COVID-19 vaccination after infection.

May consider is not the same as recommending it, as suggested by Bourla and people in threads like this. The CDC doesn’t even factor prior infection into its Find out when to get a booster tool.
Would you recommend getting this at the same time as a flu shot for a 87-YO?
If I were an 87-year old, I’d get all my vaccines as soon as I could.

While they’re safe to get simultaneously, some people space them out a bit to avoid stacking vaccine side effects. So if (s)he had a hard time with either shot previously, some time between them may lessen the pain. But immunologically, it’s fine to get both shots the same day.

I received the flu shot a few days before the bivalent booster, in part because I was working and didn’t want to miss any time due to the booster‘s side effects. As it turned out, I tolerated both shots with hardly any symptoms.
I got the flu shot and the booster about 2 minutes apart. No side effects whatsoever with me.

Brian Kilmeade had a major collision with John Kirby over the U.S. military’s recruitment shortages, which the Fox News host blamed on policies requiring service members to be vaccinated for Covid.

The National Security Council Coordinator for Strategic Communications appeared on Fox & Friends on Tuesday, where Kilmeade noted that President Joe Biden recently said that the coronavirus crisis is “over.” As Kilmeade ran through the stats of how many U.S. military members remain unvaccinated, he told Kirby, “you, as an admiral who knows what it takes and the sacrifice you make to join the military, to get kicked out like this, can you possibly talk some sense into this White House to reverse policy?”

Kirby defended the mandate as “a valid health requirement,” explaining “you want your troops to be ready, and part of being ready is being healthy and not having the ability to infect your unit and make their unit readiness any worse than it is.” He punctuated this by saying he is currently dealing with his own Covid case. Still, Kilmeade — who has fueled vaccine hesitancy and cast doubt on inoculations in the past — continued his retort.

“We all know that this vaccine does not address any of the variants we are currently experiencing,” Kilmeade claimed. “So, therefore, this minimal positive to get it now, which is why you don’t talk about it. To invest in our people and train them and then dismiss them for an experimental vaccine is folly when you can’t recruit. Every one of your branches can’t recruit their threshold, yet you are kicking out good men and women. How do you explain that?”

Kirby acknowledged that the army has tough recruitment standards, but he maintained his insistence that “you have a requirement to be healthy to be able to serve. And this is a valid military requirement.”

“You really think so?” Kilmeade scoffed.

“And, look, even if it doesn’t prevent you from getting Covid — I’m double boosted I got it myself here…” Kirby went on.

“That’s your decision,” Kilmeade interjected again as Kirby explained that a vaccine “makes the symptoms a lot less severe; it gets you back on duty.”

“So it’s worth kicking out the healthiest people in our country who are already sacrificing? It’s worth kicking them out?”

“We would rather not lose anybody from a retention perspective to have them leave the service earlier than they wanted or we wanted them to,” Kirby said. “But it’s a valid military requirement.”

“No, it isn’t,” Kilmeade scoffed. “This is an experimental vaccine that just came off the shelf. I know it’s not valid, and it’s risking our national security.”

Kirby continued his defense of vaccines as “a valid health requirement,” pointed out the multitude of vaccines that service members are required to get, and “health is central to our readiness as a military unit, and it’s not just about you.”

Kirby... Look, you need to be vaccinated so you don't spread covid to your unit. I'm double boosted myself and it didn't prevent me from getting covid or spreading it.

also... lol on the Army's tough recruiting standards. The standards are the lowest they've been since I was eligible to join.

-Worst one yet.
-Only thing that helps is the new boosters.
-We will need new boosters every 6 months.

Last edited:
still trying to figure out why tens of thousands of unvaxxed people aren't still dying everyday

we still have covid - its not over like Joe said

btw

1,052,823 deaths and counting for the POTUS who said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce9_pVL37nw

watch that ..... Biden has crushed the numbers he bashed Trump on ...........

Biden promised a plan, masks, testing, .. if Trump's actions were tragic, Biden's were more bigly tragic-er

Highlights *Across 31 systematically identified national seroprevalence studies in the pre-vaccination era, the median infection fatality rate of COVID-19 was estimated to be 0.035% for people aged 0-59 years people and 0.095% for those aged 0-69 years.

*The median IFR was 0.0003% at 0-19 years, 0.003% at 20-29 years, 0.011% at 30-39 years, 0.035% at 40-49 years, 0.129% at 50-59 years, and 0.501% at 60-69 years.

*At a global level, pre-vaccination IFR may have been as low as 0.03% and 0.07% for 0-59 and 0-69 year old people, respectively.

*These IFR estimates in non-elderly populations are lower than previous calculations had suggested.

Highlights *Across 31 systematically identified national seroprevalence studies in the pre-vaccination era, the median infection fatality rate of COVID-19 was estimated to be 0.035% for people aged 0-59 years people and 0.095% for those aged 0-69 years.

*The median IFR was 0.0003% at 0-19 years, 0.003% at 20-29 years, 0.011% at 30-39 years, 0.035% at 40-49 years, 0.129% at 50-59 years, and 0.501% at 60-69 years.

*At a global level, pre-vaccination IFR may have been as low as 0.03% and 0.07% for 0-59 and 0-69 year old people, respectively.

*These IFR estimates in non-elderly populations are lower than previous calculations had suggested.

what are you getting at ?

what are you getting at ?
Those IFR's are miniscule. Far lower than what has been talked about throughout the past couple years. This is a pre-print, but those numbers support the notion that everything in the past 2.5 years was a severe over-reaction and/or that measures taken to slow spread were completely not worth it on a risk/reward basis.

-Worst one yet.
Dont they all beat our immunity?

The good news is that the new “bivalent” vaccine boosters from Pfizer and Moderna seem to work just fine against XBB, even though the original vaccines are less effective against XBB.

Sure they do.

-Worst one yet.
Dont they all beat our immunity?
Yes, because that was never the goal of "vaccine". Everyone was misled from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread