What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Breece Hall, NYJ (1 Viewer)

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Breece Hall (ankle) is expected to play in Week 14 against the Texans.

Hall was listed as questionable after logging a limited practice on Friday. It was his only practice of the week. He played through the ankle issue in Week 13 but gave up nine carries to Dalvin Cook, who was also more efficient per attempt than Breece. Hall still pulled in six receptions, saving an otherwise quiet fantasy day in PPR leagues. He will need to do so again this week because Cook will likely maintain his role between the tackles, limiting Hall’s touch-based upside. He ranks as an RB2 for Week 14.

Breece Hall (ankle) is active for Week 14 against the Texans.
Hall only got one practice in this week, a limited session on Friday. He will split the Jets’ carries with Dalvin Cook, pushing him deep into RB2 territory. Still, while sharing the backfield with Cook in Week 13, Hall racked up six receptions. His role through the air is enough to prevent him from falling any further in the rankings this week. Inactive for the Jets are WR Jason Brownlee, RT Carter Warren, OT Austin Deculus, LB Zaire Barnes, DE Carl Lawson, CB Bryce Hal, and QB Brett Rypien.

Just a matter of blocking and having enough of a passing game to keep the other team from run blitzing every single play. They got that today.

Talent is not in doubt. He makes it look easy when he isn't getting hit 3 yards behind the LOS

What the Hell happened to him today??
Last week I don't play him he gets over 20 points.
This week I play him het gets 3.
Looks like He wasn't even playing in the 2nd half much.
Didn't watch the game.

Did he get hurt?
Did he get Benched??

No OL and QB makes it pretty easy to shut down Breece. Really hoping he gets out of this miserable season healthy!

Brutal season obviously but if there is a silver lining fantasy-wise for him long term, it’s that his modest usage allowed to him come back this year somewhat slowly.

Not sure how much of a discount he’ll get in many leagues during the offseason, but I think he’s a great buy low opportunity if you can.

Brutal season obviously but if there is a silver lining fantasy-wise for him long term, it’s that his modest usage allowed to him come back this year somewhat slowly.

Not sure how much of a discount he’ll get in many leagues during the offseason, but I think he’s a great buy low opportunity if you can.

They need more dudes on the OL. They're terrible at every aspect - run blocking, pass pro, unit cohesiveness.

They need more dudes on the OL. They're terrible at every aspect - run blocking, pass pro, unit cohesiveness.
For sure - fixing the OL will be at or near the top of list of things to fix. They should be OK cap wise to make some splashes.

I’m sure the highly experienced OC will figure it out ;)

Any shot at a good game vs Washington this week?
He's got a shot every week and rushing matchups don't really matter because he's only been given fantasy owners 2.6 fantasy points a game as a runner since week 6.

I'm not optimistic however as I fear now that their elimination is official that in conjunction with his ACL recovery and listing on injury report the last few weeks for hamstring and ankle issues that his role is going to be scaled back if not totally eliminated for the ROS. As much as I would hate it, it's hard to justify the Jets handling it any other way then drastically reducing his workload and seeing what Izzy can offer them.

Yowza. Big game on a big day. 37.10 Half PPR. He looked good. Pulled a Tee Higgins over the pylon on a run for his second touchdown.

It was a lot of fun yesterday beating the guy who told me at the draft that Cook would be the starter…thx Breece!

Pretty matchup dependent…at CLEV next week…?
Tough matchup but I can’t sit him
My plan early last week was to sit him in a few leagues, was thinking now that they were eliminated they were going to scale back his usage. When I did *not* hear any reports of that last week I switched and put him back in. Phew!

At this point I'd not sit him against the 85 Bears but I think the key to his fantasy success is going to hinge on what has most of this seasons, his work in the passing game.

Rude matchups this week for him and this past weeks other star, Amari, that's for sure.

Last edited:
I have him in one league and Garret Wilson in another. I have no idea what to do because I'd be tempted to put in CEH if I knew that Pacheco was absolutely sitting or Zamir White if Jacobs sits. Breece's floor is super low this week, imo. I hate TNF games.

And I'm playing the CLE defense in the league I have Wilson.

Last edited:
Breece Hall in the Fantasy Championship:
  • 9 receptions
  • 126 total yards
  • TD
  • 27.6 fantasy points
I also started Njoku (19.40) and the Browns DST (19.25)

Projected 36.88
Actual 66.25

Users who are viewing this thread