What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pittsburgh Fans - Waive Them Towels (1 Viewer)

apalmer

Footballguy
Kevin Ashcraft said:
LJ hoemcoming as well.
Sorry, but no. He isn't from Pittsburgh, he's from that other school halfway across the state. We Pittsburgh fans didn't like him then and we don't like him now.

I'm thinking the Steelers should be 0-4. If I were a Pitt fan, I'd be celebrating my ### off until January. This team looks like its still partying.

If winning it all and starting the next season 1-3 = :own3d: then I'll be owned any day of the week.Let it roll off, Steeler faithful. This is the inevitable backlash that comes with being the defending champs. Maybe someday, the Scientist will know what that feels like.
Why do steeler fans live in the past? I mentioned nothing of last year, yes I know the steelers won last year, its not that hard to understand.Steelers are 1-3, and they look bad. The have lost key components from last year, and Joey Harrington has a better passer raiting then BIG BEN. I would say the steelers are in trouble. The fact that the steelers are defending champs is not the reason for the backlash by the majority of people, its because steeler fans are annoying and blind. Steeler fans and Red Sox fans are equal in this respect.Wake up 1-3 :own3d: steelers! :lmao:

In fact only one QB has a worse passer raiting in the NFL:

Ben Roethlisberger PIT 41.7 :bye: :lmao: :blackdot:

Andrew Walter OAK 38.5

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

Last edited by a moderator:
If winning it all and starting the next season 1-3 = :own3d: then I'll be owned any day of the week.Let it roll off, Steeler faithful. This is the inevitable backlash that comes with being the defending champs. Maybe someday, the Scientist will know what that feels like.
Why do steeler fans live in the past? I mentioned nothing of last year, yes I know the steelers won last year, its not that hard to understand.Steelers are 1-3, and they look bad. The have lost key components from last year, and Joey Harrington has a better passer raiting then BIG BEN. I would say the steelers are in trouble. The fact that the steelers are defending champs is not the reason for the backlash by the majority of people, its because steeler fans are annoying and blind. Steeler fans and Red Sox fans are equal in this respect.Wake up 1-3 :own3d: steelers! :lmao:
Are you over the age of 16? If not, then there's no excuse. :lmao: at accusing Steeler fans of "living in the past" when you're the one doing the baiting. Gee, I wonder as a Seahawks fan, exactly what axe you have to grind here, huh? Who's really living in the past? :lmao: at calling any team (except maybe the Raiders) "owned" after 4 games, especially when you're the defending champs. Bottom line, skippy, the Steelers could suck for the next 5 years and it would be OK by me, because last season was just that sweet. Again, maybe someday you'll get to experience this too, then you'll know what I mean.By the way, didn't your team just get squashed in their last outing as well? Maybe worry about your own conference before you let your jealousy get the best of you and force you to start calling out Steeler fans.

I'm a Steeler fan and agree with your points about the Steelers being in trouble. I also agree that Ben is having a horrible season so far. You just sound like an obnoxious hater with the childish venom in your posts that you must excuse most people for not taking your posts seriously.

If winning it all and starting the next season 1-3 = :own3d: then I'll be owned any day of the week.

Let it roll off, Steeler faithful. This is the inevitable backlash that comes with being the defending champs. Maybe someday, the Scientist will know what that feels like.
Why do steeler fans live in the past? I mentioned nothing of last year, yes I know the steelers won last year, its not that hard to understand.Steelers are 1-3, and they look bad. The have lost key components from last year, and Joey Harrington has a better passer raiting then BIG BEN. I would say the steelers are in trouble. The fact that the steelers are defending champs is not the reason for the backlash by the majority of people, its because steeler fans are annoying and blind. Steeler fans and Red Sox fans are equal in this respect.

Wake up 1-3 :own3d: steelers! :lmao:
Are you over the age of 16? If not, then there's no excuse. :lmao: at accusing Steeler fans of "living in the past" when you're the one doing the baiting. Gee, I wonder as a Seahawks fan, exactly what axe you have to grind here, huh? Who's really living in the past?

