What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB/WR Cordarrelle Patterson, PIT (1 Viewer)

He started with Philly and Bucs Def...they could be two of the best Defensive fronts out there.

I might need to figure out how to go get this guy. He looks pretty sturdy AND quick and we know he has good hands.

Opportunity meeting skill.

Took this from SP MVP Faust's post in the Mike Davis thread...

MIKE DAVIS RB, ATLANTA FALCONS

AtlantaFalcons.com's Scott Bair said the Falcons' backfield could be a "60-40 split" for the rest of the season. 

Bair suggested head coach Arthur Smith could deploy a "hot hand" approach with Davis and Patterson after Patterson -- a wideout by trade -- has proven more effective than Davis as a rusher through two games. Davis leads Atlanta with a 31 percent opportunity share (targets plus rushing attempts) while Patterson is second with 19 percent. Those rates could even out in the coming weeks if Patterson continues to impress. He'll be a reasonable flex option in 12-team leagues this week against the Giants. 

RELATED: 

Cordarrelle Patterson

SOURCE: AtlantaFalcons.com 

Sep 24, 2021, 12:17 PM ET

:thumbup: :popcorn: :hifive: :pickle: :thumbup: :banned: :clap: :headbang: :grad: :whistle: :excited: :boxing: :ph34r:

Very tempted to start him in my flex. He's always been an explosive playmaker but never quite fit in any role. It's hard to ignore the production so far. With as barren as the RB landscape is in our league, I was shocked no one claimed him before me this week...

Very tempted to start him in my flex. He's always been an explosive playmaker but never quite fit in any role. It's hard to ignore the production so far. With as barren as the RB landscape is in our league, I was shocked no one claimed him before me this week...
Just traded away CEH and Drake with hopes of calling up Patterson into my flex....could be the real deal....finally.

He may end up as my replacement to Robby Anderson to be my WR 3 til Michael Thomas can come back.  Already have a share of him in one league as my RB 5 (well, 4 while Sermon is not doing anything due to benching and now the concussion).

I have to admit, the first few frames of that video I though you were trolling us because it looked like a Madden video...lol.  Thanks for this though, love these videos...

And he returns kicks....bonus potential for TD,  love it
Well he'll do kickoffs. For whatever reason he's never been a punt returner. I'm also in a return yardage league, so that'll depend whether Gano boots it out of the endzone or not. Still, seems McKissic had success last week out of the backfield as a pass-catcher vs. the Giants, so I'm considering that aspect.

Having a really tough time deciding between him and Javonte Williams. Glad I have options.

Trying to get an idea of what he is…is this a flash in the pan for a few weeks?  Or a sustainable role with flex-play potential week to week?

Trying to get an idea of what he is…is this a flash in the pan for a few weeks?  Or a sustainable role with flex-play potential week to week?
I'm unsure as well. He's looked really good, obviously, through the first two weeks. Personally I'm not sure his value will look much better than now. Doubt he's a bellcow RB all of a sudden, but Arthur Smith might've found a perfect role for him. Still, I'm trying to sell coming off a 2 TD game. We're also a return yardage league, and he's arguably the greatest kickoff returner ever. Yet more kickoffs than ever are touchbacks, and he's never been a punt returner.

I'm testing his value now, trying to package him with Claypool to a RB needy team (he's listed as a RB only in our league). Thinking my best use for him might be to look for a WR upgrade by pairing him with a guy like Claypool. If he's a WR in your league, however, I'm not sure he'd hold that kind of appeal as trade bait.

Patterson looks great. Happy for him and I hope he can keep it up.

He had some nice runs  getting yards after contact too. He does seem to have improved that part of his game.

I dont blame anyone looking to sell as he has been pretty inconsistent over his career so far, but what he has done in those clips seems sustainable if they keep giving him opportunities.

We'll bump him up today to see what happens.

Legit playmaker on a mediocre squad getting lots of opportunities.

or

Same old Cordarelle - great KO return who gets lucky on O once in a while

I'm rolling out the following name brand disappointments this week and I'll probably regret not getting him in there.

J Taylor

AJ Brown

D Swift

None of the projections will risk bumping him - but he sure does not look more like a solid play rather than a sleeper.

Guys. He is a gadget guy that plays special teams. There really isn’t more to see about it. His entire career tells the story.

Guys. He is a gadget guy that plays special teams. There really isn’t more to see about it. His entire career tells the story.
Maybe, but with the current utilization I think he can continue to perform and have some upside with TDs. If your league counts kick return yardage he may end up a top 15-20 RB this year.

Maybe, but with the current utilization I think he can continue to perform and have some upside with TDs. If your league counts kick return yardage he may end up a top 15-20 RB this year.
Mine does count them. I understand if you are in trouble and need to plug in a player, don’t get me wrong. He won’t carry your team is what I am saying.

