What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Isiah Pacheco, KC (1 Viewer)

Reid said he had surgery...

...and will possibly have him back next week?

That sounds a bit optimistic. Even if it was just a clean up procedure, any time you go in there, you're stiff as hell for 2-3 weeks.

When did he have the surgery?
From what I read it sounded like it was today.

If it was today, not as likely he'll be back next week.
I thought the same when I saw that.

Reid said he had surgery...

...and will possibly have him back next week?

That sounds a bit optimistic. Even if it was just a clean up procedure, any time you go in there, you're stiff as hell for 2-3 weeks.

When did he have the surgery?
From what I read it sounded like it was today.

If it was today, not as likely he'll be back next week.
It was not today, don't know exact day just that it was reported as earlier this week.

• Speaking to reporters on Friday, head coach Andy Reid revealed that Pacheco has had a surgical procedure on his shoulder. “[He] had some things taken out that were ‘floaters’ in there,” said Reid. “But he’s doing well. He’s moving around good. We’ll probably anticipate getting [him] back next week.”
  • Pressed for details, Reid acknowledged that the procedure was a “cleanup surgery” on Pacheco’s previously injured shoulder.

Even a minimal loose bodies arthroscopy surgery is a month recovery at the very least and more depending on many variables , he may be back with the team next week but no way is he practicing ,let alone playing. He will be doing rehab and conditioning exercises . Id guess hes back by the playoffs .
I just grabbed D`Onta Foreman off the WW , id find a better option guys, dont count on Pacheco.

Even a minimal loose bodies arthroscopy surgery is a month recovery at the very least and more depending on many variables , he may be back with the team next week but no way is he practicing ,let alone playing. He will be doing rehab and conditioning exercises . Id guess hes back by the playoffs .
I just grabbed D`Onta Foreman off the WW , id find a better option guys, dont count on Pacheco.
Yeah, Andy is acting like Pete Carroll here. No way he plays next week

Doesn’t this seem like Mckinnon time? He probably won’t get as many touches as CEH but I can see him getting 1 or 2 TD’s and a few catches per game. Basically he should dominate the high value targets.

Doesn’t this seem like Mckinnon time? He probably won’t get as many touches as CEH but I can see him getting 1 or 2 TD’s and a few catches per game. Basically he should dominate the high value targets.
He got me 12.70 points last week

If I had to choose to start one or the other during the current fantasy playoffs I'd roll with McKinnon. I think his chances of hitting pay dirt is higher. Imo

Last edited:
He got me 12.70 points last week
Me too! I’ll take that at this point. I don’t understand why he isn’t being used more in the passing game. He looks great when he’s out there. Maybe Toney will see less or no playing time which could boost Mckinnon a bit.

If I had to choose to start one or the other during the current fantasy playoffs I'd roll with McKinnon. I think his chances of hitting pay dirt is higher. Imo
He’s a big time weapon inside the ten. He would be a solid fantasy starter if his touches just ticked up a bit. He is extremely efficient with the touches he does get. CEH gets empty yardage. He could have a nice game but I feel he needs to get off to a quick start.

Yeah agree.

I'm not a professional athelete but I had a similar surgery. You literally can't move your arm for a week. I'm not sure any drug helps with that.

Once he gets that thing loose he'll be good to go. I'd think two full weeks he could be ok.

Practicing today?

Thought he was a longshot to play.
Per Andy Reid, Pacheco is making progress through the league’s protocol but will still need a final signoff from the medical staff before being cleared. He is expected to be listed as questionable heading into the weekend. It sounds like Pacheco has a legitimate shot to play this week despite going down with a concussion on Monday. His return to the lineup would crush any RB2 value Clyde Edwards-Helaire had versus Cincinnati.

@DrJesseMorse

Isiah Pacheco

Suffered a concussion last week

He returned to practice today in a limited fashion.

So he’s going have to practice tmr with hitting and then not have any symptoms if he’s going to get cleared.

Since this is a big game and their RB depth is thin, I think the Chiefs go out of their way to try to clear him.

We likely won’t know until Saturday afternoon. This one could go either way.

Some Twitter doctor posted that his braids could be the reason he got concussion. I have no idea if that's true or false I just thought it was funny.

@DrJesseMorse

Isiah Pacheco

So he’s going have to practice tmr with hitting and then not have any symptoms if he’s going to get cleared.

Since this is a big game and their RB depth is thin, I think the Chiefs go out of their way to try to clear him.

What I don't understand is the quote "the Chiefs go out of their way to clear him."

How is that possible?

You can't really "push" anyone through the process. It is what it is. I'm sure the Texans would have loved to push Stroud through. Same with Pittman.

Some Twitter doctor posted that his braids could be the reason he got concussion. I have no idea if that's true or false I just thought it was funny.
Announcers hinted that his helmet kept coming off due to braids is maybe what they were referring to as well
Cut the damn braids if they are interfering with your protection.
Yep. Look. I'll never know how he truly feels because my head isnt shaped for braids to look even remotely acceptable. Having said all that, no hair style is worth it if that hairstyle comes with even a 1% chance of brain damage. I just found it funny that hairstyle and head trauma was even a thing. Science is good.

Trying to decide between Pacheco and LaPorta in the Flex. Already started Njoku at TE Thursday. Cowboys have been stingy v TEs (27th in fantasy points allowed.)

