What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Gus Edwards, LAC (1 Viewer)

Between Ingram/Dobbins, in 2020…they had 616 RB snaps, 230 touches, 1274 total yards and 10 TD’s to replace.

Edwards put up 347/153/852/8.

Let’s just say Edwards replaces 40% of what’s no longer there while keeping his 2020 workload, that’s an additional 244 snaps, 92 touches, 509 yards and 4 TD’s.

Is 1300/12 outlandish here?  Almost feels like a peak Rudi Johnson (dating myself) type year.

Between Ingram/Dobbins, in 2020…they had 616 RB snaps, 230 touches, 1274 total yards and 10 TD’s to replace.

Let’s just say Edwards replaces 40% of what’s no longer there while keeping his 2020 workload, that’s an additional 244 snaps, 92 touches, 509 yards and 4 TD’s.

Is 1300/12 outlandish here?  Almost feels like a peak Rudi Johnson (dating myself) type year.
Coach talked this morning and said they will play three backs. He wants five good ones. It is a great op for Gus. But as time goes on I expect more time share. Sharks would do well to prey after Gus goes off in early weeks. 

Coach talked this morning and said they will play three backs. He wants five good ones. It is a great op for Gus. But as time goes on I expect more time share. Sharks would do well to prey after Gus goes off in early weeks. 
Ingram was an established veteran albeit one in decline.  Dobbins was a highly touted rookie 2nd round pick.

That level of talent isn’t present now with Hill/Williams.  Hill is a guy whose struggled to see the field in two seasons and Williams while having a nice preseason, is still a rookie 6th rounder.  It wouldn’t be the first time a rookie late rounder looked good in August and come October was found to need a little more seasoning (think Josh Kelley from last year).  It would still leave 350-375 snaps for the duo.

Now could they sign a veteran to eat up ‘filler’ snaps?  Perhaps. 

Would take the under on 1300, 12 seems about right

Ingram was an established veteran albeit one in decline.  Dobbins was a highly touted rookie 2nd round pick.

That level of talent isn’t present now with Hill/Williams.  Hill is a guy whose struggled to see the field in two seasons and Williams while having a nice preseason, is still a rookie 6th rounder.  It wouldn’t be the first time a rookie late rounder looked good in August and come October was found to need a little more seasoning (think Josh Kelley from last year).  It would still leave 350-375 snaps for the duo.

Now could they sign a veteran to eat up ‘filler’ snaps?  Perhaps. 
I doubt they get it after cuts. But who knows. 

Any fantasy owners out there make a trade involving this guy in the past few days? Trying to gauge his value. What are you willing to part with to acquire him? If you own him, what would it take to sell him, either in terms of draft picks or a player at another skill position?

Any fantasy owners out there make a trade involving this guy in the past few days? Trying to gauge his value. What are you willing to part with to acquire him? If you own him, what would it take to sell him, either in terms of draft picks or a player at another skill position?
I Drafted him at the 4.7 pick in a 12 teamer. He’s a legit rb2 this year with rb1 upside anyweek given the tds. In dynasty, I’d trade to a win now for a late 1st/early 2nd if you’re rebuilding. I do think you could grab a so-so wr2 or 3 in dynasty for him 

Rank these RBs in PPR, and in standard redraft:

Chris Carson

Gus Edwards 

Myles Gaskin 

James Robinson

Mike Davis

I Drafted him at the 4.7 pick in a 12 teamer. He’s a legit rb2 this year with rb1 upside anyweek given the tds. In dynasty, I’d trade to a win now for a late 1st/early 2nd if you’re rebuilding. I do think you could grab a so-so wr2 or 3 in dynasty for him 
This is right to me.  Late first/early 2nd.  I've been watching this guy for a couple years and anxiously awaiting his chance.  Barring injury, I do expect a lot.

I don't see Gus being able to or Harbaugh wanting him to carry a full load. I think Williams is going to get some good run alongside Gus.

I don't see Gus being able to or Harbaugh wanting him to carry a full load. I think Williams is going to get some good run alongside Gus.
I agree. Gus has looked fantastic with about 150 carries a season, but expecting that to jump to, say, 250 may result in less efficiency and a greater propensity for injury. I do think that 150 will jump quite a bit, but someone else (seemingly Williams right now) is going to get a decent chunk of carries considering how dedicated they are to running the ball. And I don't think Harbaugh wants Lamar to sizably uptick his carries even though he's so dynamic there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravens OC Greg Roman acknowledged that RB Gus Edwards will handle a much bigger workload following J.K. Dobbins' season-ending injury.

“He’s our kind of guy," Roman said on Edwards. "He’s built for what we do.” One of the league's most efficient between-the-tackles runners, Edwards' touch floor logically increases dramatically with Dobbins (unfortunately) sidelined for the year. The 26-year-old's ceiling is a true question mark given Lamar Jackson's propensity to ignore this backfield for the league's third- and fourth-fewest targets the past two seasons, but any increase in that approach would arguably allow Edwards to blow the lid off his range. He's sandwiched into the same tier as other middling RB2s — D'Andre Swift, Chris Carson, James Robinson, David Montgomery — in the most recent NBC Sports Edge Draft Guide update.

- Jeff Zrebiec, Twitter

believed to have an ACL tear, for those who haven't seen.

THU, SEP 9, 3:54 PMROTOWIRE.COM

Edwards suffered a knee injury in practice Thursday that the team fears is season-ending, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Spin: Edwards was set to be the primary running back with the season-ending knee injury to J.K. Dobbins. With Justice Hill also suffering a season-ending injury, Ty'Son Williams could lead the backfield in Week 1 if Edwards is sidelined.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

17mThe #Ravens cut short practice today after CB Marcus Peters and RB Gus Edwards sustained potentially significant knee injuries on back-to-back plays, per me and @MikeGarafolo. The team is having tests done on both players.

“Draft on Labor Day” they say, “as late as possible to avoid injury”, they say. 

Gus jumped to what, a 4th round ADP before the LD weekend? 

Ugh - that’s just brutal. 

Oof. Dude in my league bid $60 of his $100 on him in our blind bid waiver run that processed today at noon. 

Now I'm kind of mad I got sniped on Williams by $2.  

Users who are viewing this thread