What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peyton Manning’s image built on lies (1 Viewer)

So what should be the punishment for a 20 year old who drops trou and puts his butt on someone's head?
Nice deflection buddy, but that is not what happened.. Why don't you go spin your gears for a few minutes coming up with a new hilarious sexual assault joke.
So what happened?
Ask the Manning's who have sealed the exact details.
Oh, in that case you sound like an excellent candidate for jury duty.

JuniorNB said:
A college kid being a goof and doing something inappropriate is not exactly a candidate for America's Most Wanted. Hell, I've done worse.
That says more about you than I probably needed to know. Most people I know wouldn't do anything close to what Peyton did in this situation. The fact that you can casually dismiss someone who would do something like this to a woman is the reason why #######s get away with this ####.

JuniorNB said:
A college kid being a goof and doing something inappropriate is not exactly a candidate for America's Most Wanted. Hell, I've done worse.
That says more about you than I probably needed to know. Most people I know wouldn't do anything close to what Peyton did in this situation. The fact that you can casually dismiss someone who would do something like this to a woman is the reason why #######s get away with this ####.
Thank you. He put his a**hole on her face. HE PUT HIS A**HOLE ON HER FACE! Just thought I'd repeat that in case it was hard to understand.

JuniorNB said:
Thank you. He put his a**hole on her face. HE PUT HIS A**HOLE ON HER FACE! Just thought I'd repeat that in case it was hard to understand.
Imagine being this woman, trying to do your job, and the "leader" of the team not only does this to you (after an incident two years earlier that the Manning family successfully was able to cover up, by the way, which I hadn't heard before yesterday's article) but continues to taunt you in your workplace by reenacting the harassment with teammates in your presence. Imagine making up to go to work every day wondering what additional embarrassment and humiliation is waiting for you by the person who robbed you of your dignity.

Those of you who simply laugh this off are part of the problem. Period. I hope none of you ever have daughters.

This seems to me to be applying 2016 morality and standards to 1996 actions.
Bull. That's sexual assault/harassment in 1996 as well.
Well, it obviously was because the university was forced to deal with it.At the same time, I remember some pretty nasty hazing stuff from those days - fraternity, as well as collegiate sports. And I went to an engineering school that didnt have big time athletics.

Again, not saying I condone what happened, but let's not pretend that there wasnt far worse stuff happening across most college campuses. I would be absolutely shocked if there is a big-time college star (not named Tebow) who doesn't have some skeletons in his closet and hasn't done some things he regrets.

I think it's the character assassination stuff that's new. The aggressive "shut her down" tactics. Saying she was foul mouthed. "Every other word out of her mouth was a cuss word." or whatever. The Mannings ruined her career.

I don't think I have to be a Pats fan to think that's pretty lousy.

I've kind of liked Manning. Lots of respect for how hard he's worked to come back. Hell, in drills at training camp the man was soaking his hand in ice water because he knew his hand was going to be numb later in the year and he wanted to be accustomed to throwing that way.

But this is kind of separate from that. (Or, maybe it's part of the same drive.)

So what should be the punishment for a 20 year old who drops trou and puts his butt on someone's head?
Some want to pretend as if the most disgusting and reprehensible act was the one and only thing he and daddy did to the young woman :no:

This Shaun King fella - he is rehashing this because he didn't like how Cam is being treated by the media. He points out that the Manning family really hurt the woman's career by breaking the confidentiality agreement by mentioning it in his book.

Does King think that bringing this up again will help her with her career? Is this helping her find justice, or is this picking at an old scab?

If my kid was an 18 year-old blue chip prospect and a trainer tried to turn some immature horseplay into a sexual assault case and ruin his career/reputation, I'm not sure I wouldn't also try to smear her.
Doubt anyone who reads your IQ in your contributions on here are surprised.

As a Broncos fan, this really puts a big stain on our win and Manning's legacy. I want to thank those of you in here fighting the good fight. The Broncos should be forced to return the Superbowl trophy. And since New England would have likely beaten the Panthers, the trophy should be given to them. Additionally, ESPN should run this story around the clock so that the world can know what kind of ##### Manning really is. I plan to do my part by refusing to eat Papa John's pizza, refusing to drink beer, switching over to Cox, and cancelling my Nationwide insurance. This is so important and relevant to my life that I will no longer allow my kids to worship Manning. That will be the hard part. He is such a big part of what we are as a family. We follow everything he does. Maybe we should hitch our wagon to the true GOAT, Mr. Tom Brady. In closing, my world is tumbling down now with this news. I am up in arms and furious that Manning is sitting in floats at Disneyland while this innocent victim suffers through this again. I will be setting up a petition for everyone interested so that the wheels of justice can once again spin in the right direction. Down with Manning! My ex-idol. Thank you for helping me to see the light and to focus on the things that matter most in this world: Peyton Manning's undeserving legacy. I wont rest, eat, or go to work until the planet knows how terrible Manning is. Everyone deserves to know. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some want to pretend as if the most disgusting and reprehensible act was the one and only thing he and daddy did to the young woman :no:
That really isn't an answer to the question. How would you punish someone for the actual act of dropping his pants and putting his naked butt on her face?