:lmao: at calling any team (except maybe the Raiders) "owned" after 4 games, especially when you're the defending champs. Bottom line, skippy, the Steelers could suck for the next 5 years and it would be OK by me, because last season was just that sweet. Again, maybe someday you'll get to experience this too, then you'll know what I mean.

By the way, didn't your team just get squashed in their last outing as well? Maybe worry about your own conference before you let your jealousy get the best of you and force you to start calling out Steeler fans.
Good job of redirection........steeler fan! Lets see....STEELER FAN PROTOCAL

First comes the name calling. Second comes the attack on other NFL teams in an attempt avoid the reality of the steelers performance to date. Third is the mention of last year (this is a must) and last, mention last year and throw in some more imature name calling while ignoring the truth....and maybe throw in last year again to help other steeler fans sleep better at night....

:lmao: Are you a Red Sox's fan also? Just curious.........Evilgrin 72 ...... just one of the sheep.

I'm a Steeler fan and agree with your points about the Steelers being in trouble. I also agree that Ben is having a horrible season so far. You just sound like an obnoxious hater with the childish venom in your posts that you must excuse most people for not taking your posts seriously.
:goodposting: I have serious concerns about Roethlisberger, but rather than discussing it, when someone acts like a scorned lover and punctuates his every post with an owned smiley, it's difficult to take that person seriously.

If winning it all and starting the next season 1-3 = :own3d: then I'll be owned any day of the week.

Let it roll off, Steeler faithful. This is the inevitable backlash that comes with being the defending champs. Maybe someday, the Scientist will know what that feels like.
Why do steeler fans live in the past? I mentioned nothing of last year, yes I know the steelers won last year, its not that hard to understand.Steelers are 1-3, and they look bad. The have lost key components from last year, and Joey Harrington has a better passer raiting then BIG BEN. I would say the steelers are in trouble. The fact that the steelers are defending champs is not the reason for the backlash by the majority of people, its because steeler fans are annoying and blind. Steeler fans and Red Sox fans are equal in this respect.

Wake up 1-3 :own3d: steelers! :lmao:
Are you over the age of 16? If not, then there's no excuse. :lmao: at accusing Steeler fans of "living in the past" when you're the one doing the baiting. Gee, I wonder as a Seahawks fan, exactly what axe you have to grind here, huh? Who's really living in the past?

:lmao: at calling any team (except maybe the Raiders) "owned" after 4 games, especially when you're the defending champs. Bottom line, skippy, the Steelers could suck for the next 5 years and it would be OK by me, because last season was just that sweet. Again, maybe someday you'll get to experience this too, then you'll know what I mean.

By the way, didn't your team just get squashed in their last outing as well? Maybe worry about your own conference before you let your jealousy get the best of you and force you to start calling out Steeler fans.
Good job of redirection........steeler fan! Lets see....STEELER FAN PROTOCAL

First comes the name calling. Second comes the attack on other NFL teams in an attempt avoid the reality of the steelers performance to date. Third is the mention of last year (this is a must) and last, mention last year and throw in some more imature name calling while ignoring the truth....and maybe throw in last year again to help other steeler fans sleep better at night....

:lmao: Are you a Red Sox's fan also? Just curious.........Evilgrin 72 ...... just one of the sheep.
Dude, you're nearing BGP territory here. Take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard.Please, stop insulting everyone's collective intelligence. It's pretty obvious that you are the one doing the baiting here, not me. I haven't even BEGUN to get into immature name-calling yet. :lmao:

FWIW, you really do sound like a scorned woman. Look, your venom at the Steelers is justified and understandable. Just don't be surprised that when you start in with this crap, people are not going to take you seriously. Yes, the Steelers are 1-3. They're 2 games out of the division lead. They were also 2 games out of the division lead after week 12 last season, and we al know what happened. they're not playing well, and Roethlisberger's woes are a concern, but it's WAY too early to hit the panic button. They've played 3 very good teams the last three weeks - 2 of them on the road. Let's wait until we start seeing the Clevelands, Oaklands, and Tampa Bays of the world before we go into crisis mode.

There, is that enough "truth" for you? That's where I stand right now. Now, I'm sure you'd be happy to admit that this whole fishing trip of yours stems from your resentment of the Steelers due to Super Bowl XL, right? Right?

:popcorn:

I'm not a steelers fan, but I do know, that untill the superbowl this year, they are still the CURRENT champions.

:towelwave: I love the Steelers and I also think they will repeat.

As a Colts fan, I wanted to see if I could actually post that. It's good therapy and puts me on the road to recovery from last year.

Has to be a BGP alias or a Bunghole fan.... :rolleyes:

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

Count 'em haters, that's 5, as in the number of Lombardis that Steeltown owns.... :bye:

Is this going to be an everyday occurrence? Some misspelling fool comes on to rag about the Steelers?

Guess I'll be quiet now while I wave my terrible towel. :towelwave:

This thread is quite stupid. Of course, the one yesterday was stupid too. Now, Im not saying that every Steeler bashing thread is bad, there are some ones that were done either with a good sense of "what's wrong" , or else done with at least a clue of how to smack talk.

The past couple have been QUITE lame.

Now please be QUIET, assmonkey.

:11:

eta: :towelwave:

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

I'll continue to WAVE my towel, Buttjockey. Pittsburgh has one of the most loyal fanbases in the world and just because we're off to a rough start, doesnt mean were going to be QUIET. We still have a lot to look forward to. Welcome aboard, toolbox.

ETA - We probably wont hear from you again, but who are you rooting for this season?

The reports of the Steelers' demise have been greatly exaggerated. Thanks to Denver, contmplate the following:

Cinci & Baltimore split their two games.

Pittsburgh beats Cincy in Cincy (these two teams have a habit of beting each other away from home).

Pittsburgh sweeps Baltimore.

Cincy & the Burgh each have 3 losses, Baltimore has 4. All other things being equal, the once and future Champs get to defend their title.

Yeah, the Steelers need to fix some things, but bottom line is that the season is far from over, buckaroo.

:towelwave:

I'd waive my terrible towel if the wire had an even more terrible towel to pick up, but at this point it just has a bunch of fluffy soft, non-intimidating towels.

The reports of the Steelers' demise have been greatly exaggerated. Thanks to Denver, contmplate the following:Cinci & Baltimore split their two games.Pittsburgh beats Cincy in Cincy (these two teams have a habit of beting each other away from home).Pittsburgh sweeps Baltimore.Cincy & the Burgh each have 3 losses, Baltimore has 4. All other things being equal, the once and future Champs get to defend their title. Yeah, the Steelers need to fix some things, but bottom line is that the season is far from over, buckaroo. :towelwave:
Agree that it's still too early to write the epitaph on the Steelers 2006 season.That being said, I wouldn't be too optimistic with those predictions. The Steelers are in trouble if Big Ben doesn't improve, quickly. What made Big Ben special was his ability tomake the right decision and his ability to make the big play when needed. I think they should have kept him out for a bit longer to properly recover. Now he's both physically less than 100% and his confidence is taking a bit of a hit. When your QB is getting the Daunte Culpepper Glazed Look of Doom, you're in big trouble
.....and Stop pissing in the shark pool...........you are 1-3
Umm...I think you should focus on your (equal) mess of a team

#1 Nobody cares about your fantasy football team.#2 The result of Super Bowl XL hasn't changed. Let it go.#3 The Bears just scored on your beloved Seahawks again.
Where in my post did I say any of this? Bitter steeler fan....... how is 1-3? :own3d:

.....and Stop pissing in the shark pool...........you are 1-3
#1 Nobody cares about your fantasy football team.#2 The result of Super Bowl XL hasn't changed. Let it go.

