What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Gus Edwards, LAC (2 Viewers)

In PPR, very hesitant.

He's just coming off injury, short week, even more reason to lean on a rotation with Hill and Drake. Offense could also be a bit more clunky if M. Andrews is out or compromised. Also feel like TBs rush D performance last week against CAR was fluky...think TB just failed to show up/flat.

Also have this feeling that TB is going to snap out of this funk at any moment. There is too much talent on the offensive side of the ball. If all of a sudden things click tonight, Gus could run into a negative gamescript.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Gus Edwards (knee, questionable) is expected to suit up for Thursday night's game against the Bucs.​

Edwards' status was never really in doubt, though the question was at least worth asking on a short week after Edwards handled 16 carries in his return from the PUP list. Just outside the RB2 range, Edwards is a respectable FLEX in a week with only two teams on bye.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Oct 27, 2022, 5:27 PM ET

In PPR, very hesitant.

He's just coming off injury, short week, even more reason to lean on a rotation with Hill and Drake. Offense could also be a bit more clunky if M. Andrews is out or compromised. Also feel like TBs rush D performance last week against CAR was fluky...think TB just failed to show up/flat.

Also have this feeling that TB is going to snap out of this funk at any moment. There is too much talent on the offensive side of the ball. If all of a sudden things click tonight, Gus could run into a negative gamescript.

OTOH Akiem Hicks is out again for TB. Not sure if I have any better options.

Gus Edwards suffered a hamstring injury in the fourth quarter of Baltimore's Week 8 game against the Bucs and is questionable to return.​

Ripping off a nice gain in the fourth quarter, Edwards took an awkward step and remained down on the ground for several moments. He did eventually make it to the sideline unassisted. He could maybe return, but the Ravens went up 24-13 on the possession Edwards departed. Caution will likely take the day. Edwards had 11 productive carries for 65 yards before going down. We will update his status later Thursday evening.
Oct 27, 2022, 10:45 PM ET

Speaking after the Ravens' Week 8 win over the Bucs, coach John Harbaugh said Gus Edwards' hamstring injury "doesn't seem too bad."​

Edwards didn't return after departing midway through the fourth quarter. Harbaugh did say the team will know more on Friday, aka Edwards will undergo an MRI. With the Ravens headed on their post-Thursday Night Football "mini bye," Edwards will have 10 days to heal up for Week 9 against the Saints, but with the Ravens' actual bye on tap for Week 10, caution could be the order of the day. Kenyan Drake and Justice Hill remain the next men up in this banged-up backfield.
SOURCE: Ryan Mink on Twitter
Oct 27, 2022, 11:52 PM ET

The injury sucks, but I think if you own him you saw everything you needed to see. There will be a rotation to spell him, but when they want to run the ball the want to run Gus. When Drake was in early in the game they never even gave it to him - Gus comes in and right away he gets fed and looked great.

Yes I own him.

The injury sucks, but I think if you own him you saw everything you needed to see. There will be a rotation to spell him, but when they want to run the ball the want to run Gus. When Drake was in early in the game they never even gave it to him - Gus comes in and right away he gets fed and looked great.

Yes I own him.
Love him moving forward, but would be nice if he would get at least one target in the passing game

Looked great running but zero usage in the passing limits him in many league formats.

Drake may still be rosterable, especially if Gus misses time.

Looked great running but zero usage in the passing limits him in many league formats.

Yes, that is hugely disappointing. He will be tough to start if that continues.

for his career he has 23 targets in 45 games; nobody has any expectation he'll be as valuable in PPR

great runner though, one of my favorite players to watch

Yes, that is hugely disappointing. He will be tough to start if that continues.

for his career he has 23 targets in 45 games; nobody has any expectation he'll be as valuable in PPR

great runner though, one of my favorite players to watch
He's got surprisingly good wiggle for a guy his size. He's not going to break a lot of long ones, but he always seems to fall forward and generate positive yards (hence his career 5 YPC average). As mentioned though, being a zero in the passing game and having Lamar behind center really caps his upside.

I think he's looked great. Really banking on a weekly td with him for it to pay off. That said, he's more likely to get a few goal line than most backs in the league.

Gus is is an awesome RB2, but you don't want him to be your only RB2.

imo Gus is great start when Baltimore is heavily favored or vs a bad run D. As long as his health comes along I see an easy 15+ carries/game with as high of TD upside as most anyone.
Nailed it

Yes I own him.
Love him moving forward, but would be nice if he would get at least one target in the passing game
I did not expect him to get used in the passing game, but what compounds that issue is that with two opportunities inside of the 8 yard line on first and goal to go it was Drake out there, somewhat inexplicably.

If he’s not going to get receptions, I need him to get those red zone touches.

That said, I also feel like the extra reps from Justice Hill had were likely due to the short week.

Hopefully 10 days is enough time for Gus to heal up.

Report is it's minor. Could be able to play after the 10 days off. Might also rest it and take it over the bye week and come back in week 11 in good shape.

Yes I own him.
I did not expect him to get used in the passing game, but what compounds that issue is that with two opportunities inside of the 8 yard line on first and goal to go it was Drake out there, somewhat inexplicably.

If he’s not going to get receptions, I need him to get those red zone touches.
This exactly

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Gus Edwards is dealing with a minor hamstring strain and is questionable for the team's Week 9 matchup vs. the Saints.​

Edwards entered last week's game against the Buccaneers with a knee injury and exited with what's being called a minor hamstring strain. Since returning from a torn ACL that ended his 2021 season, Edwards has appeared in two games for the Ravens, rushing for 27-131-2 through two games. If he's unable to suit up in Week 9 against the Saints, Kenyan Drake would likely serve as the Ravens' lead back with Justice Hill also getting some touches.
Oct 31, 2022, 2:47 PM ET

Exactly, no reason to mess with a hamstring before the bye. They’re going to need him for the 2nd half of season.

Does anyone know how ESPN handles bye weeks for players who missed the previous week’s game? If Gus does not play this week, will he automatically be listed as out for the entire bye week regardless of practice status?

Does anyone know how ESPN handles bye weeks for players who missed the previous week’s game? If Gus does not play this week, will he automatically be listed as out for the entire bye week regardless of practice status?
Looking at other players that were Out in Week 8 but on Bye in Week 9 (like Deebo Samuel) they still have him listed as Out for Week 9, so can stay in the IR spot

Looking at other players that were Out in Week 8 but on Bye in Week 9 (like Deebo Samuel) they still have him listed as Out for Week 9, so can stay in the IR spot
Thanks. Trying to figure out how to best manage IR for a few weeks.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said he "expects" RB Gus Edwards (hamstring) back for Week 11.​

The Ravens are on bye in Week 10, so Edwards will get another week on the shelf with his hamstring injury. Harbaugh also noted that J.K. Dobbins will be back in "a few weeks," so the window for Edwards to lead the committee for Baltimore might be fairly small. Regardless, Edwards is worth holding on to in most leagues through the bye.
RELATED:

As a ravens fan that picked up Drake for last week, starting Drake in a game Edwards is playing in is not something I can see working out well with consistency

Drake is just not ur goal line back when Edwards is in the game

if the hammy is a lingering issue with Edwards tho I can definitely see ravens coaching staff resting him down the stretch where there are some easy games and Drake being relevant in the fantasy playoffs

if I had a deep bench I’d hold for that reason; sadly I don’t have a deep bench and cant hold him, do appreciate his help last week tho lol

Gus Edwards (knee, hamstring) practiced Friday.​

Edwards should be considered a full go for Sunday's game against the Jaguars after three weeks on the sideline with knee and hamstring issues. While Edwards is little more than a touchdown-dependent RB3 against Jacksonville, his presence should lower Kenyan Drake's touch-based upside. The Baltimore backfield remains one of the worst for fantasy purposes.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter
Nov 25, 2022, 12:10 PM ET

Gus Edwards rushed 12 times for 39 yards and caught 1-of-1 targets for 13 yards in the Ravens' Wild Card loss to the Bengals.

Edwards played in just 10 games after missing the first six weeks of the season on injured reserve, totaling 99 carries for 472 yards and three touchdowns. He didn't catch his first pass until the Wild Card loss to the Bengals, which keeps his fantasy stock rather low heading into a contract year in 2023. Consider Edwards little more than one of the top injury handcuffs in the league moving forward.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Gus Edwards will be "fully ready" for training camp.

Edwards has been working to the side at OTAs and is expected to be a limited participant. He dealt with a torn ACL that delayed the start of his 2022 season and also suffered a concussion and some hamstring issues last year. If healthy, he'll be the main backup for J.K. Dobbins this year.
SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter
Jun 6, 2023, 3:09 PM ET

Ckecking for a pulse…. any thoughts?

I have 1 share in a deep 14 team dynasty, even there i am not sure how valuable he is. Justice Hill may have passed him on the depth chart.

He could easily be on the chopping block after week 1, in fact i would be shocked if he is on my roster 3-4 weeks into the season. However for now in deep leagues i guess he is a hold.

Baltimore RB's are impossible to predict. They get hurt, you can't tell who's going to play and how much. I don't see much sense picking one until the late rounds if any are available.

So…the fact that this wasn’t bumped within minutes of the Dobbins announcement kinda makes me think no one’s even a little bit hopeful that Edwards can take a reliable share here and become a starting fantasy asset.

I mean…right?

I have one share in dynasty, and I appear to be among the hopeful, and I’m still skeptical as f!

My sixth sense also tells me Harbs is already on the phone with Laidoff Lenny.

It's unclear. Gus & Justice both has 8 carries & 0 targets.

People are talking about Hill because he got two short TD runs. Gus had a run for a 2 point conversion.

It's likely a time share and a veteran like Melvin Gordon will be brought in.

Users who are viewing this thread