What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Randall Cobb Knee Injury, looks serious (1 Viewer)

Reminder: do not draft Randall Cobb unless you want to lose your league.
Are you seriously going to claim you don't have an agenda here ? While there seems to be a lingering bicep inj here, there is no concrete evidence that it's going to have a major impact on his 2013 season. It strikes me as though you are purposely trying to drive down his price as maybe a lot of your league members read the FBG boards?

Been struggling with what to make of Cobb's injury. Asked a few orthopedic surgeons about it.

My thoughts on their consensus opinion here.
Great info...while speculative...goes into much better details than we have heard and from people who know what they are talking about.
Solid backtrack there.
Have not backtracked a bit. These people have the right backgrounds...admit its speculation. Unlike say...some internet guy who was claiming partial tears.

It's an injury that is often treated without surgery, but the surgeons I spoke with think either a partial or full tear is unlikely in this case. All felt that the team would have shut him down for a period of time, especially in the preseason, with a partial tear. And the pain and associated bleeding associated with a full tear would have taken 2-4 weeks of rest to subside.
Then again...you also claim I am just emotional about him...yet can't explain why you made that accusation.

When a player like Cobb says they are going to have to play through pain, it's a red flag. Hakeem Nicks had similar quotes last year about playing through pain and it didn't turn out well.

^^ I think there's a huge difference between leg injuries and a biceps issue.
There is, but I think durability questions need to be factored into his valuation at this point. He didn't miss any games last year, but he was in-and-out of a lot of them. Dude's tough as nails, but given his role and noting how often he is playing through pain I question how effective he'll be with an increased workload...or if he can repeat last year's. Given his current price, looking more and more like I'm passing on him this year.

Been struggling with what to make of Cobb's injury. Asked a few orthopedic surgeons about it.

awesome stuff
Excellent work. For the Packers sake, I hope he is minimally affected.
I like how you call this excellent work, when it basically says your belief that Cobb had a torn bicep tendon was a bunch of crap. Nice job backtracking.
Never happened. Please link.

awesome stuff
I like how you call this excellent work, when it basically says your belief that Cobb had a torn bicep tendon was a bunch of crap. Nice job backtracking.
Don't know what u r talking about. Please link.

awesome stuff
When the injury happened on the 6th, I listed multiple options as to what the possibilities were. I never said it was one specific thing. Please link to where I stated that he had a torn bicep tendon.

Read above in this thread. I said he has Biceps Tendonitis, which is exactly the conclusion of Bramel and the surgeons he consulted.

awesome stuff
When the injury happened on the 6th, I listed multiple options as to what the possibilities were. I never said it was one specific thing. Please link to where I stated that he had a torn bicep tendon. Read above in this thread. I said he has Biceps Tendonitis, which is exactly the conclusion of Bramel and the surgeons he consulted.
I asked for a link.

awesome stuff
When the injury happened on the 6th, I listed multiple options as to what the possibilities were. I never said it was one specific thing. Please link to where I stated that he had a torn bicep tendon. Read above in this thread. I said he has Biceps Tendonitis, which is exactly the conclusion of Bramel and the surgeons he consulted.
I asked for a link.
Link

When a player like Cobb says they are going to have to play through pain, it's a red flag. Hakeem Nicks had similar quotes last year about playing through pain and it didn't turn out well.
its promising that he practicing with it. Must not be that bad.

awesome stuff
I asked for a link.
Link
Well played Sir

awesome stuff
I asked for a link.
Link
Still backtracking, I see.

awesome stuff
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=685386&st=0

You spent this whole thread warning us he probably had a bicep tear, how it sucked when you had a bicep tear, giving us the time he would miss for each type of tear, warning us many times to not draft him or we'd ruin our season, and the GB can easily hide the fact that he had a tear.

its promising that he practicing with it. Must not be that bad.
Nicks practiced with pain too. A lot of players do. But you can't play at 100% with severe pain and it doesn't matter how many painkillers you take. And that's what concerns me about Cobb. Because if he has tendonitis, he could be limited by pain all season long. I'm sure he'll tough his way through it and it may clear up in a couple of weeks, but I would rather draft a different WR at his ADP that is pain free and not injured to start the season.

awesome stuff

You spent this whole thread warning us he probably had a bicep tear, how it sucked when you had a bicep tear, giving us the time he would miss for each type of tear, warning us many times to not draft him or we'd ruin our season, and the GB can easily hide the fact that he had a tear.
Again, not what happened. Thanks for the terrible overview. I gave options on possibilities, not all included a tear. I searched the entire thread for the word "probably" and it had no results.

Don't draft Randall Cobb if you want to win your league.

It would be nice to see DJ Williams get more looks but he hasn't done much but wrestle cows so far.

awesome stuff

Again, not what happened. Thanks for the terrible overview. I gave options on possibilities, not all included a tear. I searched the entire thread for the word "probably" and it had no results.

Don't draft Randall Cobb if you want to win your league.
Dude, you are really hurting your credibility and reputation with these Cobb posts. Man up to your mistake and it's all good. Nobody is perfect around here, but I can tell you right now that while the members of this board will look past the occasional bad call, they will never forgive or respect you if you continue to insult their intelligence with posts like this.

Injury aside, I consider Cobb to be in the second tier of receivers with Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Victor Cruz, Roddy White, and Vincent Jackson. I have a feeling I'm going to have a shot at him at the turn of round 2/3. Does this lingering biceps injury drop him below the other guys mentioned, IYO?

Injury aside, I consider Cobb to be in the second tier of receivers with Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Victor Cruz, Roddy White, and Vincent Jackson. I have a feeling I'm going to have a shot at him at the turn of round 2/3. Does this lingering biceps injury drop him below the other guys mentioned, IYO?
For me it definitely does. Bramel's latest article discussing injury situations recommended dropping him to the Nicks/Bowe area in the rankings IIRC.

Dude, you are really hurting your credibility and reputation with these Cobb posts. Man up to your mistake and it's all good. Nobody is perfect around here, but I can tell you right now that while the members of this board will look past the occasional bad call, they will never forgive or respect you if you continue to insult their intelligence with posts like this.
Except that my call was spot on, so your post makes no sense.

Except that my call was spot on, so your post makes no sense.
If you are not a politician, you should be.

Looked like a slight hyperextension forced by the blow to the anterior knee, albeit a violent hyperext. I'm going to hypothesize 3-4 weeks. I think he may have escaped cruciate damage, based on the position of his knee in freeze frames. But it's all just speculation until the MRI, which I'm sure is already scheduled...

Such a dangerous play. Receiver looking bad for the ball and a defender going full force at your knees. Makes me cringe every time.

ROYALWITCHEESE said:
Looked like a slight hyperextension forced by the blow to the anterior knee, albeit a violent hyperext. I'm going to hypothesize 3-4 weeks. I think he may have escaped cruciate damage, based on the position of his knee in freeze frames. But it's all just speculation until the MRI, which I'm sure is already scheduled...
It's the Packers, there are no 3-4 week injuries.

we'll know more tomorrow but maybe good news... as in could return this yr

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Randall Cobb (knee) will undergo an MRI on Monday, but that early indications are it "may not be a major injury."

"Early indications" and "may" are cautious qualifiers, but it's still good news. Teammate Jordy Nelson also hinted Cobb's injury may not be as severe as it looked. Of course, even something "minor" like a sprained MCL would cost Cobb somewhere in the range of 4-6 weeks. For now, hold your breath. Cobb's status will be updated no later than Monday afternoon.

a 4-6 week injury would be a bad thing for me. Own him in a shallow best ball league, and simply can't hold too many injured guys that long :(

(In same league, lost Shorts today after waiting out injuries to Bell, Amendola, Bush and now also Stevie Johnson) Losing my mind in that league

what a tool infested thread this is....
thanks for sharing,

anyway

A source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter that the early reports on Randall Cobb's right knee are "good."
"He'll be OK," the source said. It sounds like Cobb has avoided any kind of serious ligament tear, but we still can't rule out a sprain. The play-making slot man was unable to return to the game after Ravens S Matt Elam hit him after a 15-yard completion in the second quarter. He was also spotted on crutches. The Packers said they would update Cobb's status Monday afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread