What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players Who Could be Quality "Buy Lows" in Redraft 2013 (1 Viewer)

amicsta

Footballguy
My fantasy season is over as I'm sure many are in the Sharkpool. With about 4 months until the NFL draft and we can all start to really prognosticate and plan, there is no better time, with the fantasy season fresh, then to look at potential "buy lows" for REDRAFT next year. Here are some that I may believe in (note that i am not tryin to list sleepers, just players whos 2012 performance could yield 2013 value):

QB:

Mathew Stafford-may very well post back to back 5000 yard seasons, but with his awful td/int ratio (currently 17/16) he has only performed like a mid-back end qb1. I expect those td numbers to go back up, so if you can draft stafford at his current value ill be on board.

Michael Vick-this guy may just be my fantasy kryptonite, but I cant give up on him. A potential union with Chip Kelly could end up over-inflating his value again, but after the season hes had, could you reasonably take him before the 7th round? Vick is definitely a guy im looking at next year for a commitee if his value can stay down.

Tim Tebow-If he makes it to jacksonville and starts, i could see myself pairing he and vick next season. Say what you want about his talent, the guy puts up fantasy numbers. Doubters will push his value down, making him a better buy

RB:

Darren McFadden-Was not incredibly effective even when healthy this season, but his talent will indeniably make him a value if he slips too far

Ryan Mathews-same as dmc

Ben Tate-off a year where he was mostly hurt, i think Houston will need to utilize tate alot more next season. While foster has found the endzone plenty, there hae been signs of the heavy workload having a negative impact on him. Including playoffs, Foster could see between 370-400 carries, making his backup a buy, especially when it a talent like tate

Ryan Williams-injuries galore for him, but with beanie appearing to be on the way out, he could end up being a huge asset to fantasy teams next season

WR

Larry Fitzgerald-easily the most intriguing pick to me for next season. If the cards improve at qb, hesprobably back to being drafted in the first 2 rounds. But if not, how far does he fall?

Jeremy Maclin and Desean Jackson: After just an awful year in philly, i think these 2 will represent value next season, provided the new hc/oc is willing to throw. Even the arrival of chip kelly wouldnt push them too high imo

Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown: a healthy big ben and a full offseason with todd haley should help both of these players

Greg Jennings-older and injury riddled this season, could be a round 7+ value next year, maybe on a new team

Hakeem nicks: another interesting case. Always hurt and this year very ineffective. Im interested to see where his value lands. No matter what, he has top 10 potential so a fall to far is a value for sure

I had Ryan Williams on a few teams this year. Can't say I was impressed. I'd be more interested in Beanie - whether he says or goes. He's not very expensive, so I don't see strong incentive for the Cards to not pick up his option. Maybe if Ryan Williams had looked good, but even then Beanie's contract makes for a nicely priced backup.

I think Ingram will be a nice RB3 pick next year. He's shown flashes the last 8 games and his usage has increased. So I feel like his floor will be his ADP and he'll have a chance to put up RB2 numbers. The lack of passing game involvement hurts his upside, but I'll take a 60/1 stat line from my bye week filler.

Blount will be undervalued even if he signs to be a starter somewhere. He averaged 4.6 ypc his two years as a starter. He'll thrive if given the chance.

If Moreno holds onto the job over the offseason, he will put up RB1 numbers next year. Not from talent, but from workload. Guys like Greene, LeShoure, and Martin have shown that workload is more important than talent. He's averaging 23.2 carries and 3.8 receptions per game the last 5 games. His 4.0 ypc is mediocre at best, though, so he won't be highly coveted.

I like all your WR picks with the exceptions of DeSean and Jennings. I'm not sure Jennings will be forgotten. He might be overdrafted if he signs in Miami. I've never been a DeSean fan, but if he's coupled with the right QB he could be a value. Maclin seems like the type of player who can be solid in any system. Mike Wallace is probably on a new team in 2013. I'll be watching him closely.

I think Lloyd builds on this year. I feel like this year was about as bad as it can get for a guy with that many targets in New England. If he sees 130 targets again, he'll be top 12. I'm guessing he finishes just under 80/1000 which should keep him under the radar next year. Reference: Michael Crabtree, 2011. The difference being the upside of NE vs. SF.

Bowe might be kind of forgotten. Not really sure, though. He could just as easily get overhyped.

Jordy Nelson might be good value. I avoided him this year, but I wouldn't be opposed to him as a WR2. Will he suffer w/o Jennings opposite him?

For QB, I'll be interested to see how Flacco does with a new OC. Not sure it'll be better, but I'm not opposed to dropping an 18th round pick on him next year. He's got the receiving talent. I think guys like Romo and Cutler will be drafted as QB2s next year. But they could both thrive if he gets some o-line help. Rivers could re-emerge, too. Can't bank on any of them, but could grab two of them if you wait on a QB.

It is almost certain that Mike Wallace will not be back in Pittsburgh next season.

I have a feeling Trent Richardson will go lower than he should next year.

It is almost certain that Mike Wallace will not be back in Pittsburgh next season. I have a feeling Trent Richardson will go lower than he should next year.
Trent seems like a guy that could be dinged up his whole career. Great skill set though, id like to see his explosiveness when healthy

Vernon Davis -- have to think they 49ers will have him more integrated into offense and won't keep him in to block quite as much.

Jordy Nelson -- should put up big numbers if healthy.

Pierre Garcon -- may not go as high as he should when people look at season totals, but should be legit #1 if he plays 16 games.

Ryan Mathews -- has potential to be a high profit pick, but still lots of question marks here and situation will change in off-season.

Vernon Davis -- have to think they 49ers will have him more integrated into offense and won't keep him in to block quite as much.Jordy Nelson -- should put up big numbers if healthy.Pierre Garcon -- may not go as high as he should when people look at season totals, but should be legit #1 if he plays 16 games.Ryan Mathews -- has potential to be a high profit pick, but still lots of question marks here and situation will change in off-season.
Great thread and I agree with a lot of the picks. With short term memories, a lot of the guys like Garcon could slide when they have put up numbers when healthy. As long as the injury isn't something that could linger.If healthy all pre-season, I would love to grab Nelson, Garcon and maybe Nicks (awful this year) after the "hot" guys go. If Jennings signs elsewhere and Nelson is healthy, he will produce even with Cobb (see Nelson + Jennings in 2011).McFadden, Stafford and Matthews could also be good value picks if they drop a lot. Even Chris Johnson could as well. In watching the Jets/Titans, it was pretty clear that the OC had no idea how to get CJ in open space with screens and/or outside runs mixed in, but sure new how to get Locker in space. Locker sucks awfully, but if they work on their plays and he improves, CJ could perform.

Rb's

Charles - IF he falls outside the first round again, I can't imagine his situation could get any worse than it was this season. Realistic chance of being a top 3 rb and a pretty high floor I'd take him in the 2nd next year and not look back

Daryl Richardson - SJax leaving town, could be the starter on a Fisher led offense it'll be interesting to see where his ADP falls

Forte - His stock is definitely down but he can still be a top 10 rb especially if CHI can so something with that O line

Chris Johnson - His downturn in the last 4 or 5 games is due in large part to all the injuries to TEN's O line, I don't love CJ but he's definitely got some upside and he may fall to the late 2nd or early 3rd next year

Qb's

Romo - Dez has finally realized his potential in the 2nd half of the season and with Austin and Witten still around I wouldn't mind having Romo as my starting qb if I go rb and wr heavy in the first 4 or 5 rounds

Luck - Obviously he won't be overlooked but I see him being ranked around qb8 or 9 for the 13' draft but he's got a very high ceiling and a pretty high floor another great option if you miss out the "elite" fantasy qb's

Roethlisberger - He's solid on a PPG basis though he's pretty injury prone pairing him with one of the 2 above would make a decent tandem

WR's

britt - he'll probably go pretty late again, which makes it worth swinging for the fences, I'm starting to lose hope with him but the potential is still there

Nicks - Another guy with big potential but if he can actually stay healthy which is a big IF he can be a WR1

Sidney Rice/Golden Tate - Russel Wilson is looking like the real deal and both these guys have skillz one or both could turn out be a very nice WR2 next year

Michael Vick-this guy may just be my fantasy kryptonite, but I cant give up on him. A potential union with Chip Kelly could end up over-inflating his value again, but after the season hes had, could you reasonably take him before the 7th round? Vick is definitely a guy im looking at next year for a commitee if his value can stay down.
Wait a second. Chip Kelly is going to coach the Bills? ;) Britt is a good candidate for the "Second Year Back from ACL" hypothesis (ie, what used to be the rule of thumb before Peterson came along.)I got heavily burned on my "value" picks this year (Vick, Gates). I see Mathews, DMC and CJ as similar landmines next year. I'll probably stay away from Nicks and VDavis, too. They could put together great seasons, but there are way too many question marks, and based on their reps I don't think they'll fall far enough. Jennings and Wallace's prospects are obviously dependent on where they end up. Antonio Brown was my sleeper WR2 this year, which didn't really pan out, but he's started to jell with Ben over the last few games. But if Wallace leaves, will he get drafted as a WR1?I agree that there's a good chance Luck makes the leap next year. I hope my opponents look more at his stats than at the hype. Wilson, too. As for Stafford, I don't really trust him, but keep in mind that Detroit WR2s this year were the football equivalent of Spinal Tap drummers. If I had to guess, I'd say he ends up somewhere in between '11 and '12.I think there's a good chance MJD gets undervalued next year. Between the holdout and the injury, this was really a lost season. But he's a year removed from a rushing title, he'll only be 28, he's not injury prone, and if he gets Tebow as his QB (or even Henne, who he didn't get to play with at all this year), he could easily move right back to elite status.

Sidney Rice
Good call. Don't know how I forgot about him. Snagged him as WR5 in several leagues this year. I think he finished week 16 around WR27 (0 ppr). He showed that he's back and healthy and if Wilson takes the next step, Rice has the skills to be a fantasy WR1. I don't think they'll pass enough to do that, but I think he'll easily be a mid-range WR2. I expect he'll get snubbed a bit and will have a WR3 ADP. I'm not as high on Golden Tate, though.

It is almost certain that Mike Wallace will not be back in Pittsburgh next season.

I have a feeling Trent Richardson will go lower than he should next year.
Trent seems like a guy that could be dinged up his whole career. Great skill set though, id like to see his explosiveness when healthy
Way too early to proclaim this. Everyone loves to look into one year and expect the same thing throughout ones career...both good and bad things. People have down years, up years, healthy years, and injury riddled years. It doesn't mean it happens every year.Wasn't Demaryius Thomas and Matthew Stafford once labeled as prone to injury? Not hearing that anymore, because they made it through one (or two) healthy years. Heck, I remember AP being labeled as injury prone coming out of college. I'm not saying some of the talk isn't justified, but I think we're far too quick to label players as prone to injury because of a couple of minor dings.

Very quietly, likely due to his mid-season injury, Darren Sproles put up the 8th best PPG for RBs in my standard-PPR -- just ahead of Charles and Spiller.

Very quietly, likely due to his mid-season injury, Darren Sproles put up the 8th best PPG for RBs in my standard-PPR -- just ahead of Charles and Spiller.
Charles is definitely one of the RBs that I wouldn't mind taking in the 1st/2nd. I think he is one of the "safer" RB1s with great upside another year removed from injury and maybe a better coach/QB to go along with him. I think I am going to keep Sproles in the one PPR league that I can because he is solid in PPR and he got a lot of goal line love. He has scored a lot of receiving TDs and even had one taken away from an offensive PI call on Graham that was so far away (bad call IMHO) that it had no bearing. He's got 7 TDs in 12 games and it should have been 8. That's 12 TDs in 16 games, which is a huge bonus for him. After he came back, he got a lot more use and was very effective.

It is almost certain that Mike Wallace will not be back in Pittsburgh next season. I have a feeling Trent Richardson will go lower than he should next year.
Ill be shocked if his adp is lower than 8 and expect him to be a top 5 rb (Peterson, foster, Martin, rice).

Didn't McFadden suck at the beginning of this year even when healthy? Why is he in the equation? His "talent" is starting to get drowned in a lot of suck.

