What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Random funny/fascinating/cool/odd stuff: Study finds HUGS can relieve pain, anxiety, and depression (1 Viewer)

Phenylephrine — found in drugs including Sudafed PE, Vicks Nyquil Sinex Nighttime Sinus Relief and Benadryl Allergy Plus Congestion — is the most popular oral decongestant in the United States, generating almost $1.8 billion in sales last year, according to data presented Monday by FDA officials.
I could have told FDA this years ago. I really don't understand how consumers themselves continued to buy the nothing remedy. Thank god they still offer advil cold & sinus behind the counter.

Those of us with seasonal allergies have known this for a long time. Glad we can all share a little chuckle at the fact that the people in charge of drug approvals in the US are manifestly incompetent at their jobs. What are the odds that we would have a major healthcare crisis that requires real technical expertise?

According to article - pseudoephedrine does work? or did I misread that
I didn't read the article. Phenylephrine is confirmed to not work. Like @IvanKaramazov said many suspected all along. @caustic is the Sudafed sold behind the counter not the same stuff as what was around in the 80s?

Pseudoephedrine does work, it's the only thing on the market that seems to work for me.

Sudafed sold behind the counter not the same stuff as what was around in the 80s?
Yeah, it is the same stuff. Now, they have some "new versions" that are combinations of PSE (or regular ephedrine) plus other active drugs, but anything with pseudo in it is supposed to be behind the counter, where you have to present an ID to buy it. Here in LA, that started, idk ~15 yrs or so ago. It gets input into the NPLEX database, same as when you buy prescribed controlled substances (which may have started at or around the same time, not sure on that). I remember people coming into my dad's pharmacy prior to that system being in place and buying several big boxes of Sudafed "for grandma."

“If I have one microphone a foot away from me, and another microphone two feet away, my voice will arrive at the microphone that’s a foot away first. If someone else is closer to the microphone that’s two feet away, their voice will arrive there first,” says co-lead author Tuochao Chen, a doctoral student in the Allen School. “We developed neural networks that use these time-delayed signals to separate what each person is saying and track their positions in a space. So you can have four people having two conversations and isolate any of the four voices and locate each of the voices in a room.”
https://www.futurity.org/smart-speaker-mutes-parts-of-room-2977772-2/

“If I have one microphone a foot away from me, and another microphone two feet away, my voice will arrive at the microphone that’s a foot away first. If someone else is closer to the microphone that’s two feet away, their voice will arrive there first,” says co-lead author Tuochao Chen, a doctoral student in the Allen School. “We developed neural networks that use these time-delayed signals to separate what each person is saying and track their positions in a space. So you can have four people having two conversations and isolate any of the four voices and locate each of the voices in a room.”
https://www.futurity.org/smart-speaker-mutes-parts-of-room-2977772-2/
Trying to picture inmy head...seems that they would get you at one of two possible locations unless you werestanding onthe line between them

According to article - pseudoephedrine does work? or did I misread that
I didn't read the article. Phenylephrine is confirmed to not work. Like @IvanKaramazov said many suspected all along. @caustic is the Sudafed sold behind the counter not the same stuff as what was around in the 80s?

Pseudoephedrine does work, it's the only thing on the market that seems to work for me.
As an Optometrist, we used to use phenyephrine as part of our dilation drops. Once they started using it as a replacement for pseudoephedrine, the price of Phenyl shot up taking the 15ml bottle from 25 per to 125 per. Needless to say, we don't use it to dilate patients anymore.

Very seldom used, if a team does a fair catch, they have the option of a free kick. The free kick can result in a field goal. The yardage in this clip was 40 yards, not 47. Not sure on the rules of formation, but this field goal counted.
Interesting. How does this work? They have to declare ahead of time they are fair catching, so then it is a "free kick" and if it goes through the uprights it's a FG?

Phenylephrine — found in drugs including Sudafed PE, Vicks Nyquil Sinex Nighttime Sinus Relief and Benadryl Allergy Plus Congestion — is the most popular oral decongestant in the United States, generating almost $1.8 billion in sales last year, according to data presented Monday by FDA officials.
I could have told FDA this years ago. I really don't understand how consumers themselves continued to buy the nothing remedy. Thank god they still offer advil cold & sinus behind the counter.

I just wrote a case summary memo on this case for work. The FDA began evaluating this in 2007. So glad they expedited their review.

Very seldom used, if a team does a fair catch, they have the option of a free kick. The free kick can result in a field goal. The yardage in this clip was 40 yards, not 47. Not sure on the rules of formation, but this field goal counted.
Interesting. How does this work? They have to declare ahead of time they are fair catching, so then it is a "free kick" and if it goes through the uprights it's a FG?
My understanding is any time you make a fair catch you have the option of a free kick on the next play. I guess you tell the ref you want to do the free kick...and apparently you can use a tee. You just need to execute the fair catch-don't have to declare anything. Seldom used because the fair catch usually occurs on the other side of midfield. I have actually ever seen it occur.

Belichick may have tried to call it once.

One other crazy time, I think a team up by one punted from their own end zone with a few seconds left, and it was fair caught at midfield. Maybe it was the Raiders, figured their best shot was to attempt a 75+ yard field goal. Nowhere close.

When Madden was announcing, he was pushing teams to do this. The team can free kick at the spot of the fair catch, the defense has to stand 10 yards back and if the kick goes through the goalposts, it is a field goal. And the team can do this if the clock reads 0:00.

Last edited:
I have so many questions.

A guy got locked inside a vault in NYC. The fire department came out and began to cut through the 30 inches of concrete to free the man. They stopped when they got to the metal because they were afraid they would kill them with their tools. The vault then opened on its own at 7am based on its timer and the man was just fine.

A. Wasn’t there someone that could override the timed lock and open the vault?
B. Why in the world did they cut through the concrete if they knew they couldn’t cut through the metal safely?
C. Why would they cut through anything if the guy had plenty of oxygen and there was a timer that would open the door in the morning anyway?

A guy got locked inside a vault in NYC. The fire department came out and began to cut through the 30 inches of concrete to free the man. They stopped when they got to the metal because they were afraid they would kill them with their tools. The vault then opened on its own at 7am based on its timer and the man was just fine.

B. Why in the world did they cut through the concrete if they knew they couldn’t cut through the metal safely?
C. Why would they cut through anything if the guy had plenty of oxygen and there was a timer that would open the door in the morning anyway?
I would have been concerned about the possibility of asbestos exposure.

I would have been concerned about the possibility of asbestos exposure.
I would think that you wouldn’t need asbestos in a safe design that includes 30 inches of concrete around it, but who knows. Depending on the age, they sure did love throwing the old magic mineral in everything at one point,

My understanding is any time you make a fair catch you have the option of a free kick on the next play. I guess you tell the ref you want to do the free kick...and apparently you can use a tee. You just need to execute the fair catch-don't have to declare anything. Seldom used because the fair catch usually occurs on the other side of midfield. I have actually ever seen it occur.
NFL - no tee allowed

NFL - no tee allowed

And it can be returned.

Users who are viewing this thread