What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Orlosvky? (1 Viewer)

Jail

Footballguy
So, if you watched the Minn-Det game this week any thoughts on how he played?

Just going by the stat line it looks promising for a 1st time starter, 12-21, 150 yards, 1 TD and the most important stat Kitna never has... 0 turnovers. 6 sacks though. Were they on the O-line or Stanton holding too long like Bledsoe & Carr?

If he keeps playing like that I'm guessing he keeps Stanton on the bench a bit longer, huh?

Not sure, didn't see much, but if a guy doesn't have enough field sense to NOT run out of the back of the endzone on a pass play, there's not much more for me to see.

Here is the 1 problem with Orlovsky - He is on par with Dan Marino . . . in mobility . . . . post achilles tear.

He is an excellent pocket passer, however, and I don't understand why everyone wants to throw Stanton in there. I think the Lions have something in Orlovsky. He should at least get a 4-6 game audition. He is playing behind a sieve of a line.

Not sure, didn't see much, but if a guy doesn't have enough field sense to NOT run out of the back of the endzone on a pass play, there's not much more for me to see.
:goodposting: Terrible mistake, but not sure why you would give up on a player for a boneheaded mistake like that.

Agreed. This was one of the most pathetic things I've witnessed on an NFL field in a while.He was about 2 feet past the end line and seemed to still not have any clue as to what the problem was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. This was one of the most pathetic things I've witnessed on an NFL field in a while.He was about 2 feet passed the end line and seemed to still not have any clue as to what the problem was.
seriously, that was so embarrasing. I dont even know if Orlosvky knew it was a rule.

We should forget about that Romo guy too. Not enough presence to cleanly hold for that PAT or FG (I forget now if it was a FG or PAT).

Seriously, sure that looked like a bad mistake and it was but we are talking about a guy who spent most of the first quarter inside his 5 yard line. I did watch most of the game and while I am not running out to add Orlovsky I think he played OK. He had a nice throw that Calvin Johnson dropped too that maybe was they play before the safety (I don't remember for sure). That play would have been 20 or 30 yards.

Another thing I really liked to see was that when Calvin scored the TD the WRs gathered together and handed Orlovsky the TD ball and he spiked it. It was just one of those little things that may have indicated the team was rallying around him.

Again, overall I thought he played OK which isn't bad for his first start. I would think he could be worth a flier for larger dynasty type leagues. Nothing to really rule him out as an NFL QB in that game.

Agreed. This was one of the most pathetic things I've witnessed on an NFL field in a while.He was about 2 feet past the end line and seemed to still not have any clue as to what the problem was.
Yup. That's all you need to see.

He is an excellent pocket passer, however, and I don't understand why everyone wants to throw Stanton in there. I think the Lions have something in Orlovsky. He should at least get a 4-6 game audition. He is playing behind a sieve of a line.
Excellent pocket passer? That's going a little too far. He looked better in the 2nd half than the first, but he put too much air on several of his throws, especially the deep ones. I don't know if u watched the game or not, but he didn't look like a starting NFL QB to me at all. He is back up material. People want to see Stanton because:He was a guy Martz liked and throught he could make a decent starting QB out of. Stanton is mobile and has the ability to make plays with his feet. Being the Lions OL is bad like you said.... he won't stay back in the pocket like Kitna and just take a beating. Stanton's more of a playmaker than Kitna or Orlovsky, and the Lions offense could use all the help it can. Plus after a while you get sick of the same crap every week... Lost enough games with Kitna under center. If you aren't going to win or be comeptitive let's see what the younger guys have.

The funny thing is, he almost did it a couple plays before that too. I am amazed that Marinelli didn't warn him about it during the time-out right before this play.

The funny thing is, he almost did it a couple plays before that too. I am amazed that Marinelli didn't warn him about it during the time-out right before this play.
Marinelli is clueless
There's no way that guy is HC next season.

WOW. That does sound pretty bad. Actually, I was just reading a blurb on this play in Peter King's column. I agree if he does something that stupid its hard to imagine he has the mentality it takes to be an NFL starter. That being said...sounds like he gave Detroit a better shot at winning then Kitna. It will be interesting to see if they play Stanton. I read lots of good things about him, but if he can't get any playing time behind a loser like Kitna it sounds like maybe no Detroit QB is worth watching this year.

WOW. That does sound pretty bad. Actually, I was just reading a blurb on this play in Peter King's column. I agree if he does something that stupid its hard to imagine he has the mentality it takes to be an NFL starter. That being said...sounds like he gave Detroit a better shot at winning then Kitna. It will be interesting to see if they play Stanton. I read lots of good things about him, but if he can't get any playing time behind a loser like Kitna it sounds like maybe no Detroit QB is worth watching this year.
Stanton been hurt basically the last few years. I do believe the put him on IR for the year last year even though he would of been ready towards the end of the year. This year he got hurt in perseason and is just now working hilmself back in game shape.

Excellent pocket passer? That's going a little too far. He looked better in the 2nd half than the first, but he put too much air on several of his throws, especially the deep ones. I don't know if u watched the game or not, but he didn't look like a starting NFL QB to me at all. He is back up material. People want to see Stanton because:He was a guy Martz liked and throught he could make a decent starting QB out of. Stanton is mobile and has the ability to make plays with his feet. Being the Lions OL is bad like you said.... he won't stay back in the pocket like Kitna and just take a beating. Stanton's more of a playmaker than Kitna or Orlovsky, and the Lions offense could use all the help it can. Plus after a while you get sick of the same crap every week... Lost enough games with Kitna under center. If you aren't going to win or be comeptitive let's see what the younger guys have.
:goodposting: It was his first game as a starter. He threw no picks and had a passer rating about 90. I am not saying he is Tony Romo II, but I am saying there is potential there, and the Lions would be fools to bench him after 1 game.

12 21 57.1 150 7.1 1 0 6 38 95.3

This is not a stat line from a nfl debut that screams out awfulness. He didn't look fantastic, but he will get another chance.

12 21 57.1 150 7.1 1 0 6 38 95.3 This is not a stat line from a nfl debut that screams out awfulness. He didn't look fantastic, but he will get another chance.
I never said he was awful. In another thread I said Kitna was awful, though.

Users who are viewing this thread