What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Randall Cobb Knee Injury, looks serious (1 Viewer)

If Cobb and Jones are both expected to miss extended time, the Packers should give Donald Driver a call. One last run for a Lombardi by Double D,
Broken leg--not nearly as bad as an ACL. From a dynasty perspective, I am relieved because this should have no lasting impact. From a redraft perspective, I am trying to decide if he is cuttable now or not. 6-8 weeks is a long time to carry someone if you have a short bench.

On another note, I watched the play several time and it IS a dirty hit. I am a Vikings fan and not inclined to blindly support Packers, but the guy goes for his legs leading with his helmet. He has time to make a standard tackle. And he makes no attempt to wrap up and use his arms--just dives at his legs with his helmet. It's a lame attempt at a tackle and highly likely to injure.

If Cobb and Jones are both expected to miss extended time, the Packers should give Donald Driver a call. One last run for a Lombardi by Double D,
Broken leg--not nearly as bad as an ACL. From a dynasty perspective, I am relieved because this should have no lasting impact. From a redraft perspective, I am trying to decide if he is cuttable now or not. 6-8 weeks is a long time to carry someone if you have a short bench.On another note, I watched the play several time and it IS a dirty hit. I am a Vikings fan and not inclined to blindly support Packers, but the guy goes for his legs leading with his helmet. He has time to make a standard tackle. And he makes no attempt to wrap up and use his arms--just dives at his legs with his helmet. It's a lame attempt at a tackle and highly likely to injure.
Reminded me a lot of Al Harris' hit on Peterson a few years ago. Clearly unnecessary.

ROYALWITCHEESE said:
Broken leg--not nearly as bad as an ACL. From a dynasty perspective, I am relieved because this should have no lasting impact. From a redraft perspective, I am trying to decide if he is cuttable now or not. 6-8 weeks is a long time to carry someone if you have a short bench.On another note, I watched the play several time and it IS a dirty hit. I am a Vikings fan and not inclined to blindly support Packers, but the guy goes for his legs leading with his helmet. He has time to make a standard tackle. And he makes no attempt to wrap up and use his arms--just dives at his legs with his helmet. It's a lame attempt at a tackle and highly likely to injure.
Reminded me a lot of Al Harris' hit on Peterson a few years ago. Clearly unnecessary.
Yes! I agree. I get upset with some of the unnecessary roughness calls for hits on QBs when the DE has no time to pull back. But there was plenty of time here to make a clean tackle with his arms and wrap up.

A source tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Randall Cobb fractured his right fibula in Week 6 against the Ravens, and will be sidelined 6-8 weeks.

ESPN earlier reported the "expectation" was Cobb would only miss two games, but the Journal-Sentinel's Ty Dunne is disputing that story. Per Dunne, Cobb "nearly broke the fibula entirely," and coach Mike McCarthy confirmed in Monday's press conference Cobb would miss "multiple weeks." Dunne tweeted that his source is "adamant" this is a 6-8 week injury, and not something Cobb could return from in a matter of a few games. Fantasy owners can hang on for a more definitive timetable, but it's going to be hard to keep Cobb rostered if the Journal-Sentinel's report proves true. Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley, and to a lesser extent James Jones get fantasy box-score boosts. Oct 14 - 6:05 PM
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinelhttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6497/randall-cobb

rotoworld is really good. I would take their word

would really like to get something confirmed, right now we just have sources reporting 2 different things.
Speak for yourself. I'm enjoying people not reading the thread, then posting the exact same text 20 times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reggie Bush was estimated to be out for 6 weeks with a similiar injury in 2010. He missed 8 full weeks and barely played his first week back.

A source tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Randall Cobb fractured his right fibula in Week 6 against the Ravens, and will be sidelined 6-8 weeks.

ESPN earlier reported the "expectation" was Cobb would only miss two games, but the Journal-Sentinel's Ty Dunne is disputing that story. Per Dunne, Cobb "nearly broke the fibula entirely," and coach Mike McCarthy confirmed in Monday's press conference Cobb would miss "multiple weeks." Dunne tweeted that his source is "adamant" this is a 6-8 week injury, and not something Cobb could return from in a matter of a few games. Fantasy owners can hang on for a more definitive timetable, but it's going to be hard to keep Cobb rostered if the Journal-Sentinel's report proves true. Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley, and to a lesser extent James Jones get fantasy box-score boosts. Oct 14 - 6:05 PM
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinelhttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6497/randall-cobb

rotoworld is really good. I would take their word

would really like to get something confirmed, right now we just have sources reporting 2 different things.
Speak for yourself. I'm enjoying people not reading the thread, then posting the exact same text 20 times.
Bunch of whiny girls in this thread. I cited two different sources within the same page and I'm the bad guy? Sorry I don't have time to read 100+ posts on a player I do not own. Was just trying to help you guys out/contribute to the board. Sue me

Well Cobb is officially on IR with designation. Probably safe to drop him in redraft leagues right? Even if he's back for the fantasy playoffs, he may not do much on the field.

yeah kind of need an opinion on this - when is he eligible to return to game action week 15?
Correct - players placed on IR- designated to return have to miss eight games. They are eligible to return to practice after the 6th game missed. So Cobb can return week 15.

Anyone hanging onto him in redrafts?

I'm more worried about someone picking him up, and then facing that team in the fantasy playoffs than I am about simply not having him.

I'm more worried about someone picking him up, and then facing that team in the fantasy playoffs than I am about simply not having him.
Per short-term IR rules he's not eligible until week 15. Does anyone think he could possibly come flying out of the gate in two months after breaking a leg? He's not going to even be able to work out while it is healing. That's a long time off for a guy who relies on his legs/shiftiness more than his body.

Nobody is starting him his first week back regardless so you're looking at best case starting him week 16 IF you get to your championship. All of that to use a roster spot for the next 10 weeks? No thanks.

To me, he's 100% droppable and a waste of a roster spot if you do keep him.

Per short-term IR rules he's not eligible until week 15. Does anyone think he could possibly come flying out of the gate in two months after breaking a leg? He's not going to even be able to work out while it is healing. That's a long time off for a guy who relies on his legs/shiftiness more than his body.

Nobody is starting him his first week back regardless so you're looking at best case starting him week 16 IF you get to your championship. All of that to use a roster spot for the next 10 weeks? No thanks.

To me, he's 100% droppable and a waste of a roster spot if you do keep him.
Most of that makes sense, but the part I will dispute slightly is the bolded.

They know his game is based on elusiveness. If he's ready to play, he's ready to play.

:2cents:

Users who are viewing this thread