The cover up typically turns out worse than the crime.

This isn't a case of some young immature guy, mooning someone in a locker room. Or say, out at a bar or a party, etc., where they had a few too many and got sloppy with a girl. We have all seen something along those lines and could be more forgiving but this is a different situation that people shouldn't be too quick to dismiss.

Star player, privileged, who has the power to 'get away' with things that others can't.

The victim of the sexual assault had been unfairly labeled a lesbian and was the subject of ridicule by coaches and people within the football program had been harassed verbally up to the point she was physically assaulted.

Star player crosses the line by sexually assaulting the female trainer then he fabricated a story to cover up his crime. His lie was exposed by the player in his story he used to cover-up his crime since that player denied the false story. That player was punished for telling the truth.

The female has been accosted by fans of the team and Peyton Manning. He story has been dismissed every time this story comes up.

Meanwhile, Rectum-Boi makes hundreds of millions of dollars and the fans of whatever team that he plays with denies any possible negative aspect of the story by trying to say, it is old news, or you must be a Patriots fan because my guy could never do anything wrong.

Peyton wasn't out drinking with his buds, he didn't only drop trou and moon somebody, He committed a sexual assault and I'm glad he will never live it down because he's never owned up to it.

This isn't a case of some young immature guy, mooning someone in a locker room. Or say, out at a bar or a party, etc., where they had a few too many and got sloppy with a girl. We have all seen something along those lines and could be more forgiving but this is a different situation that people shouldn't be too quick to dismiss.

Star player, privileged, who has the power to 'get away' with things that others can't.

The victim of the sexual assault had been unfairly labeled a lesbian and was the subject of ridicule by coaches and people within the football program had been harassed verbally up to the point she was physically assaulted.

Star player crosses the line by sexually assaulting the female trainer then he fabricated a story to cover up his crime. His lie was exposed by the player in his story he used to cover-up his crime since that player denied the false story. That player was punished for telling the truth.

The female has been accosted by fans of the team and Peyton Manning. He story has been dismissed every time this story comes up.

Meanwhile, Rectum-Boi makes hundreds of millions of dollars and the fans of whatever team that he plays with denies any possible negative aspect of the story by trying to say, it is old news, or you must be a Patriots fan because my guy could never do anything wrong.

Peyton wasn't out drinking with his buds, he didn't only drop trou and moon somebody, He committed a sexual assault and I'm glad he will never live it down because he's never owned up to it.
I think he did it, so let me start there but aren't all of those allegations coming from a necessarily biased report filed by her lawyers?

That really isn't an answer to the question. How would you punish someone for the actual act of dropping his pants and putting his naked butt on her face?
Between them, they had found a settlement. That question was answered. Part of the settlement was a confidentiality agreement. Then the Mannings broke the agreement.

I think he did it, so let me start there but aren't all of those allegations coming from a necessarily biased report filed by her lawyers?
You can start and end with the fact you admit that he did it. He did. He sexually assaulted someone and got away with it because he is a pampered privileged punk who is lucky because if he did that to my sister or wife or girlfriend he wouldn't have had an NFL career.

So where do we go from here? What would you have done?

I'll throw it back at ya.

What would YOU DO?

Deny it?

Smear people who tell the truth?

What would YOU DO?

Again, you are trying to minimize it; what should the punishment have been for him putting his genitals on her face? Immediate suspension and some sort of criminal charge.

Now your turn:

What should the punishment be if a man put his ### on the head and his genitals on your wife or daughters face?

What should be the punishment be for the previous incident?

What should be the punishment be for continued sexual harassment?

What should be the punishment be for ruining her career?

What should be the punishment be for him and daddy lying about her and smearing her in their book?

You can start and end with the fact you admit that he did it. He did. He sexually assaulted someone and got away with it because he is a pampered privileged punk who is lucky because if he did that to my sister or wife or girlfriend he wouldn't have had an NFL career.
My goodness. Who cares about what I admit? What I admit has nothing to do with it.