He's also been an explosive playmaker his whole career who never had anyone find a consistent role for him. Maybe Arthur Smith has done that, and maybe the Falcons are bad enough that the negative game scripts play in his favor. It's hard to ignore the first two weeks production.

He's my #2 WR right now with Jeudy & Diontae out. Don't expect much but his usage last week was encouraging. 

Cordarrelle Patterson rushed seven times for 20 yards in the Falcons' Week 3 win over the Giants, adding 6 receptions for 82 additional yards.

Patterson had a key 28 yard screen reception that helped set up the Falcons for their game winning field goal. Patterson wasn't effective as a rusher but he was a bright spot in a receiving game that was stagnant for much of the game. He'll be in the RB2 mix for running back needy teams against the Saints in Week 4.

Yeah, he's really helping me in a 2nd flex position on one team.  He scored as much as my #1 WR today (Theilen).  I don't expect it to last all season, but I'll ride it as long as I can.

Why do they keep quoting him as a RB? MFL lists him as a WR. Do other sites list as a RB?
Because he doesn't line up as a WR. He's getting receptions lining up as a RB and motioning out wide usually on screens.

Honestly with the injuries the WRs are dealing with he probably should see some snaps at WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
CP84 Week 3 vs. Giants

Notice how regularly he makes the first guy miss. 2nd Qtr run at 7:28 is a thing of beauty. Shows CP84's growth and vision as a true RB. 4th Qtr reception at 10:23 was game-breaking - that stiff arm changed the entire complexion of this game, and gave the Falcons the energy that propelled them to victory.

For the third week in a row, Patterson was the team MVP, despire being criminally underutilized. Sooner or later, this Falcons coaching staff is going to figure out what they have in their hands and his ceiling as a dual-threat RB is going to explode.

It's too late to grab him for free. But it isn't too late to buy low.  :ph34r:

BTW, through three weeks, in 0.5 PPR (w/1 pt per 20 return yards), CP84 is currently:

WR #16 AND RB #9  :eek:

(Pending MNF)

This is with 33% of snaps weeks 1-2 and 42% yesterday. Targets + Rushes each week = 9, 14, 14. Fantasy scores = 9, 23, 15. Cannot wait to see what this dude will do if he can manage to ascend to 60%+ of snaps and commensurate target/rush share.

:boxing:

BTW, through three weeks, in 0.5 PPR (w/1 pt per 20 return yards), CP84 is currently:

WR #16 AND RB #9  :eek:

(Pending MNF)

This is with 33% of snaps weeks 1-2 and 42% yesterday. Targets + Rushes each week = 9, 14, 14. Fantasy scores = 9, 23, 15. Cannot wait to see what this dude will do if he can manage to ascend to 60%+ of snaps and commensurate target/rush share.

:boxing:
I was going to trade him but I think he might be more useful in my flex each week. I'd have to get a top-flight WR for him now. Seems to add so much value to him being listed at RB in our league. 

Think this guy is my new RB2.....  seems like he has the floor of a low end WR2 plus the bonus of getting carries.

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/cordarrelle-pattersons-effectiveness-out-of-the-falcons-backfield-has-been-critical-to-success/

0.5 PPR (w/1 pt per 20 return yards), CP84 is currently: WR #16 AND RB #9

This on middling YTD utilization - snaps: 36%, rushes: 31%, targets: 13%. Bump these figures a bit as the season goes on and he might be your RB1.  :ph34r:

he's a here-to-stay player. especially with fantasy leagues not having rules in place to deal with the hybrid guy who does RB duties as a WR. it's like speaking Chinese in Russian. he gets WR rushing stats as a traditional RB. it's amazing . but a good play going forward

If there were a draft tomorrow where would this guy go? Around pick 50? Higher? 

Most of the crowd are still non-believers, but there are at least a few in pockets that would reach in that range or higher for sure. All it takes is one dude who has to have a guy that gets hot and/or hyped and off he goes come draft time. See CeeDee this year and countless names in years past. That said, I wouldn't think of that as consensus valuation at all, but rather the extremes associated with such polarizing situations.

Cut that Williams guy in Baltimore on Thursday and was surprised to get this guy off of waivers in my 10 teamer. I thought about waiting, just to see if Williams might bounce back this week but glad I didn't. Would never have gotten him this coming waiver run after today, wish I had the foresight/cojones to start him this week!

Kudos to you guys who were on the train early. That's remarkable. I got offered him in a trade in the offseason and thought to myself that this guy doesn't even make dynasty rankings and ratings they bother with him so little.

What a turnaround!

Users who are viewing this thread