#3 The Bears just scored on your beloved Seahawks again.
I ignored The Scientool a long time ago...He's never once had anything worthwhile to post about, Every PIT thread has him acting like a troll -- ignore him and he just becomes white noise. It's funny when someone quotes him and I occasionally see his posts -- its exactly the same drivel I muted 3 months ago. Ahhh. GB ignore function. :)

#1 Nobody cares about your fantasy football team.#2 The result of Super Bowl XL hasn't changed. Let it go.#3 The Bears just scored on your beloved Seahawks again.
Where in my post did I say any of this? Bitter steeler fan....... how is 1-3? :own3d:

Better waive those towels while you can....KC comes to town this week for the first time in 17 seasons. Have to make up for lost time! LJ hoemcoming as well.

If my team were the defending champs and 1-3 I'd be peachy with that after Super Bowl glow. Of course the Steelers as a franchise have very high expectations and most franchise just don't know any better. There is good and bad in that scenario from a Steeler fan perspective I imagine.

What do Steelers fans think this team is going to do the rest of the year?

Starting 1-3 in the AFC, which is very strong this year, is not a good sign. Despite the loss last night, I will be surprised if the Ravens do not win around 10-11 games. Same for the Bengals. So given that, the Steelers would need to go 9-3 the rest of the way, which is possible, of course, to at least potentially tie with those teams, but with their tough schedule, I don't know. I have no doubt that Cowher will turn things around and getting winning games again here very soon, but in that conference, and that division, they had better do it ASAP.

Ghost Rider said:
What do Steelers fans think this team is going to do the rest of the year? Starting 1-3 in the AFC, which is very strong this year, is not a good sign. Despite the loss last night, I will be surprised if the Ravens do not win around 10-11 games. Same for the Bengals. So given that, the Steelers would need to go 9-3 the rest of the way, which is possible, of course, but with their tough schedule, I don't know. I have no doubt that Cowher will turn things around and getting winning games again here very soon, but in that conference, and that division, they had better do it ASAP.
It's not looking good at this point. Your ponies beating Baltimore helped last night :hifive: Normally if we play well and lose and I have supreme confidence that we can turn things around and there never really was an opponent I felt we couldn't beat -- but with Ben playing like he has been, I have no confidence right now. He needs to figure out wth is wrong and correct it with the quickness if we are to have any prayer this year. But, even if not and it takes him until week 12 to turn it around, I still take it in a heartbeat when its combined with the ride they gave us last year. I don't agree with putting Batch in -- Ben needs to get "it" back. He's not going to do that on the bench. We can only hope it's sooner rather than later.

It's not looking good at this point. Your ponies beating Baltimore helped last night :hifive:
Yep. It is now time for the Steelers to return the favor and beat the Chiefs next week. :)
Normally if we play well and lose and I have supreme confidence that we can turn things around and there never really was an opponent I felt we couldn't beat -- but with Ben playing like he has been, I have no confidence right now. He needs to figure out wth is wrong and correct it with the quickness if we are to have any prayer this year. But, even if not and it takes him until week 12 to turn it around, I still take it in a heartbeat when its combined with the ride they gave us last year. I don't agree with putting Batch in -- Ben needs to get "it" back. He's not going to do that on the bench. We can only hope it's sooner rather than later.
I agree 100%. If Roethlisberger can turn things around, the wins will start coming again. The Steelers defense has been fine. They are running the ball pretty well. The passing game is struggling. I still wonder if the absence of a legit number 2 receiver is hurting them more than some think. Hines Ward is good, but with Randle El gone, there is no one to really stretch the field. It is kind of like what NE is going through, and look how Brady has struggled at times this season so far.

Steelers streaks since Roethlisberger became starter

2004- Won 15 in a row, including playoffs.

2005- Won 4 consecutive, lost 3 consecutive, won 8 consecutive including playoffs

2006- Lost 3 straight.

As Sam Adams used to say in the United Way commercials, "Doe not panic."

Users who are viewing this thread