And spare the internet tough guy indignation and hero fantasies about what you would or would not have done. No one cares and I doubt even you believe that you would have done anything more than her family or friends did.

My question was simply about what people think the appropriate punishment should be. Apparently you think maiming is the appropriate response (presuming that is what you meant by "...he wouldn't have had an NFL career").

And I am sorry but calling this sexual assault seems to be an inflammatory stretch. Bullying seems to be a more honest interpretation. That doesn't make it better, it's really just as bad but it is also more honest and far less sensationalist.

My goodness. Who cares about what I admit? What I admit has nothing to do with it.

And spare the internet tough guy indignation and hero fantasies about what you would or would not have done. No one cares and I doubt even you believe that you would have done anything more than her family or friends did.

My question was simply about what people think the appropriate punishment should be. Apparently you think maiming is the appropriate response (presuming that is what you meant by "...he wouldn't have had an NFL career").
i agree with one thing that you say.

Who cares what you say?

I don't get why it pops up now.
Author had serious issues with people calling out Cam for his pouting, and the only way to deflect it was to tear down the other guy.ETA: oh, and we have to make it about race.
I believe it likely has something to do with this
"A sweeping lawsuit filed by six former female students against the University of Tennessee last week argues its athletics department has long condoned a 'hostile sexual environment' stretching back to the mid-1990s, citing nearly a dozen instances of former student-athletes accused of sexual assault including [Manning]," according to the Tennessean's Anita Wadhwani and Nate Rau.
In any event, it is newsworthy if only because USA Today had this information and swept it under the rug 13 years ago, after the Manning's violated terms of their agreement. Time to stop making excuses for privileged ######s.ETA Tennesseean link: http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2016/02/09/sweeping-sexual-assault-suit-filed-against-ut/79966450/

Again, you are trying to minimize it; what should the punishment have been for him putting his genitals on her face? Immediate suspension and some sort of criminal charge.

Now your turn:

What should the punishment be if a man put his ### on the head and his genitals on your wife or daughters face?

What should be the punishment be for him and daddy lying about her and smearing her in their book?
No, I am describing what actually happened and you are making it overly sensational and trying to maximize the impact.

Not my turn yet because you didn't actually answer the question. Your hypotheticals are meaningless and not supported by anything but the statement written by the plaintiff by her lawyers. You do realize that this 74 page report is necessarily biased, right?

I'll throw it back at ya.What would YOU DO?

Deny it?

What would YOU DO?
I'd acknowledge that it happened, understand it has already been dealt with to the satisfaction of the victim, and continue with my life.

i agree with one thing that you say.

Who cares what you say?
Why won't you answer a simple question?

What would be an appropriate punishment? What is the problem with answering that?

Only thing worse than Manning is a sad sack and insecure NE fan who somehow has to bring Manning down since he knows that the Pat's whole "mystique" is built on lies, and cheating (well, former mystique , as most have caught onto the truth by now) .

Maybe the Pats and PM are even more alike than we realized. Sad all around, really.

(And, while this is said part in fun and jest blah blah... the honest reality is that its quite a bit true. Which sucks. For football, for most fans. But who is surprised? Manning can be a controlling ####### with support of his family, and NE fans are insecure and petty)

I'll throw it back at ya.What would YOU DO?

Deny it?

What would YOU DO?
I'd acknowledge that it happened, understand it has already been dealt with to the satisfaction of the victim, and continue with my life.
I agree with you that I'd acknowledge it happened and that is something that Peyton unfortunately, has not done but I think that you would never have committed the crime that Peyton did in the first place.

I just don't like the fact that ESPN told its anchors/employees to not mention the story.
Another in a long string of reasons why the vast majority of media outlets should not be taken at face value.

Still it shouldn't be surprising considering they are billion dollar business partners and if you remember Playmakers, which was ESPN's second highest rated show to Sunday Night Football (which they had at the time) when they cancelled it, you know this isn't the first time it happened between the two.

Now your turn:

No, I am describing what actually happened and you are making it overly sensational and trying to maximize the impact.

Not my turn yet because you didn't actually answer the question. Your hypotheticals are meaningless and not supported by anything but the statement written by the plaintiff by her lawyers. You do realize that this 74 page report is necessarily biased, right?
No you aren't describing what actually happened, how could you, you weren't there (but Malcom Saxon was). You are describing and not describing against all evidence to the contrary what you hope happened or didn't happen.

Have you not even read the article? The things I mentioned are supported by an eye witness, a judges findings and other student athletes; not too mention having to pay her off twice.

