What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Gus Edwards, LAC (2 Viewers)

You basically said Gus was further behind based on this information.  Maybe don’t say things you don’t know to be true.  
I said based on the fact that Dobbins was doing individual drills at OTAs and Edwards wasn’t even there. To me says one was ready, one was not. It’s all in writing so whatever.
I’ll end this now. 

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said that RB Gus Edwards is "questionable" for Week 1. 

Unfortunately, this doesn't qualify as much of a surprise given the addition of Corey Clement earlier in the week. Edwards' ACL tear happened later in camp than JK Dobbins' did. With this news, Edwards will likely see a slight ADP drop. He's still an interesting name after he's cleared to return to the field, but probably slots in as more of a backup plan in 2022. 

Just got an alert he has been sent to the PUP list.
Will miss a minimum of 4 games.
The Ravens backfield looks like a mess, as the reports on Dobbins seem like he might need some time too.
Who will be the man to get here early season?

The Ravens backfield looks like a mess, as the reports on Dobbins seem like he might need some time too.
Mike Davis?

Mike Davis

Try to contain your enthusiasm

Tyler Badie might end up with a decent 3rd down role, but the Ravens don't utilize RBs the same way other teams do

I guess the answer is always Lamar, isn't it?

Can't say I'm optimistic for Gus Bus for any part of this season, but not a terrible use of a "free" IR stash if your league has it. Could be an interesting mid / late season commodity if the backfield takes some hits.

MIKE DAVIS......... :wall:
I discounted/forgot about Mike Davis, but he's on my "congratulations list" anyway.

If you draft Davis and beat me with him, then CONGRATULATIONS.

I won't be owning Davis anywhere, barring a complete collapse at RB on a fantasy team somewhere. (which occasionally happens, to be fair)

This just further solidifies that I want Dobbins where appropriate, and most certainly kicks up Bateman and Andrews up a notch............. Bateman has been my preference at my WR3 slots all summer if possible. This just makes me want to get him more.

:football:

Ravens RB Gus Edwards (knee) said of his recovery, "I'm doing great and I'm very close [to returning]".​

Edwards is already on the PUP list, meaning he will miss at least the first four weeks of the season, but a return in October will spell good things for the Ravens. In three seasons with the Ravens, Edwards has been a key contributor in a backfield committee. The veteran running back has rushed for 2,152 yards and 10 touchdowns in 43 games, with his best season (144-723-6) coming in 2020. His slow return to the field has all but moved him off fantasy radars, but Edwards may be worth a stash in the coming weeks.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Sep 8, 2022, 1:10 PM ET

Ravens designated Gus Edwards (knee) to return from the reserve/PUP list.​

John Harbaugh said the back will return to practice this week and "we'll see how it looks." Edwards missed the first four weeks of the season returning from a torn ACL suffered right before the season started last year, and will have three weeks to show he's healthy enough to be activated. Unless we hear something more encouraging about how he looks, it's hard to believe that Edwards will be ready to play right away. Even when he does get activated, he could be slow-played as J.K. Dobbins was earlier this year. He's probably someone to think about for the second half of the season at this point.
Oct 4, 2022, 3:30 PM ET

What's the upside scenario for Edwards?
Any realistic chance he takes a sizeable / majority share from JK Dobbins in the 2nd half? Or is best case (outside injury) a quagmire RB1a / RB1b mess?

Any realistic chance he takes a sizeable / majority share from JK Dobbins in the 2nd half? Or is best case (outside injury) a quagmire RB1a / RB1b mess?
If Dobbins remains healthy I have no idea why Gus would steal the majority of carries from him. I think it is possible that Harbough will split them to try to keep them healthy.

majority of carries? probably not - but in the past he has split carries and has been very productive - id grab him now

Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman told reporters that he's "really excited" to be getting Gus Edwards back.​

Edwards is in the final week of his 21-day window to return and it's definitely possible he gets activated ahead of Week 7 -- that quote sure reads like they expect Edwards back. Edwards will likely be eased in if he does play this week, but he could potentially be a big piece in the Ravens backfield in the second half of the season.
SOURCE: Jeff Zrbiec on Twitter
Oct 20, 2022, 3:53 PM ET

Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman told reporters that he's "really excited" to be getting Gus Edwards back.​

Edwards is in the final week of his 21-day window to return and it's definitely possible he gets activated ahead of Week 7 -- that quote sure reads like they expect Edwards back. Edwards will likely be eased in if he does play this week, but he could potentially be a big piece in the Ravens backfield in the second half of the season.
Is that correct? Is he in the last week of his 21 day window to return? So what are the options? Don't they have to activate him then?

Is that correct? Is he in the last week of his 21 day window to return? So what are the options? Don't they have to activate him then?

Yeah or he goes back on IR for the rest of the season. Sounds like he will be activated on Saturday.

Yeah or he goes back on IR for the rest of the season. Sounds like he will be activated on Saturday.
That's what I thought but wasn't sure. I already own Dobbins but with Drake, Hill, Edwards and Dobbins (not to mention Lamaar Jackson) this seems like one big headache of a backfield for fantasy purposes

Ravens activated Gus Edwards (knee) from the reserve/PUP list.​

Edwards was designated to return 19 days ago, so his window to be activated was nearly up. Offensive coordinator Greg Roman said earlier this week that he was "really excited" to get Edwards back. With J.K. Dobbins on injured reserve, Edwards could pick up a large role in the offense as soon as he takes the field. Coming off a 100-yard performance, Kenyan Drake will likely start, but Edwards will be involved. Once up to speed, he could topple Drake for the starting role.
SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter
Oct 23, 2022, 9:54 AM ET

Gus Edwards (knee) is active for Week 7 against the Browns.​

Edwards will make his season debut following a summer 2021 ACL injury. He'll join a backfield without J.K. Dobbins (knee surgery) that could be led by Kenyan Drake in Week 7 against Cleveland. Expect Edwards to be worked into the Baltimore offense slowly. He should be picked up in most 12-team leagues.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter
Oct 23, 2022, 11:34 AM ET

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec reports Gus Edwards worked as the RB1 in pregame warmups before the Ravens' Week 7 game against the Browns.​

It would be something of a surprise if Edwards -- making his season debut after missing all of 2021 with an ACL injury -- operates as Baltimore's No. 1 back against Cleveland, one of the worst run defenses in the NFL. Edwards can be started as an iffy flex option in deeper formats while Kenyan Drake is a very risky fantasy option following his breakout Week 6 performance. Mike Davis is a healthy scratch for the first time this season.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter
Oct 23, 2022, 12:36 PM ET

I didn't catch this before the games started. I have Drake in lol. Hopefully both get a good bit of carries. I own both so it will be fun to see what happens.

Good to see him play well regardless of my bad decision making :bored:. I was going to say i'll be riding the Gus Bus next week but they play at TB.

Gus Edwards had 16 rushes for 66 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' Week 7 win against the Browns.

Making his season debut after an August 2021 ACL injury that wiped out his entire 2021 season, Edwards stepped in as Baltimore's leads back while Kenyan Drake saw 11 rushing attempts in a decidedly run-heavy game plan against the Browns. Edwards bulldozed through a few arm tackles in the first half and got nearly all the work in the red zone. Fantasy managers who held on to Edwards through the season's first six weeks were immediately rewarded with a strong outing. Edwards saw one target as Lamar Jackson threw a mere 16 passes on the day. Edwards should retain RB2 value in Week 8 against the Bucs. His lack of passing down work will make him dependent on touchdowns, however.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Ravens listed Gus Edwards (knee) as limited on their Monday practice report.​

Edwards surprised everyone in Week 7 when he handled 16 carries against the Browns, rushing for 66 yards and two scores. Making his long-awaited return from an ACL injury that ended his 2021 season, Edward's emerged as the Ravens' lead back on Sunday and should have a few more games in that role with J.K. Dobbins (knee) currently on injured reserve. The Ravens didn't officially practice on Monday, but the fact that Edwards would have been good for limited work after a busy 2022 debut is a good sign ahead of Thursday night's game against the Bucs. He can be treated as an RB2 if active.
Oct 24, 2022, 6:07 PM ET

With Harbaugh's track record on RB usage week to week I would not be jumping up and down over Gus's game last Sunday.
Except they probably love this guy and have been trotting corpses and busts of players out there for a few years now.

They're going to ride him- no doubt. He -is- Baltimore Ravens style football

Had em' then got Pacheco'd last minute. Thinking was, 'no way first week back he'd blow up' and that I'd have a week to try to pick him back up. Well, I'm unleashing the rest of my FAAB on him, but doubt I'll get him. I have $40 left and will prolly spend 38-39 to save a buck or two for playoff DSTs time. I think RB2 ROS makes sense to me.

RB2 ROS locked in imo. There isn't a name worth mentioning aside from JK Dobbins that will do anything but hold this guys strap. And I am willing to bet JK at best spells him later in the year. When healthy Gus has always been extremely successful in this backfield. TD upside will be hard to leave on your bench.

Having just lost Hall, I'll put in a claim for him, which I won't get. I think he probably has RB2 upside at best. Aside from the crowded backfield, Ravens offense isn't the juggernaut it looked like in the first couple weeks

Users who are viewing this thread