What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Aaron Rodgers, NYJ (3 Viewers)

Aaron Rodgers vs NFC North Last 2 Seasons (36 TD, 0 Int)

• MIN 4 TD, 0 Int
  • DET 2 TD, 0 Int
  • MIN 3 TD, 0 Int 
  • CHI 4 TD, 0 Int
  • DET 3 TD, 0 Int
  • CHI 4 TD, 0 Int
  • DET 4 TD, 0 Int
  • CHI 2 TD, 0 Int
  • MIN 4 TD, 0 Int 
  • CHI 4 TD, 0 Int
  • MIN 2 TD, 0 Int

• MIN 4 TD, 0 Int
  • DET 2 TD, 0 Int
  • MIN 3 TD, 0 Int 
  • CHI 4 TD, 0 Int
  • DET 3 TD, 0 Int
  • CHI 4 TD, 0 Int
  • DET 4 TD, 0 Int
  • CHI 2 TD, 0 Int
  • MIN 4 TD, 0 Int 
  • CHI 4 TD, 0 Int
  • MIN 2 TD, 0 Int
wow

• MIN 4 TD, 0 Int
  • DET 2 TD, 0 Int
  • MIN 3 TD, 0 Int 
  • CHI 4 TD, 0 Int
  • DET 3 TD, 0 Int
  • CHI 4 TD, 0 Int
  • DET 4 TD, 0 Int
  • CHI 2 TD, 0 Int
  • MIN 4 TD, 0 Int 
  • CHI 4 TD, 0 Int
  • MIN 2 TD, 0 Int
Seems like he owns them

He has already refuted it.  Why would anyone believe the guy would boycott the Super Bowl?
I see a lot of things from antivaxxers that I can’t believe these days, and on a daily basis

I read a quote from a prominent antivaxxer today that if she was on her deathbed & the vaccine was the only thing that could save her life, she would refuse it.

Because….it’s bad for you? 

I- 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
I see a lot of things from antivaxxers that I can’t believe these days, and on a daily basis

I read a quote from a prominent antivaxxer today that if she was on her deathbed & the vaccine was the only thing that could save her life, she would refuse it.

Because….it’s bad for you? 

I- 

Okay, time to put down the tin foil hat.  

You guys are ridiculous for believing this story.  What a bunch of hogwash.

Last edited by a moderator:
ShamrockPride said:
Luckily for Aaron, he has nothing to worry about because he'll choke before the Super Bowl like he always does.
Maybe that's part of his plan. I'll show the NFL . . . I just won't make it to the big game. Apparently he's been protesting the COVID rules for a couple of years now. He's so far ahead of the rest of the league.

Ok ok I’m done with the sarcasm. This is part of who Rodgers is now though. The sarcasm wasn’t necessary but aspects of this line of discussion are germane to him and his legacy. Especially as he continues to lose in the postseason. His vaccine stance and bizarre follow ups will add credence to those who see him as an aloof, selfish, me first, condescending guy. Does that end up hurting the team?
clever response, but at the end of the day it is talking politics in the Shark Pool and mods have already shown their willingness to suspend folks for that.  Unless of course you think it's OK for one side of the aisle and not the other?

clever response, but at the end of the day it is talking politics in the Shark Pool and mods have already shown their willingness to suspend folks for that.  Unless of course you think it's OK for one side of the aisle and not the other?
I edited, didn’t realize posts were being removed as I was typing that post. I’m into discussion about Rodgers legacy and this is a part of it. Of course that can lead to snarky takes on it like my initial post and if the mods don’t want to go down that route I get it. Apologies for the initial sarcastic post.

Rodgers has had some bad luck in postseason losses (scoring 45 and losing, the backup TE blowing the onside kick against Seattle, etc.), but last night will stick to him.  Yeah, the special teams is the most culpable for that debacle last night, but we live in a world now where QBs wins and losses are all that matter to some, and he will have to wear last night's loss, fair or not. 

Rodgers has had some bad luck in postseason losses (scoring 45 and losing, the backup TE blowing the onside kick against Seattle, etc.), but last night will stick to him.  Yeah, the special teams is the most culpable for that debacle last night, but we live in a world now where QBs wins and losses are all that matter to some, and he will have to wear last night's loss, fair or not. 
He only put up 10 points at home in a playoff game.  And barely moved the ball after the middle of the 1st quarter.  Brutal.  He didn’t play a good game.

The guy is super talented, but my takeaway from Rodgers over the years is he's either got the wind at his back and predictably throwing for 350 yards 4 TDs against the likes of the Bears and being the greatest frontrunner QB ever or he has games like this when it counts.

Right or wrong that's the way I feel.

The guy is super talented, but my takeaway from Rodgers over the years is he's either got the wind at his back and predictably throwing for 350 yards 4 TDs against the likes of the Bears and being the greatest frontrunner QB ever or he has games like this when it counts.

Right or wrong that's the way I feel.
Well, he does have a ring to go along with those stats.

He only put up 10 points at home in a playoff game.  And barely moved the all after the middle of the 1st quarter.  Brutal.  He didn’t play a good game.
Agreed.  But had the ST not blown it on that punt and the defense hung on late and they win 10-3, it would have been one of those "he did what he had to do" wins.  All-time great QBs win ugly games in the playoff sometimes.  Tom Brady has won two Super Bowls when his offense only scored 13 points.   Kurt Warner once won a NFCCG by a score of 11-6.  Ben Roethlisberger won two different road playoff games by scoring zero touchdowns on offense and needing his kicker to make six field goals in each game.  It happens.  That is all I am saying. Rodgers did not play well, without a doubt.  The special teams blew the game, though. 

Yeah, I agree with all this bad stuff about him.  So why am I still terrified that he's going to DEN this spring?

I think he pretty much carried his team this year, and I think GB has two rings to show for 30 years of Hall of Fame QB play. 

It seemed like he was forcing everything to Adams. I don’t know if that’s on him or Lafleur, but the offense showed zero creativity after the first drive. I get that the SF D forced him into some throws he didn’t want to make, but there was little sign of adjustment.

Yeah, I agree with all this bad stuff about him.  So why am I still terrified that he's going to DEN this spring?

I think he pretty much carried his team this year, and I think GB has two rings to show for 30 years of Hall of Fame QB play. 
As a Broncos fan, I'd take him in a heartbeat over the dreck we have now.  

As a Broncos fan, I'd take him in a heartbeat over the dreck we have now.  
I would hope so lol… He would obviously make Denver an instant contender. I just wonder if the competitiveness of that division would be a factor in deciding. A team like the Panthers/Saints seem full of talent but just in need of a QB. A weaker division like that may more attractive for a guy looking for rings.

I think he’s the most talented thrower of the football I’ve ever seen. I’ve always laughed off the whispers that his off field arrogance impacted team success but now that the off field arrogance has had a lot of light cast on it and the team lost again in the playoffs I’m more open to it being a factor.

Is Rodgers a free agent? Or would a trade have to be arranged?
GB rearranged his contract to get him into camp last year.

He has a $46 mill cap number next year, and GB is 40 mill+ over the cap.  

They need to lose that contract

OR

they need to make up with him, and have him agree to re-do his deal.

Packers are going to want to move him to AFC if they move him. He should want to stay in the NFC. The gauntlet of young QBs anyone is going to have to get through in the AFC over the next few years is just sick.  One would assume Brady will retire….eventually 

It’s pretty obvious to me Rodgers is gone. His relationship with Green Bay organization, his contract etc…. It would be epic if the saints got him and adams to somehow sign there. 

Users who are viewing this thread