What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Isiah Pacheco, KC (1 Viewer)

With Isiah Pacheco (shoulder) ruled out, Edwards-Helaire is in line for added opportunities Sunday against the Bills, Adam Teicher of ESPN reports.

Per Pete Sweeney of ArrowheadPride.com, Edwards-Helaire is expected to be next in line for Kansas City's backfield touches Sunday, but Jerick McKinnon, who has missed the past two games with a groin injury, will also be on hand and should contribute in passing situations. Additionally, Matt Derrick of ChiefsDigest.com relays that Deneric Prince is a candidate to be elevated from the team's practice squad ahead of Week 14 action.

Won't happen but heck of a chance to elevate Prince.
I would rather see him than Perine at this point as that third back. I think the Chiefs will need some juice this week against the Bills and a rookie with something to prove might be that juice they need to pump up this offense.

I would rather see him than Perine at this point as that third back. I think the Chiefs will need some juice this week against the Bills and a rookie with something to prove might be that juice they need to pump up this offense.
Don't see Reid in a very important game trusting an unknown RB at this point.

Could be wrong, but I read that if they elevate Perine again, he has to be assigned to the full time roster. Not sure they want to go that route.

Have Pacheco on my two home leagues (bye locked in one, but competing for the bye in my $2K league, Grr.) and three teams in an FFPC championship game. Humble brag... one of the best values of the draft. I fear this may be RIP, however, for his season.

FWIW, I wouldn't want to start CEH or McKinnon - rather start any kind of depth I have over them. Pacheco was the "dude" in their offense this year, and neither of these other guys are gonna replicate what Pacheco was getting done on the field.

(Rotowire) The Chiefs elevated Prince to their active roster Saturday.
Analysis: The rookie running back's elevation likely comes in response to Jerick McKinnon (groin) being ruled out for Sunday night's affair. Prince has yet to appear in an NFL game, but he's been with Kansas City's practice squad since the end of August. He'll more than likely back up Isiah Pacheco and Clyde Edwards-Helaire in the Chiefs' Week 13 outing.

Have Pacheco on my two home leagues (bye locked in one, but competing for the bye in my $2K league, Grr.) and three teams in an FFPC championship game. Humble brag... one of the best values of the draft. I fear this may be RIP, however, for his season.

FWIW, I wouldn't want to start CEH or McKinnon - rather start any kind of depth I have over them. Pacheco was the "dude" in their offense this year, and neither of these other guys are gonna replicate what Pacheco was getting done on the field.
Is there anything reliable saying this is much more serious than a contusion?

I would think Andy Reid not ruling out IR would qualify.

I missed that presser, link?

Ran and picked up Clyde LFG!!!!
I’ve never seen someone so excited to insert him into their lineups before.
first four weeks last year think he was RB4 but my current RB are nothing to get excited about so no risk
Yep, right now I have CEH in over Breece, Dillon and Chuba. Could still pivot.
Right out of gate over those guys? Not that those guys are amazing it's we just don't know know how this plays out. Go hard or go home I guess.

I missed that presser, link?

Give a man fish you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and he's got food for a lifetime.

www.google.com

This.

Chief. KC is your team. PPR with a playoff spot on the line. Who are you starting CEH or McKinnon?
Honestly, I'd have to look over your whole team to see options. Andy Reid has had a terrible year calling plays. If he commits to the run in this game, Helaire is gonna be the guy.

McKinnon simply isn't gonna run it 18-20 times a game. He might get 3 catches out of the backfield. One of those may be a touchdown.

The Chiefs offense is crap this year.

This is a massive game for the Chiefs and Bills. I honestly have no feel for this game other than I think the Bills are gonna trounce the Chiefs. Which means I'm not sure either RB does anything worthwhile.

If the Bills go up early, it's McKinnon. If the Chiefs wanna play control ball, it's Helaire. But if I had to bet my left nut right now, I think the Bills come out firing early, which means the Chiefs play catch up. Which means more screen passes and more Mahomes throwing the ball.

Which means McKinnon.

Chief. KC is your team. PPR with a playoff spot on the line. Who are you starting CEH or McKinnon?
Honestly, I'd have to look over your whole team to see options. Andy Reid has had a terrible year calling plays. If he commits to the run in this game, Helaire is gonna be the guy.

McKinnon simply isn't gonna run it 18-20 times a game. He might get 3 catches out of the backfield. One of those may be a touchdown.

This is a massive game for the Chiefs and Bills. I honestly have no feel for this game other than I think the Bills are gonna trounce the Chiefs. Which means I'm not sure either RB does anything worthwhile.

If the Bills go up early, it's McKinnon. If the Chiefs wanna play control ball, it's Helaire. But if I had to bet my left nut right now, I think the Bills come out firing early, which means the Chiefs play catch up. Which means more screen passes and more Mahomes throwing the ball.

Which means McKinnon.
Thanks. I‘m backed into a corner so it’s either one of those two or Dameon Pierce this week. I have Kelce too (have for the past 5 yrs) so watch a ton of KC games. I’m literally a coin flip between those 2 so I was hoping you’d help be a tie breaker (no blame or shade included if it goes the other way). It‘s my main league and I haven’t missed the playoffs in 15yrs so trying hard to keep the streak alive. lol.

Which means McKinnon.
Leave your left nut with your keys

Ran and picked up Clyde LFG!!!!
I’ve never seen someone so excited to insert him into their lineups before.
first four weeks last year think he was RB4 but my current RB are nothing to get excited about so no risk
Yep, right now I have CEH in over Breece, Dillon and Chuba. Could still pivot.
Right out of gate over those guys? Not that those guys are amazing it's we just don't know know how this plays out. Go hard or go home I guess.
If Jones plays, I like CEH over Dillon. Hubbard has a crap matchup and Breece is really hurting and has been ineffective. Might go with Dillon still, but it is a close call for me.

I actually think CEH may have good game. At least I hope so. McKinnon just coming back from injury. They obviously have Super Bowl goals in mind and they have already admitted to keeping McKinnon fresh for the playoff run. Therefore, I would think CEH will get the majority of work.

I actually think CEH may have good game. At least I hope so. McKinnon just coming back from injury. They obviously have Super Bowl goals in mind and they have already admitted to keeping McKinnon fresh for the playoff run. Therefore, I would think CEH will get the majority of work.
ESPN projections actually as CEL outscoring Mostert.

Does everyone forget how bad CEH was/is? He lost starting job and was behind McKinnon before he got hurt. I had him, trust me stay far away
He’s looked pretty decent in limited opportunity this year. Decent matchup too. BUF defense is decimated by injury.

Agree there’s risk, but things line up for a potential RB2 opportunity / volume play. Maybe a short yardage TD if shareholders are lucky.

Does everyone forget how bad CEH was/is? He lost starting job and was behind McKinnon before he got hurt. I had him, trust me stay far away
My guess is if they were mulling putting Pachecho on IR but passed that he'll miss next week and might return the following week giving CEH a shot at being the lead runner for 2-3 weeks.

Not going to disagree he's never looked great but this is about fantasy points and perhaps you have forgot after 4 weeks last year he was RB4. Again that just over 4 weeks but that's how many games we got left this fantasy season so thinking/hoping he could pop off a few week run is not crazy. Especially when he's got fresh legs and his entering FA so his future is at stake.

And not for nothing but even the two previous seasons before last year he hovered in 12-13 PPG range. Not league winning stuff thats in the RB2/RB3 zone.

Reid said he had surgery...

...and will possibly have him back next week?

That sounds a bit optimistic. Even if it was just a clean up procedure, any time you go in there, you're stiff as hell for 2-3 weeks.

He’s looked pretty decent in limited opportunity this year. Decent matchup too. BUF defense is decimated by injury.

Agree there’s risk, but things line up for a potential RB2 opportunity / volume play. Maybe a short yardage TD if shareholders are lucky.

GB. Sauce. What is this who is this is? Helaireable with a short-yardage TD? When has Helaire converted a short yardage situation that you can remember?

I'm not jumping on you. I'm just astounded you wrote this after last year when I thought you'd seen the light.

But your analysis isn't really wrong. RB2/3 potential with this guy in a functioning offense. That last part is key.

GB. Sauce. What is this who is this is? Helaireable with a short-yardage TD? When has Helaire converted a short yardage situation that you can remember?

I'm not jumping on you. I'm just astounded you wrote this after last year when I thought you'd seen the light.

But your analysis isn't really wrong. RB2/3 potential with this guy in a functioning offense. That last part is key.
I have seen the light. CEH sucks

He also could have seen enough touches to be a RB2/3 last week, with McKinnon still banged up.

And to no one’s shock, CEH was stil absolute trash.

The process was correct. The results didn’t deliver on the opportunity

Users who are viewing this thread