What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alex Collins, SEA (2 Viewers)

Sure wish I knew which games to trust in terms of Collins' passing game usage, Miami/Green Bay or Tennessee. The former gives him some nice upside. Latter squelches it.

Currently waffling between him and Perinne.  

Agree with the above that inconsistency with targets gives me pause with Collins. He did look solid last weekend even though his stats weren’t anything to get excited about. 

I think the coaching staff decided to commit to Collins during the bye week.

7 targets and Buck, while active, was phased out of the offense. Collins ran it in from the GL, while we saw the CS still getting cute with Allen in that area before the bye. Season high 20 rushes, and 27 total looks. I don't think it's a coincidence. 

They're probably bringing Woody on slowly so he'll likely absorb some of those looks but as long as Allen is not a big part of the game plan I think Collins is good for 2-5 targets a game. 7 is prob closer to the ceiling. 

Of course this could all go the crap and Harbaugh activates West while Allen gets 8 targets next week ha. We'll see. 

Last edited by a moderator:
dnurk said:

Agree with the above that inconsistency with targets gives me pause with Collins. He did look solid last weekend even though his stats weren’t anything to get excited about. 
I'd go Perine easily. He is locked into a major role and with Thompson done he should get at least some work in the passing game. Maybe not a lot but 2-3 catches on top of 15-20 carries gives him quality upside if he can deliver. There's just no way of knowing if Collins will have a role as a receiver. I know he was really active vs. the Packers with Woodhead healthy but as long as Woodhead is playing he will be a major force at RB in the passing game.

I have Perine first on my WW bid list this week with the jostling happening between Booker, Burkhead and Collins. Right now I have them ranked:

1. Booker - not a fan but he is producing, getting carries and has shown this season and last to be a solid option in the passing game. Plus the matchup this week is fantastic.

2. Burkhead - always tough trying to figure the NE backfield out but he's locked in as a receiver for sure if he's healthy so PPR RB3 value should be there most weeks giving him a relatively safe floor

3. Collins - due to the massive uncertainty about his role in the passing game. The extreme fluctuations plus Baltimore's offense being pretty terrible has me skittish. If I knew for sure the Miami/GB usage was locked in he'd be No. 1 on my list because I've been far more impressed with him as a runner than I have been with Perine (though Perine did look good vs. the Saints).

Just saw that Collins scored really well in PFF's weekly grades this week. Here's the blurb:

Flex O – RB Alex Collins, Baltimore Ravens

PFF Grade: 86.6

Elite Stat: Alex Collins broke five tackles on 24 touches this week.

The raw numbers don’t make for pleasant reading for the Baltimore Ravens’ running game this week against the Green Bay Packers. Alex Collins carried the ball 20 times and gained just 49 yards, but 45 of his 49 yards came after contact, and he was forced to consistently make moves just to gain positive yardage. He also chipped in with four receptions for 22 yards out of the backfield.

It was really an impressive performance, despite Stanley being out.

dnurk said:

At this point I'm starting A. Collins and D. Lewis :bag:
Currently have Perine at RB2 and Collins at FLEX over D.Lewis, D.Thomas, and Kupp.

dnurk said:

Gonna go with Perine over Collins this week mostly on volume. Perine did look more decisive last week but that’s a bit of a mirage as the Redskins trap game was opening up gaping holes last week. Samaje only caught 40 oases in 36 games at OU. Marshall is not gonna to learn the CT role in 2 practices so I think for this week he’s a safe play.

But I think AC is a good choice this week as well because I don’t think they’ll be a lot of points scored by either side on MNF.

Gonna go with Perine over Collins this week mostly on volume. Perine did look more decisive last week but that’s a bit of a mirage as the Redskins trap game was opening up gaping holes last week. Samaje only caught 40 oases in 36 games at OU. Marshall is not gonna to learn the CT role in 2 practices so I think for this week he’s a safe play.

But I think AC is a good choice this week as well because I don’t think they’ll be a lot of points scored by either side on MNF.
I went Perine over Collins in non-PPR.  Perine is the only mouth to feed so he will get his volume and he did wel with it last week.  I think Collins will depend on game flow and there’s others in that backfield that could get touches.  Perine seems to be the safer bet this week.  

Just saw that Collins scored really well in PFF's weekly grades this week. Here's the blurb:

Flex O – RB Alex Collins, Baltimore Ravens

PFF Grade: 86.6

Elite Stat: Alex Collins broke five tackles on 24 touches this week.

The raw numbers don’t make for pleasant reading for the Baltimore Ravens’ running game this week against the Green Bay Packers. Alex Collins carried the ball 20 times and gained just 49 yards, but 45 of his 49 yards came after contact, and he was forced to consistently make moves just to gain positive yardage. He also chipped in with four receptions for 22 yards out of the backfield.

It was really an impressive performance, despite Stanley being out.
Great post - thanks for sharing this! Actually, lots of good info in this thread overall. Much obliged. 

Good post although the reason the line was opening holes is because they are mostly healthy now. Not a mirage. 

Offensive Snaps

4-A.Collins BAL RB 38 64%

37-J.Allen BAL RB 10 17%

39-D.Woodhead BAL RB 13 22%

Sitting Collins this week, Woodhead's snap count will probably double and take away Collins' sudden receiving bounty. Houston's D isn't too shabby against the run and Houston can put up points on the board, so I don't see this as an situation where Collins can grind behind a big lead like in GB. 

Offensive Snaps

4-A.Collins BAL RB 38 64%

37-J.Allen BAL RB 10 17%

39-D.Woodhead BAL RB 13 22%

Sitting Collins this week, Woodhead's snap count will probably double and take away Collins' sudden receiving bounty. Houston's D isn't too shabby against the run and Houston can put up points on the board, so I don't see this as an situation where Collins can grind behind a big lead like in GB. 
As a Houston homer. HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA. This will be a great game script for Collins. Starting with confidence.

Let me clarify... Nuk Hopkins can put up points on the board. Really did good work on Peterson last week. 
Yeah Peterson without Palmer is kind of a disaster. I honestly don't think Collins snap count will go down. I see Woodhead eating into Buck Allen's snaps. Ravens pass defense is one of the best in the NFL right now. Collins is looking at 20 touches this week imo.

I honestly don't think Collins snap count will go down. I see Woodhead eating into Buck Allen's snaps. Ravens pass defense is one of the best in the NFL right now. Collins is looking at 20 touches this week imo.
I hope so... Flacco and the coaching philosophy are Collins' biggest threats now, I worry if Houston gets an early TD Flacco starts chucking the rock 40+ times.

I would be shocked if the game script didn't favor A. Collins and the Ravens.  The Texans are much worse on the road than at home and the only road game they played without Watson they got killed by the Rams 33-7.  Now, favorable game script doesn't necessarily mean certain production, but this is the most confident I have been in Collins' situation all year.

For me, Collins just passed Alfred Morris on my RB hierarchy. Dallas O right now doesn't know what to do on offense, and at least right now Collins doesn't have any threats to his carry workload (WTF happened to Allen?). Will start him over Morris next week.

What do you guys think about him tomorrow? I'm down 6 in half ppr and have to choose between him and Wallace. Wish the matchup was better. 

I don't see Wallace having more upside than Collins. He has big play ability but hasn't had a massive game this year and Collins also appears to have legit big play potential along with likely much higher volume.

Seems Collins is just hitting stride in the Baltimore offense, it feels like exactly the wrong time to bench him now.

What are people expecting from A. Collins tonight?? 80+ Yards and a TD would be nice!
23-114-1 & 3 receptions for 51

Oh wait, that’s Mixon on mah bench, never mind 

15-73 & 2-18 sounds about right

Last week he outrushed Woodhead 20-1 and targets were 7-6; Danny won’t be limited to 13 snaps this week so that’s all I’m really interested in (have the W locked up, need around 25-26 from AC & the BAL DST to take high score of the week honors.)

I'm keeping expectations in check. Houston run D is legit, and Woodhead's continued reintegration into the offense makes it a very unpredictable situation.

I'm hopelessly behind in this week's match-up, plus I own Woodhead, so what I want more than anything tonight is clarity going forward.

Lisa Salters just did a piece on the Irish Dancer.

He says the team has been working on an team Irish dance celebration for his next td so he can laugh at his teammates.

Now I REALLY hope he scores tonight 

:lmao:

Oof what a disaster. I needed 6 freaking points from this guy to not be knocked out of the playoffs and he'll be lucky to get 6 yards. 

Users who are viewing this thread