'Abraham said:
'Cheesedawg said:
Ill be shocked if his adp is lower than 8 and expect him to be a top 5 rb (Peterson, foster, Martin, rice).
Of those 5 who do you think becomes a bust next year? History shows probably 2 will bust fantasy wise. I would say martin and trent.

'Abraham said:
'Cheesedawg said:
Of those 5 who do you think becomes a bust next year? History shows probably 2 will bust fantasy wise. I would say martin and trent.
I would go with Foster and Trent

You can usually get a couple of different buy low players, those who had an off season and those who just never get drafted as early as they should. My early list...

QB Eli Manning (I'm not sure what happened this year?)

RB Reggie Bush (Been undervalued for a couple of years now)

WR Reggie Wayne (Continues to outplay his draft spot and stays ahead of father time)

TE Brandon Myers (Risk that he isn't for real but will get discounted because of this too)

'mr roboto said:
'Run It Up said:
The way this season is going, I gotta say Hakeem Nicks.
If you can get him as your 2 or 3, yes.
He was late 3rd, early 4th this year. Gotta figure that after this season where he has been injured or under performing hes gotta drop to WR2-3 territory. Id love to take him as my WR2 and Id even take him as a WR1 if he looked good in the off season.

I think that again the RB that emerges in DEN will be good value. Will have to wait and see if its Mcgahee/moreno/hillman.

'Abraham said:
'Cheesedawg said:
I'm not saying for sure it will happen, and I would probably take him if I had the second pick, but Foster could be in line for a fall next year. They've really run him into the ground this season. He won't hit the dreaded 370 threshhold, but he'll come pretty close. Under 50 yards in three of his last four. Meanwhile, I think McCoy will be undervalued. I had the guy this year, and even I didn't realize until I went back and looked at his game long how consistent he had been. In my 0.5 PPR league, he had double digits in every game he played other than Arizona, where he had 9.3. He has more receptions in 11 games this year than he had in 15 last year. His YPC did drop to 4.2 (from 5.2/4.8 the past two years), though the Eagles OL was a mess. The only big difference was the TDs, which fell off dramatically. I always thought the 20 TDs he scored in '11 was an unsustainable number, but he could easily get back to double digits on a team that's not in freefall. Oh, and did I mention he's still only 24 years old? I could definitely see him slipping to late in the first, but delivering Top 3 numbers again.

You can usually get a couple of different buy low players, those who had an off season and those who just never get drafted as early as they should. My early list...QB Eli Manning (I'm not sure what happened this year?)RB Reggie Bush (Been undervalued for a couple of years now)WR Reggie Wayne (Continues to outplay his draft spot and stays ahead of father time)TE Brandon Myers (Risk that he isn't for real but will get discounted because of this too)
I'm out on Eli. Even last year, when he put up the yardage, he wasn't a great fantasy QB. I just think we've seen his ceiling already.Big question mark with Myers is who his QB will be. Not at all clear Palmer will be back (or if that would be good for him). As far as I'm concerned, after the consistency level this year at the position, TE is just one big question mark for next year. Other than Gronk, Hernandez and Witten, is there anyone out there you can just plug into your lineup and not worry about?

Russell Wilson - If you project some improvement on his efficiency metrics and bump up his pass attempts, he could jump up into the top 10. Won't cost nearly as much on draft day as RG3 or Luck.

Ben Roethlisberger - The possible loss of Wallace could put a big dent in his numbers, but he's having a top 10 ppg season and will likely be available for QB2 prices next year. Not a bad option as a backup if you're looking to pair someone with a riskier pick.

Rashard Mendenhall - I think he'll be back starting and posting borderline top 15 FF numbers again next year.

Ryan Mathews - Injury prone, but capable of producing RB1 numbers when healthy. Really didn't get enough touches this season.

Knowshon Moreno - Money down the stretch. Unless the Broncos add a big name in the draft, he could be in for more good times in 2013.

David Wilson - Never been a huge fan of him, but it's usually a good idea to take a punt on a first round RB with dynamic athletic ability, even if the situation looks cloudy. A good RB3 candidate.