I directly answered your question (suspension and criminal charges), now answer mine or don't and I won't bother with you anymore.

This Shaun King fella - he is rehashing this because he didn't like how Cam is being treated by the media.
No not really ,did you read the article? If not let me fill you in. He does not like how Cam was treated by the media, that part is true and that led to him post a picture on his Instagram account and comments left on that account led him to check into this story in more detail. That's not even remotely the same thing as setting out with the purpose of rehasing this because of how he feels Cam was treated.

At whatever rate SI, which I guess has no axe to grind, has gone with the story: http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/13/peyton-manning-tennessee-sexual-assault-allegations-Jamie-Naughright and now ESPN is finally coming around : http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14776509/lawsuit-alleges-peyton-manning-tennessee-athletes-created-hostile-sexual-environment

ETA-this guy actually wrote about this story, with more detail, before King and before the SB: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/01/peyton-s-manning-s-forgotten-sex-scandal.html?via=mobile&source=twitter

And to the question people keep asking about why this old case is coming up now I'd point the article above and say it's basically Peyton's fault because he's the one that kept bringing this back up.

Whatever anyone feels about the King or his intentions I don't see how it's relevant.

I'm actually kind of surprised by the amount of people in here trying to downplay the seriousness of the incident. It reminds me of the people who were downplaying Peterson beating his son with a switch.

Even if it was a prank, it wasn't light hearted and it was sexual assault.

Surprised to see ESPN to be covering it, I had read that ESPN wasn't going touch on it:

Dennis and Callahan Verified account ‏@DandCShow

I was just told by a current ESPN anchor that all ESPN employees were told not to report or discuss the Daily News story on Peyton Manning.

And I am sorry but calling this sexual assault seems to be an inflammatory stretch. Bullying seems to be a more honest interpretation. That doesn't make it better, it's really just as bad but it is also more honest and far less sensationalist.
Thank you. And the story is being sensationalized by Manning's haters. The woman wasn't tied down. If he really did drop his shorts and do this, it would have gone about half a second before she ducked or turned away. The 'rubbed his butthole across my face' stuff is pure nonsense.

Hey guys, protip to keep you out of jail since you guys aren't Peyton Manning. There are very few circumstances when you can sit on a womans face and it not be sexual assault. They all involve sexual acts - a shocker I know, being sexual assault under every other circumstance.

Hey guys, protip to keep you out of jail since you guys aren't Peyton Manning. There are very few circumstances when you can sit on a womans face and it not be sexual assault. They all involve sexual acts - a shocker I know, being sexual assault under every other circumstance.
Patriots fans are the only ones trying to paint that scenario. Protip

Go down to the police station. Dangle your wang in the face of the first female officer you see. See what they charge you with. Report back.

Where were Patriots fans when Aaron Hernandez killed a man? Probably hoping he got off so he could catch passes from Brady. After all, the guy he killed was probably a thug who deserved it right? SMH @ the selective witch hunting in here. Im out.

Its the victims account of the events as well as the only witness - the only person suggesting otherwise is Peyton... who has since lied about it twice and settled out of court twice.

Its the victims account of the events as well as the only witness - the only person suggesting otherwise is Peyton...
horseplay. Stupid,immature, inappropriate...but far closer to horseplay than sexual assault.

Where were Patriots fans when Aaron Hernandez killed a man? Probably hoping he got off so he could catch passes from Brady. After all, the guy he killed was probably a thug who deserved it right? SMH @ the selective witch hunting in here. Im out.
I don't know why 'patriots fans' needs to keep being mentioned over and over, its a sore act. Dispute the issue. "Ya, but Patriots fans" isn't a well thought out response to the topic. If you have nothing to add about the Manning accusations then maybe just move on?

Thank you. And the story is being sensationalized by Manning's haters. The woman wasn't tied down. If he really did drop his shorts and do this, it would have gone about half a second before she ducked or turned away. The 'rubbed his butthole across my face' stuff is pure nonsense.
I still think he's a bullying jerk who should have been suspended at the time, and the way the university is reported to have responded is shameful and should have carried punishment as well but the notion of this rising to criminal behavior on Manning's part deserving of charges that carry jail time seems disproportionate.

Sadly the new reality is that people like to keep their pitchforks permanently sharpened.

I don't know why 'patriots fans' needs to keep being mentioned over and over, its a sore act. Dispute the issue. "Ya, but Patriots fans" isn't a well thought out response to the topic. If you have nothing to add about the Manning accusations then maybe just move on?
seriously. This has nothing to do with the patriots or pats fans.

Users who are viewing this thread