What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff Contest Strategy and Tips (1 Viewer)

Footballguys Post Season Contest

1) Correctly identify the two Super Bowl teams

2) Get as many players from this teams as you can

3) Select a few wild card players so you can squeak by in the first week (unless you are picking wild card teams for the super bowl)

4) If you have abundant wild card teams, add a few players from teams with first round byes

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.rtsports.com/fantasy-football-leagues?rtfs-0108

Anyone have any tips for this format? Is stacking best? Any thoughts or tips would be awesome. Thanks!

Enjoy the playoffs everyone!
[SIZE=18.6667px]Great question, Dipandglide. This is my first year playing in this RTS playoff challenge. It's a very difficult format as you can start no more than two players from a team. My initial thinking is to identify the two Super Bowl teams and target who you think will score the most points during the Super Bowl. As an example only, if I favor Carolina I may go with Cam Newton and Greg Olsen and if I like Kansas City I may go with West and Maclin. I will also target sleeper picks for the Wild Card games as I believe setting yourself away from the masses will be important in this format. What are your thoughts?[/SIZE]

3) Select a few wild card players so you can squeak by in the first week (unless you are picking wild card teams for the super bowl)

4) If you have abundant wild card teams, add a few players from teams with first round byes
Only problem with this (#3) is you don't have the $ available to pick a few wild card players.

So unless you're picking a wild card team to go to the super bowl, that part of the strategy will be very challenging or impossible.

Only problem with this (#3) is you don't have the $ available to pick a few wild card players.

So unless you're picking a wild card team to go to the super bowl, that part of the strategy will be very challenging or impossible.
It's how the guy won last year. Had 2 WC QBs that got him through week 1 alone (cut line is very very low week 1 usually), then forget about those guys and hope your 2 championship teams make it and you've loaded up on them.

Users who are viewing this thread