What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kyle Allen, HOU (4 Viewers)

When the Panthers signed Walker, I thought in my head, some team should throw a 7th rounder out and see if they can snag Will Grier. 

This makes me think Tua is not the pick at #2, and something should happen before the draft with Alex Smith, who is another QB I'd be interested in on the cheap, with health provisions in the trade/contract.
About the only WAS can do with A Smith is forward his entire contract hit to this year.  So rather than a cap hit of $21M this year they could essentially end his employment and take a cap hit of $32M.  It would be an interesting move.  They'd free up $11M extra in 2021 and $5M extra in 2022.  It's something many thought should have been done last year.

When the Panthers signed Walker, I thought in my head, some team should throw a 7th rounder out and see if they can snag Will Grier. 

This makes me think Tua is not the pick at #2, and something should happen before the draft with Alex Smith, who is another QB I'd be interested in on the cheap, with health provisions in the trade/contract.
Chase young is possibly the easiest #2 pick ever. 

I actually don't mind the deal, Ron knows Allen and I guess he thinks he's a decent backup to Haskins.

Yeah, okay.  I don't necessarily agree about barkely. RBs just aren't worth that much. Plus they could have had Nelson, who is probably more valuable still. 
I was half kidding man.  Young is the best edge prospect I have seen since Clowney.  A gift for a coach like Rivera at #2.

Kyle Allen said he expects to compete for the Redskins' starting job. 

"I think the expectation is to come in and compete for the job," was Allen's exact quote. "I think that's an awesome opportunity." It's an easy sentiment to mock, but it is also the mindset Allen and all backup quarterbacks must possess. Coming off an extremely rocky rookie year, Dwayne Haskins will be under center Week 1, but it is possible Allen could be on speed dial early in the year. Allen did not have the looks of a future starter in 2019, instead appearing to be a head-above-water No. 2. That has value. 

SOURCE: Richmond Times-Dispatch 

Mar 31, 2020, 5:00 PM ET

Fully expecting Alex Smith to be starting really soon. Kyle Allen is an awful QB, and that was with the league's best RB, 2 solid WR's, decent TE's, and an ok OL in Carolina. McLaurin is better than any Carolina WR is, but Washington is otherwise universally less talented across the board.

Washington QB Kyle Allen was knocked out of Football Team's Week 5 game against the Rams, replaced by Alex Smith. 

Sprinting to the sideline late in the second quarter, Jalen Ramsey leveled a helmet-to-helmet hit against the quarterback. Allen left under his own power and Alex Smith, who hasn't played since November 2018, entered the ballgame, completing a remarkable comeback from a devastating leg injury. 

RELATED: 

Alex Smith

Oct 11, 2020, 2:16 PM ET

Washington QB Kyle Allen (arm) will remain the team's starter in Week 6 against the Giants. 

Allen left the Football Team's Week 5 game against the Rams just before the two-minute warning in the first half following a shot from Jalen Ramsey. He was apparently kept out of the second half out of an "abundance of caution," according to ESPN's John Keim. Alex Smith, completing his comeback from a major 2018 leg injury, struggled against the Rams, sacked six times and pressured throughout the second half. Allen under center for Washington is probably good news for Terry McLaurin. 

RELATED: 

Terry McLaurin

, Alex Smith

SOURCE: John Keim on Twitter 

Oct 12, 2020, 9:20 AM ET

NBC Washington's JP Finlay reports Kyle Allen (arm) has been "medically cleared" to start Week 6 against the Giants.

Allen is practicing after sitting out the second half of last week's game. There wasn't much doubt over his status, but it's good to see him get cleared early. Allen isn't more than a back-end streaming option. The Giants secondary has been better than expected this year.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Washington

Oct 14, 2020, 10:32 AM ET

Washington QB Kyle Allen could have surgery on his dislocated ankle, ending his season. 

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler said Allen is "trending" toward missing the rest of the 2020 season after suffering a horrific injury Sunday against the Giants. The Football Team won't know Allen's long-term prospects until he has surgery though. Alex Smith will start for Washington for as long as Allen is out; Dwayne Haskins could move up to backup quarterback, though it's hard to overemphasize how much the franchise has soured on its former starter. Smith should have been picked up in superflex leagues before Allen's injury, but if he's still on the waiver wire, he should be a priority for QB-needy managers this week. 

RELATED: 

Alex Smith

, Dwayne Haskins

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter 

Nov 9, 2020, 9:47 AM ET

Washington QB Kyle Allen will undergo season-ending ankle surgery.

Allen instilled hope in Washington's playoff odds the past few games but the team will now be forced to turn to Alex Smith for the rest of the year; Dwayne Haskins is expected to be activated as Smith's backup. Albeit a disappointing loss, Allen's absence shouldn't deter the team from going for broke since the organization remains only one game back from the Eagles for the divisional lead. Terry McLaurin has fortunately proved to be quarterback-proof for fantasy through 22 career games.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 9, 2020, 1:41 PM ET

Texans QB Kyle Allen will start in Week 12 against the Dolphins.​

Texans offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton told reporters the change hasn't happened, but no one on the scene believed his weak attempt at gamesmanship. Davis Mills has been one of the NFL's worst, most inaccurate quarterbacks over the past couple of months. The Texans are ready to pretend Allen is an upgrade over Mills for the next week or so. Allen has started 17 games over the past three seasons, completing 63.1 percent of his passes for 24 touchdowns and 17 interceptions. He should not be streamed in any format this week against Miami.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Nov 23, 2022, 12:59 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread