What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official US Women's soccer thread: Gold Cup Final- US 1 - Brazil 0! (2 Viewers)

Finally watching the Portugal game. The US had so many early chances then the game just got....weird. I do not think the officiating was great but that's not the reason for the outcome.

I dunno.....I think our girls are sitting on a big game. I had a small wager on Sweden advancing as a misery hedge a few hours ago - decent odds. DK let me cash it out at par. So I did and emptied my entire DK account on USWNT advancing and I might add more as the edibles kick in and I smoke a joint outside under the stars. I might go deeeeeeep on US advancing.

I believe.

We also have left over Korean food!!!!
I haven't seen you this excited since the PSF got nuked.

Be cool if I can convince my daughter to watch with me. She called me out - rightfully so - for spending so much time with her brothers. We already have the morning planned to disc golf and brunch..might as well start the fun now!

Much better holding the ball in the defensive and middle thirds -- not sure why, except they're kind of just playing better.

Still having trouble connecting with the front three -- too many hopeful balls blasted forward, Route 1-ing it -- but every now and then it clicks and they look like they've figured it out.

Just need to finish a couple of these.

Sweden started decently, but has gone into a tight defensive stance. I suspect they have some advantage on attacking corners so look for their offense to try and generate some. But Dunn is so damn fast at left back. She's playing better than she did in the first 2 games.

A Morgan of 2019 gets a foot on that ball and it has a chance of going in. 2023 Morgan misses the ball and no chance created.

Sullivan and Sonnet in the double pivot are uninspiring. 2 of the weakest USMNT players playing side by side in the middle of the park. I think that might be the crux of the USWNT struggles.

Extra time in both halves was a joke along with lack of fouls called (for both sides).

US should have put one in already. Hoping they can get one late and not have to get to PKs.

Also, how many times is Morgan gonna be offsides on a mistimed run? I guess they have no replacement for her.
Rapinoe in for her now. The sad thing is it wasn’t like Morgan was even getting good looks after being offsides. A couple times she should have but didn’t have clean first touches and ended up having to gather while the Swedes caught up.

Also, how many times is Morgan gonna be offsides on a mistimed run? I guess they have no replacement for her.
Rapinoe in for her now. The sad thing is it wasn’t like Morgan was even getting good looks after being offsides. A couple times she should have but didn’t have clean first touches and ended up having to gather while the Swedes caught up.
Smith to the middle and Rapinoe left wing. I don't think Rapinoe has it any more other than maybe being in for penalties.

Great use of subs there, coach. Your telling me that Sullivan and Sonnett at 110 mins are still better than what you got on your bench?

Users who are viewing this thread