But my other Flex options (D Robinson, Warren) are playing at 1pm Sunday. If I have to pivot last minute it would be for Quintin Johnston. All 3 of those are less attractive than #87 in a bad matchup.

Doubt we hear anything about Pacheco clearing protocol before tonight’s kickoff so kind of forced to start the Lions rookie. I’m also starting Goff & Gibbs so this could be magical or it could be a disaster lol.

Trying to decide between Pacheco and LaPorta in the Flex. Already started Njoku at TE Thursday. Cowboys have been stingy v TEs (27th in fantasy points allowed.)

But my other Flex options (D Robinson, Warren) are playing at 1pm Sunday. If I have to pivot last minute it would be for Quintin Johnston. All 3 of those are less attractive than #87 in a bad matchup.

Doubt we hear anything about Pacheco clearing protocol before tonight’s kickoff so kind of forced to start the Lions rookie. I’m also starting Goff & Gibbs so this could be magical or it could be a disaster lol.
I would think we'll know later this afternoon. Practice, then check for symptoms.

Keep reading conflicting analysis on Laporta's matchup. Statistically, DAL is tough against TEs, but I read somewhere they play a certain coverage type that Laporta eats up.

@DrJesseMorse

Isiah Pacheco

What I don't understand is the quote "the Chiefs go out of their way to clear him."

How is that possible?

You can't really "push" anyone through the process. It is what it is. I'm sure the Texans would have loved to push Stroud through. Same with Pittman.
Think some teams perhaps care less about their players but who knows I’m glad as a Texans fan to think long term and Stroud said his head hitting the turf felt like hitting concrete.

I thought the whole sequence of events, when it happened, was interesting. Pacheco loses his helmet while being tackled, then takes what looks like a glancing blow from teammate's knee. Pacheco then covers his head/ears with both hands for a few seconds, almost as if he's protecting himself (no helmet) from any further collisions. He then gets up and walks briskly off the field, and proceeds to stand on the sideline, not immediately heading to the medical table/tent. Shortly thereafter, someone (trainer?) approaches him and he heads to the table. I'm not saying he did or did not sustain a concussion, but he definitely didn't appear to be dazed/disoriented at any point. And, yeah, I get that the lack of those "symptoms" doesn't necessarily mean he didn't sustain a concussion. But, at the time, I couldn't help but wonder if they were just following concussion protocol because his helmet came off. I mean, they tend to be cautious with any blow to the head, helmet or not (and for good reason).

I guess my point is, concussion or not, isn't it possible that the severity of the concussion/blow wasn't as severe as some? Or, maybe he was going through the concussion protocol strictly as a precaution, given the blow to the head with no helmet? If either of those is the case, maybe that contributed to the quick(er) passing of protocol.

Pacheco cleared CP so unless it's something with his shoulder we don't know about, Ingram being called up is likely insurance for CEH. He didn't practice Friday with illness.

That would allow them to have 3 RBs active in case CEH isn't able to go (Pacheco/Perine/Ingram).

Concussion on a Monday no less. I never dreamed he had any chance to pass this quick. Takes away my CEH starts in 2 leagues and now the leagues I have Pacheco I have the painful call of start him or another RB. Sure to be wrong either way.

Concussion on a Monday no less. I never dreamed he had any chance to pass this quick. Takes away my CEH starts in 2 leagues and now the leagues I have Pacheco I have the painful call of start him or another RB. Sure to be wrong either way.
Right? Pittman practicing all week last week - then being ruled out literally cost me a trip to the finals in one league.

I’m very apprehensive here. So, ok, he’s cleared - does it only take one regular tackle and his bell gets rung?

I feel this is too risky.

I’m going with Najee over ….

Pache-concussion

I thought the whole sequence of events, when it happened, was interesting. Pacheco loses his helmet while being tackled, then takes what looks like a glancing blow from teammate's knee. Pacheco then covers his head/ears with both hands for a few seconds, almost as if he's protecting himself (no helmet) from any further collisions. He then gets up and walks briskly off the field, and proceeds to stand on the sideline, not immediately heading to the medical table/tent. Shortly thereafter, someone (trainer?) approaches him and he heads to the table. I'm not saying he did or did not sustain a concussion, but he definitely didn't appear to be dazed/disoriented at any point. And, yeah, I get that the lack of those "symptoms" doesn't necessarily mean he didn't sustain a concussion. But, at the time, I couldn't help but wonder if they were just following concussion protocol because his helmet came off. I mean, they tend to be cautious with any blow to the head, helmet or not (and for good reason).

I guess my point is, concussion or not, isn't it possible that the severity of the concussion/blow wasn't as severe as some? Or, maybe he was going through the concussion protocol strictly as a precaution, given the blow to the head with no helmet? If either of those is the case, maybe that contributed to the quick(er) passing of protocol.
The voice of reason! Concussions always bring out the hottest of takes 😂

Yea.

Waiting for the “he’s got dreads so there’s more cushion under there” take as well.

I dunno.

Najee or Pacheco

Right or wrong lol at the next 6 posts being hot spew

The nfl is a farce with this concussion stuff
I’m sure he’s 100% fine….
I’m sure he is too, but apparently December concussions are less severe than September ones. Their administration of this “policy” feels subjective
I don’t trust the NFL in general, and I trust them even less when it comes to concussion protocol. I’ve seen too many games where dudes take major hits to the head - obvious hits - and still stay in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread