What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ok Corey Washington earned his own thread (4 Viewers)

So how do Giants fans feel about Washington moving forward? No doubt dynasty stash, right? But will grandpa give him a chance to win PT next preseason, or is he doomed to the bench until he plays better on special teams (which makes no sense BTW)?
2nd year seems to be when the old man gives undrafted guy a chance. Who knows but there's an opening opposite Beckham and he passes the eye test.

So how do Giants fans feel about Washington moving forward? No doubt dynasty stash, right? But will grandpa give him a chance to win PT next preseason, or is he doomed to the bench until he plays better on special teams (which makes no sense BTW)?
From last month.

We know Coughlin is old school and has his own program for developing players. That's one view that says he needs to do more ST work to earn and learn. Washington isn't a prime candidate at KR/PR so it's all about effort at blocking?

He has a unique skillset among the current WRs on the Giants. This could be a good thing for him coming into next year. He just needs to stick with the team and keep at it.

If he has another preseason in 2015 like he had in 2014 I think there is no way the old man can keep him off the field. Beckham, Cruz (if healthy) will be targets 1&2. Washington would make a nice red zone target for sure.

If he has another preseason in 2015 like he had in 2014 I think there is no way the old man can keep him off the field. Beckham, Cruz (if healthy) will be targets 1&2. Washington would make a nice red zone target for sure.
Keep in mind the strong possibility the Cruz will never be the same type of impact receiver as he has been, and this is even more true. Can't believe how key a pick OBD was in retrospect.

identikit said:
wdcrob said:
Is it even guaranteed that Coughlin will be back next year?
Thought I saw that Coughlin and Reese had 1 more year.
It was that the owner wants him back, gave his blessing.

He's under contract.

This would mark the first time the Giants let a coach coach in the final year of their contract. Traditionally, they renew or end it prematurely.

"I thought Corey Washington had an excellent spring. I thought he had an excellent spring in the classroom and in the meetings," WR coach Sean Ryan said. "His attitude was outstanding. He worked. He got better and we will compile all the catches, but he is right up there. I am not sure if he didn't lead the pack in catches and productivity for the spring. He certainly stood out to me."

There's an opportunity for someone opposite OB - Cruz is recovering from a devastating injury and has a big contract, and Randle is in the last year of his deal. No idea how much Washington will play this year but he's got a shot at being the starter in 2016.

Rotoworld:

Corey Washington - WR - Giants

GM Jerry Reese singled out WR Corey Washington as a player to watch during training camp.

Washington caught just five passes last regular season, but showed his upside in the preseason by scoring four times in five games. Still just 23 years old, the developmental project is competing to be the top backup to outside receivers Odell Beckham and Rueben Randle.

Source: NJ.com

Jul 27 - 9:51 AM

What a difference a year makes..So who picks him up when he gets cut....Browns, Panthers, Titans, Patriots, etc.
they have Tyms for the physical freak, i think.

i could see the Panthers. maybe also the Rams. Fisher seems to get players like him.
Tyms went to IR. Regardless, Washington, dependent on this leg injury, still can impress in weeks 3/4. Randle/Cruz won't be 100%

Users who are viewing this thread