Daryl Richardson - The Rams might let Steven Jackson walk. Even if they don't, Jackson will break down eventually. Might as well take a chance on his explosive backup.

Justin Blackmon - Did you know...Blackmon has been a top 12 receiver in the last 8 games. I am worried about the possible Tebow factor, but if they keep Henne or draft someone like Geno Smith then he should be in for a good season.

Larry Fitzgerald - I don't see him being this putrid two years in a row. Arizona's QB situation simply can't get worse. The same applies to Andre Roberts, who would be a startable FF WR if he played for many other NFL teams.

Josh Gordon - Had a great rookie year considering the circumstances. If you can get him for a WR3 price and you don't mind taking on some risk, he could pay off huge next year with a true breakout season.

Dwayne Bowe - Likely to be a forgotten man after a disappointing 2012, but he's still in his prime and capable of solid numbers.

Santonio Holmes - Similar to Bowe, but not as trustworthy for a variety of reasons.

Russell Wilson - If you project some improvement on his efficiency metrics and bump up his pass attempts, he could jump up into the top 10. Won't cost nearly as much on draft day as RG3 or Luck.
He's an interesting guy, but why would anyone project a bump in pass attempts? Seattle is very similar to Houston. Dominant run game + defense combo. It hurts passing stats badly. I have been impressed by Russell Wilson, but I think next year situation will be holding him back more than his development. If Lynch gets hurt or they lose a lot of defensive players, then sure. But I'm not banking on it. If you don't believe situation matters, look at Schaub a few years ago with a bad defense and look at him this year and last. Night and day.

He's an interesting guy, but why would anyone project a bump in pass attempts? Seattle is very similar to Houston. Dominant run game + defense combo. It hurts passing stats badly. I have been impressed by Russell Wilson, but I think next year situation will be holding him back more than his development. If Lynch gets hurt or they lose a lot of defensive players, then sure. But I'm not banking on it. If you don't believe situation matters, look at Schaub a few years ago with a bad defense and look at him this year and last. Night and day.
Bear in mind that he's just a rookie though. In general, rookie QBs don't usually chuck the ball a ton. Teams try to minimize their responsibility because that's what gives them the best chance to win. But as they gain experience, they start to become more and more of a focal point. Examples would be guys like Roethlisberger, Flacco, and Ryan. Look at their pass attempts in their first season compared to where they've been lately.

I agree, but teams that have a run first identity rarely produce fantasy QB1s. Given his situation, I think his hype will actually lead to him being drafted right around where his value will be.

'amicsta said:
My fantasy season is over as I'm sure many are in the Sharkpool. With about 4 months until the NFL draft and we can all start to really prognosticate and plan, there is no better time, with the fantasy season fresh, then to look at potential "buy lows" for REDRAFT next year. Here are some that I may believe in (note that i am not tryin to list sleepers, just players whos 2012 performance could yield 2013 value):QB:Mathew Stafford-may very well post back to back 5000 yard seasons, but with his awful td/int ratio (currently 17/16) he has only performed like a mid-back end qb1. I expect those td numbers to go back up, so if you can draft stafford at his current value ill be on board. Michael Vick-this guy may just be my fantasy kryptonite, but I cant give up on him. A potential union with Chip Kelly could end up over-inflating his value again, but after the season hes had, could you reasonably take him before the 7th round? Vick is definitely a guy im looking at next year for a commitee if his value can stay down. Tim Tebow-If he makes it to jacksonville and starts, i could see myself pairing he and vick next season. Say what you want about his talent, the guy puts up fantasy numbers. Doubters will push his value down, making him a better buyRB: Darren McFadden-Was not incredibly effective even when healthy this season, but his talent will indeniably make him a value if he slips too farRyan Mathews-same as dmcBen Tate-off a year where he was mostly hurt, i think Houston will need to utilize tate alot more next season. While foster has found the endzone plenty, there hae been signs of the heavy workload having a negative impact on him. Including playoffs, Foster could see between 370-400 carries, making his backup a buy, especially when it a talent like tateRyan Williams-injuries galore for him, but with beanie appearing to be on the way out, he could end up being a huge asset to fantasy teams next seasonWRLarry Fitzgerald-easily the most intriguing pick to me for next season. If the cards improve at qb, hesprobably back to being drafted in the first 2 rounds. But if not, how far does he fall? Jeremy Maclin and Desean Jackson: After just an awful year in philly, i think these 2 will represent value next season, provided the new hc/oc is willing to throw. Even the arrival of chip kelly wouldnt push them too high imoMike Wallace and Antonio Brown: a healthy big ben and a full offseason with todd haley should help both of these players Greg Jennings-older and injury riddled this season, could be a round 7+ value next year, maybe on a new teamHakeem nicks: another interesting case. Always hurt and this year very ineffective. Im interested to see where his value lands. No matter what, he has top 10 potential so a fall to far is a value for sure
You're already toast if you plan to pair Tebow and Vick.

