What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Aaron Rodgers, NYJ (1 Viewer)

You want Rodgers to feel comfortable and see value of bringing in a WR who knows the system but I know if I was a Jets fan I'd sure prefer to see Rodgers wanting to put in the work, starting about when he signs, with developing a rapport with the younger more talented WR's on the team. Something he failed to do last off-season with Doubs and Watson, don't think he worked out with them at all till he showed up for camp.

Maybe he'll be different this time but bringing in Lazard and Cobb make me dubious.

You want Rodgers to feel comfortable and see value of bringing in a WR who knows the system but I know if I was a Jets fan I'd sure prefer to see Rodgers wanting to put in the work, starting about when he signs, with developing a rapport with the younger more talented WR's on the team. Something he failed to do last off-season with Doubs and Watson, don't think he worked out with them at all till he showed up for camp.

Maybe he'll be different this time but bringing in Lazard and Cobb make me dubious.
I don't see it. He's not a humble guy, and wants to streamline things. I feel its a long shot of him doing stuff like:

Working offsite with new WR's/inviting them on a "rapport" party
Showing up earlier than is required to help build chemistry
Not dictating who the WR's he will be working with

And lets not forget the NY media is expecting very big things if they get him. They won't be nearly as soft on him as that mini market in Wisconsin.

Anyone else thinking the jets are going to implode next year or in 24?
Anything is possible but I would not bet on that. If they survived Zach Wilson they can survive Aaron Rodgers.

Are we sure about this? 🤔
I’m sure the Jets will be better with Rodgers than with Wilson. I’d be willing to make a wager on it.
We’ll, they’d probably be a hell of a lot more entertaining on the way to the :tfp:

Anything is possible but I would not bet on that. If they survived Zach Wilson they can survive Aaron Rodgers.

I’m sure the Jets will be better with Rodgers than with Wilson. I’d be willing to make a wager on it.
We’ll, they’d probably be a hell of a lot more entertaining on the way to the :tfp:
Want to put some money down?

I'm so ambivalent on this, and so haven't been following. Is Rodgers a Jet or is he just stringing them along and squeezing them for every concession (Randall Fricken' Cobb!)? It reeks of desperation, which makes it a classic Jets move. Surround him with his veteran guys and abandon young talent. Make a playoff run or two. After this one, maybe two, year period, everyone leaves or is fired and the team has to "rebuild" and dig out from a salary cap hole.

It's so predictable and unsustainable, but the only thing the Jets have been able to sustain is losing so I guess we enjoy the ride now and pay for it later. Such a terrible franchise.

I'm so ambivalent on this, and so haven't been following. Is Rodgers a Jet or is he just stringing them along and squeezing them for every concession (Randall Fricken' Cobb!)? It reeks of desperation, which makes it a classic Jets move. Surround him with his veteran guys and abandon young talent. Make a playoff run or two. After this one, maybe two, year period, everyone leaves or is fired and the team has to "rebuild" and dig out from a salary cap hole.

It's so predictable and unsustainable, but the only thing the Jets have been able to sustain is losing so I guess we enjoy the ride now and pay for it later. Such a terrible franchise.
Rodgers has basically forced the Jets into desperation mode. They came into the offseason knowing their biggest need was a veteran QB but now there's basically nobody left except Rodgers. They pretty much have to give into whatever demands he has.

This guy :lmao:

Aaron Rodgers Has Provided Jets With Wishlist Of Specific Free Agents He Wants Them To Aquire​

Aaron Rodgers has provided the NY Jets with a wish-list of free agents he would like them to target and acquire, per sources.

It includes Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Marcedes Lewis and….Odell Beckham Jr.

Rodgers has basically forced the Jets into desperation mode. They came into the offseason knowing their biggest need was a veteran QB but now there's basically nobody left except Rodgers. They pretty much have to give into whatever demands he has.
Exactly. The team has no leverage, except the ability to walk away and go 3-14.

The Jets are desperate. The Packers know they're desperate. They don't have to trade Rodgers just because the Jets need him. They don't have to do anything quickly because we all want to talk about it. They don't have to be reasonable either.

As a Zach Wilson dynasty owner, Jets can walk away if they want.

As a Moore and Wilson WRs dynasty owner, please don't.
I hate to say it but I think the ship has already sailed on Zach. Those other 2 really could use an upgrade at QB. As Meatloaf used to say, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
I was excited about Rodgers, for Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore. Now that Rodgers is doing this stuff, I'm not sure.

😆 no. I have enough money tied up in my own drama. And I’ll enjoy watching from afar. :popcorn:

😆 no. I have enough money tied up in my own drama. And I’ll enjoy watching from afar. :popcorn:
thought so

As a Zach Wilson dynasty owner, Jets can walk away if they want.

As a Moore and Wilson WRs dynasty owner, please don't.
I hate to say it but I think the ship has already sailed on Zach. Those other 2 really could use an upgrade at QB. As Meatloaf used to say, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
I was excited about Rodgers, for Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore. Now that Rodgers is doing this stuff, I'm not sure.
Yeah and we know Wilson was excited yesterday thinking this happened but this might be in the careful what you wish for department.

Anything less than, "I am excited to work with Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore" should be a disqualifying statement. This guy is not, never was, and never will be Tom Brady. If you are Tom Brady, you can make your demands and not come off as a total dipshit. When you haven't won anything of note since 2011, ask for the guys you have lost with for the last couple of years, rather than the young, talented group of guys on the team courting you.... well good luck to the team who gives in to those demands.

Anything less than, "I am excited to work with Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore" should be a disqualifying statement. This guy is not, never was, and never will be Tom Brady. If you are Tom Brady, you can make your demands and not come off as a total dipshit. When you haven't won anything of note since 2011, ask for the guys you have lost with for the last couple of years, rather than the young, talented group of guys on the team courting you.... well good luck to the team who gives in to those demands.
Lazard signed by Jets. 4 yr., $44 mil.

And so it begins...

Did he get a new arm during the dark retreat? Seems like we did is give Aaron better receivers to not get the ball to.

Rodgers has to be joking. He wants them to sign a bunch of washed up receivers before he agrees to a trade? This can't be real.
There's two major changes right now

The packers have a lot more leverage now that Carolina moved to 1.1, the saints signed carr and Jimmy went to Vegas. They have no safety net. Fortunately for the Jets they know that green bay doesn't have much of a plan b for Rodgers either but they could be trying to squeeze a little more out of the deal.

But i think the main thing is the deal includes Rodgers getting a contract extension, and teams can't do that more than once a year iirc. So they're probably also signing these guys to their deals first so they can manipulate the years and bonuses on his extension accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread