What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB JaMycal Hasty, Jacksonville (3 Viewers)

We can all get pissed and it does not look good heading into the 2nd half down big but in most cases Hasty looked like the right call. 

So..I'm guessing the SF RB starter in 2021 will be Mostert?  and then in 2022-then what, not on the roster yet?
I don't know how they count on Mostert with his injury history. I think it will be a group effort, Shanny System > RB flavor of the week.

I think they draft somebody with some draft capital.  Running backs are so integral to his system that you need really good ones, though he and his father spent a career shining unpolished gems. 

I hate this year for FF. Hate it. Can not make the right decision.  At. All.  
I'm only in 2 dynasties but feel my over indulgence in FF research has lead to an advantage. Injuries have killed me but being ahead of the curve has kept me in the game and feel confident I will win in the end. 

JaMycal Hasty rushed four times for three yards in the 49ers' Week 9 loss to the Packers, adding two receptions for 10 yards. 

With the 49ers falling behind 21-3 before halftime, Hasty ended up being de-emphasized in favor of Jerick McKinnon, who was operating as the lead back even when the game was theoretically in doubt. Hasty had been pegged as "likely" to lead this evening's backfield by the local media, but instead it was another tease for a player who can't quite get there despite all the injuries around him. Even if Tevin Coleman (knee) remains sidelined for Week 10 against the Saints, it has gotten to the point where Hasty can't be trusted as more than a zero-floor FLEX option. 

Nov 6, 2020, 12:01 AM ET

I'm only in 2 dynasties but feel my over indulgence in FF research has lead to an advantage. Injuries have killed me but being ahead of the curve has kept me in the game and feel confident I will win in the end. 
I've got the same experience.  Haven't had a healthy week yet but my depth has kept me in wins more often then not.

I hate this year for FF. Hate it. Can not make the right decision.  At. All.  
I hear ya. Started Hasty (but also have A-Aron so it balanced out).

Twice this year I've had the second highest scoring team of the week on the week I played the highest scoring team. Just one of those years 🤷‍♂️

JFS171 said:
I wouldn’t describe the Packers run D as “not great” but rather “atrocious.”  

Per the Harris Index, which is a statistically-driven view of how teams have performed vs a certain position (you can read more about it at the link), Green Bay is a flashing green go sign allowing a whopping 9 fantasy points above average to the RB position. That’s worst in football, and as it’s a measure of fantasy points, it includes receptions and rushing and such. 

Hasty’s matchup can’t get any better, in other words, and Shanahan is a scheming genius when it comes to the running game. Mullens actually looked better than JG late in that game last week (maybe JG was already hurting), so despite the injuries and COVID-list, I actually think SF can move the ball, and will likely do so with a heavy dose of Hasty. 

Least competition faced for touches? Check 

Matchup? Check

I’m all-in for this one. Hasty starting in multiple leagues. 
🤕

I did too but rock action thought he knew better.
I never said a thing about starting him or not. I was just tired of your wrong predictions about McKinnon v. Hasty. You were right once out of three times. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. There's not much there there.

Often, yes.  I eat plenty of crow on here. all the time in fact. 
Not trying to start anything with you as we’ve had plenty of interactions and you seem like a good guy.  Just saying the “I told ya so” style posts after the fact with FF player predictions seem kinda weak sauce to me is all.  But I’ll drop it and move on.  

Not trying to start anything with you as we’ve had plenty of interactions and you seem like a good guy.  Just saying the “I told ya so” style posts after the fact with FF player predictions seem kinda weak sauce to me is all.  But I’ll drop it and move on.  
I was saying it tongue in cheek. Didn’t realize it came across like that, so please accept my apologies. 

49ers JaMycal Hasty suffered a broken collar bone against the Saints in Week 10. 

He had three carries for 13 yards before leaving with the collar bone injury. His extended absence could mean a heavy workload for Jerick McKinnon, who had 18 carries in Week 10 against New Orleans. Raheem Mostert (ankle) should eventually return to the lineup and take over as the primary ball carrier. Hasty can be dropped from fantasy rosters over the next week. 

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
49ers placed RB JaMycal Hasty on injured reserve with a broken collarbone. 

This was Hasty's guaranteed destination after he went down in Sunday's game against the Saints. A hyped undrafted free agent on the 49ers' practice squad, Hasty failed to turn in good performances across a number of opportunities in the Niners' injury-decimated backfield. This injury should end Hasty's 2020, making him a no-brainer drop outside of Dynasty leagues. In Dynasty, Hasty is an end-of-bench stash who probably needed to show more with backfield maestro Kyle Shanahan to be a truly exciting multi-year prospect. 

Nov 17, 2020, 4:23 PM ET

49ers RB JaMycal Hasty suffered a high-ankle sprain in Week 2 and is considered week-to-week.

It's safe to assume Hasty will miss the team's Week 3 matchup with the Packers. Trey Sermon is dealing with a concussion and Elijah Mitchell briefly exited the 49ers' Week 2 contest due to a shoulder injury. Mitchell was able to return to that game and is currently considered day-to-day. Lamar Miller, T.J. Yeldon, and Duke Johnson are all visiting San Francisco this week and at least one of them should be signed to the active roster. Trenton Cannon is the only healthy back currently available to Kyle Shanahan. If healthy, Mitchell will serve as the starter and see the bulk of the rushes with Cannon and a newly-signed veteran backing him up. 

RELATED: 

Trenton Cannon

, Elijah Mitchell

, Trey Sermon

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 20, 2021, 5:49 PM ET

49ers placed JaMycal Hasty (ankle) on IR.

Hasty will miss at least the next three weeks. Elijah Mitchell, once healthy, will form a committee with Trey Sermon while he is out. The 49ers have a Week 6 bye, so Hasty will get an additional week to heal before potentially making his return in Week 7. With Jeff Wilson eligible to return in Week 8 however, it's unlikely that Hasty will have a lot of fantasy value even once he's healthy. He can be safely dropped in all redraft leagues.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 25, 2021, 5:00 PM ET

The San Francisco 49ers have opened the practice window for running back JaMycal Hasty and have up to 21 days to activate him off of injured reserve. That may happen before Sunday night's game against the Indianapolis Colts.
Worth a pickup? 

Hasty's the most talented runner in this backfield (and probably the best receiver as well)... problem is (like Mostert) he can't seem to stay on the field. 

49ers are expected to activate JaMycal Hasty (ankle) for Week 7 against the Colts.

Hasty will form a committee with Elijah Mitchell and Trey Sermon, although it's at least possible that Sermon could be a healthy scratch, as he was when Michell and Hasty were healthy in Week 1. Hasty is unlikely to see a big workload in his return from injury, but the 49ers backfield is unpredictable. If Hasty were to have a meaningful role it would be surprising, but not shocking.

SOURCE: Nick Wagoner on Twitter

Oct 22, 2021, 4:37 PM ET

Hasty's the most talented runner in this backfield (and probably the best receiver as well)... problem is (like Mostert) he can't seem to stay on the field. 

I'm curious as to your reasoning behind this. In Week 1, wasn't Hasty healthy but behind Mitchell? Just want to understand what you're seeing as I'm toying with adding Hasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious as to your reasoning behind this. In Week 1, wasn't Hasty healthy but behind Mitchell? Just want to understand what you're seeing as I'm toying with adding Hasty.
Hasty was behind Mitchell to the best of my memory. Nobody can predict what Kyle Shanahan will do with this backfield this week, which is okay because Indy brings the second-toughest team to score fantasy points on for running backs into this game.

Hasty was behind Mitchell to the best of my memory. Nobody can predict what Kyle Shanahan will do with this backfield this week, which is okay because Indy brings the second-toughest team to score fantasy points on for running backs into this game.

Shanahan has always been fickle with his RBs. Hasty fell out of favor with him at some point in time and whether he can regain his good graces again is an open question. 

Shanahan has always been fickle with his RBs. Hasty fell out of favor with him at some point in time and whether he can regain his good graces again is an open question. 
Indeed. I was just thinking Hasty would be particularly tough to suss out before this week's slate of games, especially since SF is coming off of a bye and Hasty is returning from a sprained ankle for the first time since he went down in Week Two or so.

Just a way of saying: CAUTION

But I do not think it's totally accurate to say that he fell out of favor with Shanahan. He went from barely making the roster last year as an undrafted free agent to getting some run, actually. His problem in his short career is that he's been banged up. I had him on my dynasty roster last year and now this one, so I follow it a bit.

Apologies if this should be assistant coach forum material.

How would you rank Hasty vs. Sermon ROS? My general sense would be to lean toward Hasty, but this seems like I'm just guessing at this point.

never mind i found the answer to my own question lol     

The 49ers will activate running back JaMycal Hasty off injured reserve for Sunday’s game against the Colts.

Hasty injured his ankle in Week 2 and went on injured reserve Sept. 25. The 49ers designated him to return this week, and he practiced all week.

“I expect him to be full go,” 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said in quotes distributed by the team. “He had a real good week, which you never know when they’re coming back from a high ankle. But he looked good Monday and continued all the way to today. So, no concerns.”

The 49ers will have to make a roster move before 4 p.m. ET Saturday to get Hasty on the roster.

rschroeder1 said:

Eyeball test... He just seems to have more juice and shows the ability to make people miss. Mitchell is good but his vision at times is really questionable. Unfortunately Hasty's smaller and more fragile and maybe they don't quite trust him in pass blocking which limits his playing time. If I were to pick between Hasty or Sermon for RoS I would go Hasty simply because Sermon at this point doesn't look like he knows how to explode through the hole in their scheme and spends too much time juking air in the backfield.

GreenNGold said:
Hasty is ahead of Sermon, that is a known fact not a guess. 

Not sure this should be stated as fact.  Nobody looked great and with two weeks off I think several outcomes are possible. 

JaMycal Hasty caught 3-of-6 targets for 15 yards in Week 7 against the Colts. 

Hasty was making his first appearance since going on IR in Week 2. He was used as a pass game complement to Elijah Mitchell, who led the backfield with 18 carries. Hasty played on all third downs, leading to a 34% snap share. There's some value to Hasty's role when the 49ers are in negative game script, but his snaps are likely going to take a hit when Jeff Wilson (knee, PUP) returns.

Oct 25, 2021, 12:15 AM ET

uh-oh, i thought this guy would be the #1 add this week in fantasy with there being no RBs in SF. i feel like i am the only one who was thinking this  :scared:  

Users who are viewing this thread