Bear in mind that he's just a rookie though. In general, rookie QBs don't usually chuck the ball a ton. Teams try to minimize their responsibility because that's what gives them the best chance to win. But as they gain experience, they start to become more and more of a focal point. Examples would be guys like Roethlisberger, Flacco, and Ryan. Look at their pass attempts in their first season compared to where they've been lately.
If they don't add some help at WR, he won't be asked to pass more in 2013.

Doug Martin: I have a feeling a lot of folks who had him will remember his end of season swoon and stay away, while the rest of folks won't know enough about him. He's a good strong back that can handle the carries and catch the ball. Next year TB gets both of it's Pro Bowl guards back from injured reserve in Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph. Nicks was lost before the season started and Joseph after about 7 games when the Bucs were still doing good. This will significantly strengthen our offensive line to match with LT Donald Penn who is a pretty good player.

You're already toast if you plan to pair Tebow and Vick.
Tebow has always been a fantasy qb1 as a starter. Pairing he and vick with late picks could allow you to load up on rb/wr. It would be foolish to make such an assumption at this juncture.

'amicsta said:
My fantasy season is over as I'm sure many are in the Sharkpool. With about 4 months until the NFL draft and we can all start to really prognosticate and plan, there is no better time, with the fantasy season fresh, then to look at potential "buy lows" for REDRAFT next year. Here are some that I may believe in (note that i am not tryin to list sleepers, just players whos 2012 performance could yield 2013 value):QB:Mathew Stafford-may very well post back to back 5000 yard seasons, but with his awful td/int ratio (currently 17/16) he has only performed like a mid-back end qb1. I expect those td numbers to go back up, so if you can draft stafford at his current value ill be on board. Michael Vick-this guy may just be my fantasy kryptonite, but I cant give up on him. A potential union with Chip Kelly could end up over-inflating his value again, but after the season hes had, could you reasonably take him before the 7th round? Vick is definitely a guy im looking at next year for a commitee if his value can stay down. Tim Tebow-If he makes it to jacksonville and starts, i could see myself pairing he and vick next season. Say what you want about his talent, the guy puts up fantasy numbers. Doubters will push his value down, making him a better buyRB: Darren McFadden-Was not incredibly effective even when healthy this season, but his talent will indeniably make him a value if he slips too farRyan Mathews-same as dmcBen Tate-off a year where he was mostly hurt, i think Houston will need to utilize tate alot more next season. While foster has found the endzone plenty, there hae been signs of the heavy workload having a negative impact on him. Including playoffs, Foster could see between 370-400 carries, making his backup a buy, especially when it a talent like tateRyan Williams-injuries galore for him, but with beanie appearing to be on the way out, he could end up being a huge asset to fantasy teams next seasonWRLarry Fitzgerald-easily the most intriguing pick to me for next season. If the cards improve at qb, hesprobably back to being drafted in the first 2 rounds. But if not, how far does he fall? Jeremy Maclin and Desean Jackson: After just an awful year in philly, i think these 2 will represent value next season, provided the new hc/oc is willing to throw. Even the arrival of chip kelly wouldnt push them too high imoMike Wallace and Antonio Brown: a healthy big ben and a full offseason with todd haley should help both of these players Greg Jennings-older and injury riddled this season, could be a round 7+ value next year, maybe on a new teamHakeem nicks: another interesting case. Always hurt and this year very ineffective. Im interested to see where his value lands. No matter what, he has top 10 potential so a fall to far is a value for sure
First name I thought of was Antonio Brown. You mention Greg Jennings being old, he's 29. I think he's a WR1 on an NFL team next year. Meaning he's a solid WR2/WR3. He's a dynasty buy right now for sure. I sure wish I'd used him in my Super Bowl over Danny Amendola. He's definitely in the Top 20 of NFL receivers.

Doug Martin: I have a feeling a lot of folks who had him will remember his end of season swoon and stay away, while the rest of folks won't know enough about him. He's a good strong back that can handle the carries and catch the ball. Next year TB gets both of it's Pro Bowl guards back from injured reserve in Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph. Nicks was lost before the season started and Joseph after about 7 games when the Bucs were still doing good. This will significantly strengthen our offensive line to match with LT Donald Penn who is a pretty good player.
I guess you missed this thread: Top 5 picks next yearMartin will be overrated next year. No way I'm taking him over Lynch.

Unless something changes to the QB situation in Arizona, I'm staying away from Larry Fitzgerald. No denying his talent, but look at his last 6 games:

And this is a PPR league. No thank you.

Sidney Rice- With Wilson looking better each week and Rice being healthy again, I think he could be a Top 30 WR and a solid WR2/3 next year.

QBs:

Russell Wilson- Only going to get better/have more repoir w/ receiving corps. Lynch/Defense really help as well (won't have to put team on back / play action potential). Expected draft slot - QB 15-18 / Predicted finish - QB 8-11

Matthew Stafford -- Still put up good numbers in a down year. His TDs will increase next year, while being a lock for 4500+ yards (outside of injury). EDS - QB 5-8 / PF - QB 3-6

Jay Cutler -- Their o-line cannot be any worse next year. EDS - QB 18-21 / PF - QB 12-15

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless something changes to the QB situation in Arizona, I'm staying away from Larry Fitzgerald. No denying his talent, but look at his last 6 games:2631619And this is a PPR league. No thank you.
I think Matt Moore or Michael Vick are the QB in the desert next year.

I suspect the fact that everyone seems to be citing Wilson as undervalued will lead to him being anything but.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect the fact that everyone seems to be citing Wilson as undervalued will lead to him being anything but.
He could be like Spiller was up until this year, which is to say talented, but not particularly useful. I took Spiller in my redraft league in 2010 and 2011 because of his upside, but it didn't start translating into useful production until the end of last year. The main thing is opportunity. I'm not sure how much Wilson will have with Bradshaw around, but there's upside based on talent.

The same guys assuming he's going to improve were the ones touting the dreaded QB sophomore slump. He might have value in 2QB leagues but how many qb's on run first teams with great defenses do you see in the ff top 10?Luck, Brees, Stafford and Romo, what do they all have in common? Terrible run games, playing from behind often and all top 10 finishes.I love the guys talent but his situation I do not think is conducive to a top tier ff QB

I play primarly in PPR leagues, so this is skewed in that direction:

Jamaal Charles - No way he has a coach next year that's dense enough to give him the ball less than five plays in the first half again. he' their one major weapon, and a good coach/OC will find a way to use him all over the field. Should be stellar in PPR leagues.

Was going to say Nicks, but just don't like his chances to stay healthy for 16 games, and I'm a die hard Giants fan.

Brandon Myers - Whoever his quarterback is, the inability of McFadden to stay healthy will mean he should see a lot of checkdowns and short routes. Big, sure hands, and should be better next year.

Jason Avant - The kid works hard, I doubt Jackson will be 100% or even with the Eagles, and should be a good late round flyer with upside

Mike Williams - Clearly found himself in the new offense the second half of the year.

Didn't McFadden suck at the beginning of this year even when healthy? Why is he in the equation? His "talent" is starting to get drowned in a lot of suck.
Coaching is the issue there. All depends on if they make changes to offensive philosophy or not.

McFadden's talent is really overrated. He's a pretty one-dimensional back. Very good at running north-south through gaping holes because of his elite speed. Not very good at anything else. He's pretty much a taller, more overhyped Michael Bennett. As an all-around RB he probably doesn't rank in the top 30 in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread