What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post your Rookie 2014 drafts (1 Viewer)

http://football6.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=30477&O=1

Jace Amaro at 2.10 in a 12 team PPR league is surprising.

Well you don't know where he is getting his rankings. He was waldmans top te. He is talented and if it was for character issues he would be sought after so I don't hate it its not a bad pick in a te position league. If Ebron is gone he's probably the two. This is also pre draft so a lot of theses picks could change drastically.

Only 1 QB in that draft, that is a shocker to me. You would think Bridgewater or Bortles would have gone by now as well.

I would love it if that's how my draft goes down for where I'm positioned.

Only 1 QB in that draft, that is a shocker to me. You would think Bridgewater or Bortles would have gone by now as well.

I'm a somewhat surprised, but at the same time it's not that much of a stretch... In a 12 team 1QB league, unless you think that QB is going to be a major difference maker, all they end up being is bench depth that's difficult to get any value for down the road if you're looking to trade. A pick in the late 20s early 30s it'd be silly to pass those guys up though.

In my 16 team league, I'm almost positive you'll see the big 3QBs drafted in the first 20 picks

Last edited by a moderator:

I wouldn't take one in the first two rounds in 1 QB 12 team leagues.

Wow Beckham at #3 overall. Not feeling that pick. I don't hate him but that's to early imo.
I have the 1.3 in a 16 team .5 ppr and I've had Beckham pencilled in there for months. I realise there's not much consensus but I hardly see it as controversial?
The problem with this draft is I don't see much of a difference between 1.3 and 1.12.

At WR alone you have about 10 after Watkins/Evans that people think should be 1.3.
agreed.

And the rookie draft posted above looks like chalk so far - no real surprises.
lol not anymore. Manziel @ #6. lololololololol
Dude def has a 'type' looking at his team
His team isn't good, but beyond that, I don't see a type. Please unpack this for me

JackReacher said:
Wow Beckham at #3 overall. Not feeling that pick. I don't hate him but that's to early imo.
I have the 1.3 in a 16 team .5 ppr and I've had Beckham pencilled in there for months. I realise there's not much consensus but I hardly see it as controversial?
The problem with this draft is I don't see much of a difference between 1.3 and 1.12.

At WR alone you have about 10 after Watkins/Evans that people think should be 1.3.
agreed.

His team isn't good, but beyond that, I don't see a type. Please unpack this for me
Nothing much. He has a few athletic QBs.

JackReacher said:

agreed.

Nothing much. He has a few athletic QBs.
Yep. Saw Pryor

Well the guy has Romo and then nothing, unless you think Manuel will blossom into a top 7 or 8 QB. If he thinks Manziel can be his franchise QB then wth.

And me sitting at 1.11 in a PPR like it a lot!

This is true now, but there will be separation after the draft and I'm betting 1.5-1.7 will be a sweet spot

This is true now, but there will be separation after the draft and I'm betting 1.5-1.7 will be a sweet spot
Did I just see Tom savage in the third round go in that draft........Holy S^*T.

http://football6.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=30477&O=1
Jace Amaro at 2.10 in a 12 team PPR league is surprising.
Well you don't know where he is getting his rankings. He was waldmans top te. He is talented and if it was for character issues he would be sought after so I don't hate it its not a bad pick in a te position league. If Ebron is gone he's probably the two. This is also pre draft so a lot of theses picks could change drastically.

My point was that Amaro going that late was surprising. I would have expected him to go earlier in a PPR league.

For the Maniacs league the entire 1st and 2nd rounds look pretty juicy to me. In most drafts you tend to see at least a couple dud picks, which there certainly will be. But as prospects go this looks pretty solid through the 1st 2 rounds.

Round 3

3.01 25. Matty-Boh Crowell, Isaiah FA RB ® Fri Apr 25 8:40:45 p.m. ET 2014 He is the most talented RB in the class but has some risk. I will gamble on the talent here in the third round and hope he becomes this year's Christine Michael.

3.02 26. Ozark Thunder Richardson, Paul FA WR ® Fri Apr 25 11:45:01 p.m. ET 2014

3.03 27. The Juice Bryant, Martavis FA WR ® Fri Apr 25 11:45:02 p.m. ET 2014 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

3.04 28. Easy Rider Williams, Andre FA RB ® Sat Apr 26 3:50:33 a.m. ET 2014

3.05 29. Selective Addition Bortles, Blake FA QB ® Sat Apr 26 2:19:39 p.m. ET 2014

3.06 30. gametymerz Seferian-Jenkins, Austin FA TE ® Sat Apr 26 2:32:25 p.m. ET 2014

3.07 31. White Razors Bridgewater, Teddy FA QB ® Sat Apr 26 5:18:33 p.m. ET 2014 Heading into the Draft season, he was the number one QB on the board. After a lackluster pro-day he is considered dookie. I think he could be the best qb in the class. (Comments Added Sun Apr 27 12:30:57 a.m. ET 2014)

3.08 32. Dead Souls McKinnon, Jerick FA RB ® Sat Apr 26 5:31:49 p.m. ET 2014

3.09 33. Harbor Rats Grice, Marion FA RB ® Sat Apr 26 7:03:22 p.m. ET 2014

3.10 34. Sunday Sandman Johnson, Storm FA RB ® Sat Apr 26 7:03:23 p.m. ET 2014 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

3.11 35. Tastes Like Chicken Savage, Tom FA QB ® Sat Apr 26 7:10:29 p.m. ET 2014

3.12 36. gametymerz Carr, Derek FA QB ®

The 3rd round still looks pretty solid with 3 of the top 4 QBs being taken here in addition to Andre WIlliams, Crowell, Bryant. For the most part the 3rd round looks like what the second round would be similar to in past drafts. Some risks to be sure but still some tremendous upside from most of the 3rd round picks.

Round 4 (normally punt picks for me if I did not trade them away)

4.01 37. Matty-Boh Niklas, Troy FA TE ® Sat Apr 26 9:38:26 p.m. ET 2014

4.02 38. Sunday Sandman Gallon, Jeremy FA WR ® Sat Apr 26 9:38:27 p.m. ET 2014 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

4.03 39. gametymerz Bonner, Alan HOU WR Sat Apr 26 11:17:13 p.m. ET 2014 Chris Boyd, WR, Vanderbilt

4.04 40. Easy Rider Landry, Jarvis FA WR ® Sat Apr 26

I do not really like these picks particularly Niklas who does not seem like a TE who will translate to FF because he is primarily a blocker. But perhaps I am wrong about that. I have not been ranking him because of this.

Jarvis Landry could be a steal here for Easy Rider. I am not sure how his game will translate to the next level. I worry about him trying to work things over the middle leading to concussions and a short career. Still this late in the draft this seems like a great value.

Bump. Draft winding down, in the 7th round now. 14 teams, PPR, flexible lineups. This is a good one to check out if you're interested in the thought process of owners as almost every single pick has the owner's thoughts written in the comment section.

*note: any picks that are team DEF/ST's are just placeholders, the real pick is typed into the comments on the right as they are not in the MFL system yet (and some may never be!)

http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=20880&O=17

My haul (Connecticut Invaders):

1.04 Brandin Cooks

1.05 Marquise Lee

2.08 Devonta Freeman

2.10 Johnny Manziel

3.08 Andre Williams

4.07 Dri Archer

5.07 De'Anthony Thomas

6.06 Kapri Bibbs (RB Colorado State University)

6.11 John Brown (WR Pittsburg State)

7.01 Henry Josey

7.04 Stephen Houston (RB Indiana)

Bump. Draft winding down, in the 7th round now. 14 teams, PPR, flexible lineups. This is a good one to check out if you're interested in the thought process of owners as almost every single pick has the owner's thoughts written in the comment section.

*note: any picks that are team DEF/ST's are just placeholders, the real pick is typed into the comments on the right as they are not in the MFL system yet (and some may never be!)

1.04 Brandin Cooks

1.05 Marquise Lee

2.08 Devonta Freeman

2.10 Johnny Manziel

3.08 Andre Williams

4.07 Dri Archer

5.07 De'Anthony Thomas

7.01 Henry Josey

Nice job. One or two of those RB's are bound to hit. Really like Archer and Houston late. And Bibbs may surprise if he goes to the right team.

1.04 Brandin Cooks

1.05 Marquise Lee

2.08 Devonta Freeman

2.10 Johnny Manziel

3.08 Andre Williams

4.07 Dri Archer

5.07 De'Anthony Thomas

7.01 Henry Josey

Outside of Cooks at 1.04 I love this draft for you. And it's not that I don't like Cooks (likely would've taken me too) I'm just not as high on him as everyone else.

Archer and Thomas are beautiful picks there. I am really high on him as a sneaky late pick.

Nice draft. Very very nice draft.

1.04 Brandin Cooks

1.05 Marquise Lee

2.08 Devonta Freeman

2.10 Johnny Manziel

3.08 Andre Williams

4.07 Dri Archer

5.07 De'Anthony Thomas

7.01 Henry Josey

Nice job. One or two of those RB's are bound to hit. Really like Archer and Houston late. And Bibbs may surprise if he goes to the right team.
That's what I'm hoping, used my premium picks on WR and then pretty much shotgunned the hell out of the RB position, the way the value fell, except to grab two guys I thought had fallen too far (Manziel and Brown).

*note: any picks that are team DEF/ST's are just placeholders, the real pick is typed into the comments on the right as they are not in the MFL system yet (and some may never be!)http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=20880&O=17

1.04 Brandin Cooks

1.05 Marquise Lee

2.08 Devonta Freeman

2.10 Johnny Manziel

3.08 Andre Williams

4.07 Dri Archer

5.07 De'Anthony Thomas

7.01 Henry Josey

Outside of Cooks at 1.04 I love this draft for you. And it's not that I don't like Cooks (likely would've taken me too) I'm just not as high on him as everyone else.

Archer and Thomas are beautiful picks there. I am really high on him as a sneaky late pick.

Nice draft. Very very nice draft.
Yeah, Cooks at 1.04 was a tough decision but I decided not to get too cute, and took the most highly-regarded WR on the board over some of the riskier guys that have ideal size. Then I actually immediately traded up to the 1.05 for Lee, everyone was scrambling to trade down with no takers so the price was cheap, was able to trade up from the 1.12 for nothing but a future mid-late 2nd. That's almost nothing to get to move up seven spots and take my pick of the litter.

And thank you! I was choosing between Archer and Thomas at the 4.07 and was happy taking the left overs when it came all the way back around to the 5.07 and Thomas was still there. Hoping one of them hits.

Our 16 team league just completed our 1st round tonight. We do 2nd round on in August

.5 PPR, .5 per 10 yards except TE that is 1 per 10. All TD's 6. Passing is 1 per 50

Start 9 guys. Can start 1-2 QB, 1-4 RB, 2-6 WR, 1-4 TE and do IDP with 4 per sack., 1 per tackle

1.1 Sammy Watkins

1.2 Mike Evans

1.3 Teddy Bridgewater

1.4 Odell Beckhum

1.5 Blake Bortles

1.6 Eric Ebron

1.7 Jadeveon Clowney

1.8 Johnny Manziel

1.9 Derek Carr

1.10 Marquis Lee

1.11 Brandin Cooks

1.12 Carlos Hyde

1.13 Allen Robinson

1.14 Jordan Matthews

1.15 Jace Amaro

1.16 Austin Sefrani-Jenkins

Wow. I am a bit surprised at Clowney at pick 7. Not saying it is wrong. I could see that working out pretty well.
This team has a few 2nd round picks and now opens up other possibilities. DE has become tough to find and many teams have a huge need here. 16 team league really changes things. Clowney was going 9 if he did not go 7. My only concern with Clowney is being moved to LB and that would make this pick a BUST.

Wow. I am a bit surprised at Clowney at pick 7. Not saying it is wrong. I could see that working out pretty well.
This team has a few 2nd round picks and now opens up other possibilities. DE has become tough to find and many teams have a huge need here. 16 team league really changes things. Clowney was going 9 if he did not go 7. My only concern with Clowney is being moved to LB and that would make this pick a BUST.
Good luck to the owner on that. Gutsy pick.

16 Team IDP Dynasty - Can start 2 QBs (not required). Formed in 2001.

1. Manziel
2. Watkins
3. Evans
4. Bortles
5. Benjamin
6. Bridgewater

7. Eric Ebron

8. Marqise Lee
9. Brandin Cooks
10. Bishop Sankey
4 and 5 are brutal picks, imo.

Eta: additional picks

1. Manziel

2. Watkins

3. Evans

4. Bortles

5. Benjamin

I would have to concur. I'd have to be in pretty bad shape to take those 2 that high.
One of the teams is a perennial doormat (Bortles) so that's understood but the other (Benjamin, and imo a worse pick) is an historically good owner in a very solid league. Just strange to me.

1. Manziel

2. Watkins

3. Evans

4. Bortles

5. Benjamin

I would have to concur. I'd have to be in pretty bad shape to take those 2 that high.
One of the teams is a perennial doormat (Bortles) so that's understood but the other (Benjamin, and imo a worse pick) is an historically good owner in a very solid league. Just strange to me.
In Superflex I don't have a big problem with Bortles there. The Jags have put talent around him and he has a chance to be good. They'll also be in the running for the #1 pick again, which should add a lot talent.

Benjamin is the classic reach, no argument there.

Users who are viewing this thread