What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Derrick Henry, BAL (1 Viewer)

We’re watching history, the dude is a freak. I’ll believe he’s getting too many touches when I see it have a negative effect on him. Someday it will hit me like a truck and I’ll be stuck with him, but owning him is just too fun. 
Hes always been like this.  He was basically the entire offense when he was at bama.   

I heard the other day that some kid broke his high school state rushing record the other day.   Pretty crazy.   Kid only has only one hand too.

Hes always been like this.  He was basically the entire offense when he was at bama.   

I heard the other day that some kid broke his high school state rushing record the other day.   Pretty crazy.   Kid only has only one hand too.
Easier to slip out of arm tackles that way - makes sense.

First 4 games last season: 101 carries for 376 yards, 3.7 ypc, 4 tds. 6 catches for 32 yards. 

First 4 games this season: 113 carries for 510 yards, 4.5 ypc, 4 tds. 14 catches for 125 yards. 

😳😳

Long live the 👑

First 4 games last season: 101 carries for 376 yards, 3.7 ypc, 4 tds. 6 catches for 32 yards. 

First 4 games this season: 113 carries for 510 yards, 4.5 ypc, 4 tds. 14 catches for 125 yards. 

😳😳

Long live the 👑
If he ends up with 60 catches, my lord ....

Derrick Henry rushed 29 times for 130 yards and three touchdowns in the Titans' Week 6 win over Jacksonville.

The Jaguars turned it over on their opening drive, giving the Titans an early lead they never gave up. Henry scored all three of his touchdowns in the red-zone, with the longest coming from 10 yards out. Massive workloads have been there all season for Henry, who has at least 28 carries in 4-of-5 weeks, though he wasn't involved as a pass catcher despite Julio Jones being sidelined. Henry is averaging 128 rushing yards per game and has at least 100 yards in four straight. The Titans play Buffalo on Monday night in Week 6.

Oct 10, 2021, 5:41 PM ET

On pace for 2200 yards and 28 TDs. 

what’s sick is that he’s improved his yards and TDs every year since he’s been in the league. Same with receptions and yards too. He is a one of a kind! Seriously check out his stats in his profile. 

Derrick Henry rushed 20 times for 143 yards and three touchdowns in the Titans' Week 6 win over the Bills Monday night.

He added two catches for 13 yards, handling all 22 backfield touches after third-down back Jeremy McNichols aggravated his ankle injury on the opening drive and never returned. Henry was getting stuffed on his first handful of carries in this one but exploded up the middle, as the seas parted for him on a 76-yard second-quarter touchdown run. He reached a top speed of 21.8 MPH on the scamper. He looked like a freight train. Henry wasn't done there, adding a three-yard touchdown in the third frame before again scoring from 13 yards out in the fourth quarter to put the Titans up 34-31 with 3:05 left. It proved to be the game-winning score after the Bills stumbled late. Henry is in a class of his own at running back. He has five straight 100-yard games and three three-touchdown games in that span. He's the NFL's leading rusher by 260 yards. Henry gets the Chiefs' leaky defense in Week 7.

Oct 18, 2021, 11:25 PM ET

Went against Henry last night with a 27pt lead, had Knox and Bass going as well and I was sweating bullets that this would go into OT. Won by 10 points but i'm not sure that would have held up in OT. This dude is freakin terrifying to go up against.

Went against Henry last night with a 27pt lead, had Knox and Bass going as well and I was sweating bullets that this would go into OT. Won by 10 points but i'm not sure that would have held up in OT. This dude is freakin terrifying to go up against.
On the flip side, when watching the Game Highlights on Gamepass and I see Tannenhill directly under center from his own 25 I'm giddy with anticipation.

Best value I ever drafted in our keeper league. Previous owner gave up on him after two seasons of him playing behind Demarco Murray, and the greatly exaggerated time share predictions with Dion Lewis coming to town. Last 2 seasons, 2 championships with this beast of a man leading the way. He's just fun to watch, and to see him actually looking stronger and faster with age is beyond comprehension.

Thank You King!!!!!!!!

The rules of thumb just don't apply to Derrick Henry.

I have never seen someone with that size, agility and speed playing RB.

Plugging in 20+ points on your RB1 line every week is one of the best feelings in fantasy football.

