What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (1 Viewer)

Fellow FBG’s:   If you are still talking about this guy in a substantive way you have no chance of winning a title this year.  

Dude was a massive bust.   Live and learn.  

Fellow FBG’s:   If you are still talking about this guy in a substantive way you have no chance of winning a title this year.  

Maybe in a straight redraft,
I’m in first place in a 12-team PPR redraft and I’m still holding this guy and hoping to be able to use him going forward. 

Nothing wrong with that. Wire is thin and my RB2 is between Howard, Collins, and Kerryon now. 

Dont generalize so quickly. 

I’m in first place in a 12-team PPR redraft and I’m still holding this guy and hoping to be able to use him going forward. 

Nothing wrong with that. Wire is thin and my RB2 is between Howard, Collins, and Kerryon now. 

Dont generalize so quickly. 
Kerryon is helping me in a lot of places too.  His injury is making me maybe have to start Collins in the flex.  :unsure:

Strange if/then. I picked him as a RB2 with upside. 

I got a RB3/BYE week guy. A bust compared to what I thought I was picking, absolutely - but the games I’ve needed him he’s been good for a TD, some yards, a few receptions. 

fortunately I also snatched up Chubb off waivers week 3, drafted James White & took a flier on AP in the later rounds. Balanced with KAllen/Diggs, Melvin Gordon and the #1 IDP corps in the league I’d say I have a very good chance. And now Peyton Barber, who was more of a bust, is showing a little life. 

In that league I’m 9-2, the #1 seed, and points leader by 133 over the next closest. 

Sometimes the RB you take in the 5th isn’t as good as the ones you take in the 9th, 12th or off waivers.

that’s the nature of this crazy game we all love. 

And frankly, folks who don’t understand that big picture approach have no chance of winning a league. ;)  

Alex Collins - RB -  Ravens

Alex Collins was added to the Ravens' injury report on Thursday, missing practice with a foot issue.

Mid-week adds are never good, but they are especially worrisome when they are "DNP" instead of "limited." Collins will need at least a limited session on Friday for a shot at a committee role against the Raiders. Gus Edwards' outlook continues to improve.

I traded for Collins in Dynasty at the start of the season. I'm a Ravens homer, and I was optimistic about him this year with the new weapons in the passing game. After 10 games, I am no longer hopeful. 

His biggest problem is that he's just a middling talent at best. I thought he had a lot of upside, but he's not good enough to overcome a rookie who looks like a much better fit for a Jackson-led offence, not to mention his tendency to lost fumbles at really bad times. He's averaged 3.6 ypc behind a decent run-blocking line. He just can't seem to make things happen, and until now his TDs were the only thing keeping him as a viable RB2/FLEX. 

I don't think he rides the bench for the rest of the season, but I think that as long as Jackson is in, Edwards will be the lead dog. He's just so much better at running the option plays that they want to run with Jackson. I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Jackson plays more than Flacco the rest of the season. 

Probably too late to sell on him, but I'm not expecting much from him in any format. 

Dixon may be back soon too
Yep. And the fact that he is still around despite being suspended, going on IR, and having three other accomplished veteran backs and a rookie who just rushed for 100 yards on the roster says something about how they view him. He was getting roughly equal snaps to Buck and Collins before he went down iirc. 

ESPN's Jamison Hensley suggests the Ravens may non-tender restricted free agent Alex Collins.

Collins regressed in an injury-filled 2018, rushing for just 411 yards (3.6 YPC) over 10 starts. He isn't going to cost much to retain, but Baltimore could move on with the late year success of Gus Edwards and Kenneth Dixon. Collins wouldn't struggle for interest as a committee back if he's allowed to walk.

Source: ESPN 

Feb 8 - 7:07 PM

Ravens waived RB Alex Collins.

Collins gets the boot just nine hours after being arrested for his involvement in a car crash Friday morning. Details regarding his arrest are still scarce, though whatever he did was obviously enough for the Ravens to wash their hands of him. Collins broke out for a team-high 973 rushing yards in 2017 but collapsed last year while losing his starting gig to undrafted rookie Gus Edwards. With Collins out of the equation, Baltimore is sure to address its backfield either in the draft or free agency. Perhaps the Ravens will be one of the teams in pursuit of Le'Veon Bell.

RELATED: 

Baltimore Ravens

SOURCE: Baltimore Ravens on Twitter

Mar 1, 2019, 1:59 PM

drunk or on drugs Im sure.....idiot....I though he always had good wiggle
Ravens soured on him overnight it felt like early in the season.  He had some fumble issues, but at the same time...you got the sense they only used him out of necessity.  And when Edwards emerged, they were more than happy to move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I added him in one league from waivers.  Why not?  We have no roster limits yet and it's a free peek.  I wouldn't pay to acquire him or anything but if it's free you may as well, stranger things have happened.  Maybe he signs with HOU and Miller sprains his tongue or something.

Free agent Alex Collins pled guilty to two misdemeanor charges stemming from his March arrest.

Collins had felony charges dropped, but he'll get probation for possession of a handgun and marijuana. He'll now be subject to the league's personal conduct policy and is facing a likely suspension. Collins is three months removed from breaking his leg and is doubtful to sign with a team this year, but he should get another shot this offseason.
Career might be over, would have to clean himself up a helluva lot to get another shot.

I saw he should be medically cleared next week from his broken leg but he has now also been suspended 3 games by the NFL from his arrest last spring. 

Does he have to be signed to serve the 3 games?  If not I'd expect an RB needy team to take a shot on him when he's available to play

Free agent RB Alex Collins is no longer suspended.

Collins is also healthy and can begin trying out for teams. It's unclear if a team will look to add him this late into the season, but Collins is arguably better than some end of the roster backs right now if he's truly healed up from his broken leg. In 2017, Collins rushed for 973 yards and eight touchdowns before having a down 2018 season.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 19, 2019, 6:13 PM ET

For those with deep benches, he is certainly worth a speculative add for a couple of weeks to see if he sticks in an interesting situation.

Just when you thought it was over...

Dolphins worked out free agent RB Alex Collins.

The team also worked out Grey Cup winner CFL backup QB Chris Streveler. It's the first we've heard from Collins since his last workout with the Seahawks in December. Just two seasons removed from leading the Ravens in rushing with 973 yards, the Dolphins are arguably the best landing spot for Collins given their leniency on low-cost upside talent.
Link - https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1222202324350881793

As far as having a vet RB to work with Laird/Gaskins/whichever top RB they draft I'm not sure Collins is the best fit (fumble issues/not a top notch pass protector), but as far as fantasy goes he'd be a good late round flyer if he makes the team as the vet #2 compliment.

ESPN's Brady Henderson reports the Seahawks are "still interested" in free agent Alex Collins.

Collins spent all of 2019 out of the league. He worked out for Seattle back in December. With Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny both coming off injuries, Collins would give the Seahawks some offseason depth.

RELATED: 

Seattle Seahawks

SOURCE: Brady Henderson on Twitter

Mar 6, 2020, 7:02 PM ET

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Seahawks plan to sign Alex Collins to the practice squad.

Chris Carson, Carlos Hyde, and Travis Homer are all dealing with injuries. 26-year-old Collins hasn't appeared in a game since 2018 and spent last year out of the league. It's a low-risk depth signing for Seattle.

- Rotoworld

Users who are viewing this thread