I would bet that Henry will be on at least 25% of all league winning teams this year. 

Best value I ever drafted in our keeper league. Previous owner gave up on him after two seasons of him playing behind Demarco Murray, and the greatly exaggerated time share predictions with Dion Lewis coming to town. Last 2 seasons, 2 championships with this beast of a man leading the way. He's just fun to watch, and to see him actually looking stronger and faster with age is beyond comprehension.

Thank You King!!!!!!!!
Similar story here, I traded ARob for him before he exploded a couple years ago and the response was that I probably lost the deal, but fair. One of my best trades ever

I still think it's so cool that he and so many famous RBs have chatted since he was in high school. 

His recovery process is as well thought out as his workouts. 

The Titans CB injuries will surely invite the Chiefs to score quickly next week. It might take the shine off Henry some for a week

Similar story here, I traded ARob for him before he exploded a couple years ago and the response was that I probably lost the deal, but fair. One of my best trades ever

Similar story for me too. I traded for the King just before our 2020 Dynasty Draft. 

I got King and the 1.11 (Ruggs over Justin Jefferson DOH!)  and gave up the 1.04 (JK Dobbins) 2.04 ( Raegor) and OBJ.

Watching DH play and knowing what kind of human he is...I can see purchasing a Henry 22 jersey in the near future

When I tell y’all folks were SICK of this guy

I accepted an offer before the 2018 season in dyno of Henry and Treadwell for my Alex Collins and Trey Burton and nobody batted an eye (and given he was coming off scoring 8.0/3.8/3.6 through the 2017 fantasy playoffs I can’t blame em either).

A reminder to keep the faith on Miles Sanders, I guess

Last edited by a moderator:
When I tell y’all folks were SICK of this guy

I accepted an offer before the 2018 season in dyno of Henry and Treadwell for my Alex Collins and Trey Burton and nobody batted an eye (and given he was coming off scoring 8.0/3.8/3.6 through the 2017 fantasy playoffs I can’t blame em either).

A reminder to keep the faith on Miles Sanders, I guess
I have Sanders as well in keeper, and will hold for sure. There is too much talent there to dismiss due to inept play calling.

A few years back I put him on the market for a second round pick in my dynasty league. I had zero takers. Thank God.

Not to worry, the grave dancers will be out en masse should he get dinged at any point this year. See, tried to tell ya, it’s the curse of 376 (or whatever magic number of touches dooms RBs.)

Nah, a lot of posters on here have been calling him terrible since he was drafted and they just keep looking for a way to be negative about him. One of the greatest rbs in history, he's insanely underrated. 

Nah, a lot of posters on here have been calling him terrible since he was drafted and they just keep looking for a way to be negative about him. One of the greatest rbs in history, he's insanely underrated. 

hes the best player to come out of the saban bama era.  And thats saying alot

Ted Lange as your Bartender said:
Early on…it was kind of true.  He had a come to Jesus moment with Eddie George at one point in 2018 and it’s been lights out ever since

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/news/tough-love-eddie-george-lit-a-fire-under-titans-rb-derrick-henry-and-he-s-been-a
Most of all his college fullback Jalston Fowler. (Forever wonder why he's not on the Titans) Fowler was a top college FB and then top and 2nd rated in the NFL. Henry's college roommate and best bud. After a conversation between them, Henry hit the hole way harder. After a couple long runs while Murray was there, you could see Henry go hug Fowler after.

Fowler was released and it definitely hurt Henry.

When the Titans lost their minds and were considering Dion Lewis over Henry, Fowler was re-signed. He was on the team two weeks, they moved padded practices around, and Henry burst onto the scene again and has been excellent ever since. 

Murray liked one back set and Henry didn't so much. Arthur Smith made sure to incorporate the FB into his goalline offense and then the whole offense as OC.

Jonnu was absolutely phenomenal at hitting guys downfield. Henry probably owes him 1000 yards over the years. 

Mycole (Not Michael!!!)Pruitt was a college receiving TE the Titans turned into a blocker but he was meh at both. They didn't re-sign him, he got cut by the Vikes, and after the Titans -lost Moore to injury and other TEs didn't pan out- thankfully grabbed him. He's a new man. He has laid some (curse) wood this year and while he only has a handful of catches, they're well contested and he catches it anyway. Firkser is having a prob being more valuable and getting on the field.

Titans added Tory Carter (top FB) this offseason to go with Blasingame so they're serious about the FB now.

Watch highlights, watch in the future- a FB often gets him daylight and a TE often gifts him free range after ten yards. They're so integral to his record breaking run he's on

Pruitt is gonna be the key

Most of all his college fullback Jalston Fowler. (Forever wonder why he's not on the Titans) Fowler was a top college FB and then top and 2nd rated in the NFL. Henry's college roommate and best bud. After a conversation between them, Henry hit the hole way harder. After a couple long runs while Murray was there, you could see Henry go hug Fowler after.

Fowler was released and it definitely hurt Henry.

When the Titans lost their minds and were considering Dion Lewis over Henry, Fowler was re-signed. He was on the team two weeks, they moved padded practices around, and Henry burst onto the scene again and has been excellent ever since. 

Murray liked one back set and Henry didn't so much. Arthur Smith made sure to incorporate the FB into his goalline offense and then the whole offense as OC.

Jonnu was absolutely phenomenal at hitting guys downfield. Henry probably owes him 1000 yards over the years. 

Mycole (Not Michael!!!)Pruitt was a college receiving TE the Titans turned into a blocker but he was meh at both. They didn't re-sign him, he got cut by the Vikes, and after the Titans -lost Moore to injury and other TEs didn't pan out- thankfully grabbed him. He's a new man. He has laid some (curse) wood this year and while he only has a handful of catches, they're well contested and he catches it anyway. Firkser is having a prob being more valuable and getting on the field.

Titans added Tory Carter (top FB) this offseason to go with Blasingame so they're serious about the FB now.

Watch highlights, watch in the future- a FB often gets him daylight and a TE often gifts him free range after ten yards. They're so integral to his record breaking run he's on

Pruitt is gonna be the key
Props too to Geoff Swaim, who opened up the monster crease on the edge for the 76yd TD

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
1.09 in my rookie/fa draft.

Almost bailed on him. It's nice when patience pays off. He won my dynasty league for me last season

In 2015 there was a lot of disagreement about Henry with some suggesting that he lacked speed, vision or lateral movement and would not be a strong NFL back.  After looking at his college tape, I compared him to Ricky Williams and I stand by that comparison. I some ways, he is an incomparable running back, but Williams is as close as any.  Backs that big and fast are very rare. Henry adds a top flight stiff arm and superior vision.  

I drafted him at 1.05 as a rookie and couldn't be happier.

Derrick Henry reached 21.8 mph on his touchdown run yesterday.

21.8 mph = 100 meters in 10.26 seconds.

If he ran, carrying a football and wearing pads and cleats while running in a lane of bermuda grass, he would have won the bronze medal at the 1972 Munich Olympics

In 2015 there was a lot of disagreement about Henry with some suggesting that he lacked speed, vision or lateral movement and would not be a strong NFL back.  After looking at his college tape, I compared him to Ricky Williams and I stand by that comparison. I some ways, he is an incomparable running back, but Williams is as close as any.  Backs that big and fast are very rare. Henry adds a top flight stiff arm and superior vision.  

I drafted him at 1.05 as a rookie and couldn't be happier.
Dig up some Chuck Muncie on YouTube. 

Not that anyone could take the kings place but who the hell is the backup 
Temporarily Evans and McNichols. They're typical backups in their own ways with McNichols having earned the staff's trust and Evans needing to.

Sargent is a hard nosed little bugger that reminds me of Joe Morris. I'm constantly googling his size because everyone looks small next to Henry so grain of salt there. He's another put the team on my back type back and the other two aren't. Give it a game or two and he'll get the role if not sooner.

People want Evans to be but he's got more of the novelty of a scat back. Very quick, got some moves and hands, works the screens well and....that's not lead back type. He's supposed to be tough to bring down after chasing Henry and probably would be if he could stay healthy.

Blasingame is a former college RB that's been a converted FB for a few years. He doesn't have the vision. He's a big guy that can smash thru the line, but he doesn't have that initial adjustment backs have. He had a couple bad games and then played well against the Bills. He might be out of the doghouse. Again, a common suggestion as Henry handcuff, but it's just not there

Users who are viewing this thread