What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (7 Viewers)

Venezia now 2 points back from auto promotion with one game to play.

Venezia holds the tie breaker (assuming it is GD), so a win by Venezia and a draw or worse for Como and Venezia goes up.

Booth Senior started today - I think his first start since coming back from injury. Taken out at half...I assume that was planned in advance. I didn't watch, so no idea how he did. Looks like Aaronson Junior started against him.

Also, Paredes started at left back for Wolfsburg yesterday. I only watched for a few minutes, but thought he looked ok (nothing special). I think he hasn't been starting recently, so whatever gets him more minutes is probably a good thing.

Actually watching the replay (we were on the far side during that half) he had more space than I recall but was further out. I thought he was only a yard or so outside the 18 when he hit it, but he was much further back than that.

Commentators talking about how unhappy AC Milan fans are with the team’s performance. Aren’t they in second place?

Pretty good game from CP. nice assist on Giroud’s goal
wow, that was really nice. The burst to open up the cross window was excellent as was the cross itself

ChuckMe92 Soccer
https://twitter.com/ChuckMe92Soccer
@ChuckMe92Soccer

McGlynn has a wide variety of European interest but champions PSV are a specifically named suitor. That would be a near-ideal move: a great developmental league but still strong enough to be a Top 6 League in Europe, playing with fellow Yanks , for a side that dominates possession.

PSV does have two central midfielders on the latest Netherlands MNT roster so McGlynn wouldn't be an auto-starter with this move. But with all of their competitions: Eredivisie, Champions League, multiple cups -- he'd still get plenty of minutes if earned, and he certainly has the talent.

I was expecting McGlynn to look younger and more out of place. For some reason I thought he was 18 still. He definitely looks the part of a pro midfielder.
How did his pace/quickness look live? On TV he comes across as a little slow... Quick of mind/action, but a little slow just getting to spots.

ChuckMe92 Soccer
https://twitter.com/ChuckMe92Soccer
@ChuckMe92Soccer

McGlynn has a wide variety of European interest but champions PSV are a specifically named suitor. That would be a near-ideal move: a great developmental league but still strong enough to be a Top 6 League in Europe, playing with fellow Yanks , for a side that dominates possession.

PSV does have two central midfielders on the latest Netherlands MNT roster so McGlynn wouldn't be an auto-starter with this move. But with all of their competitions: Eredivisie, Champions League, multiple cups -- he'd still get plenty of minutes if earned, and he certainly has the talent.
Of the guys who currently get playing time for PSV who are listed as midfielders...
Tillman - mix of attacking mid and wing. Clearly won't lose playing time to McGlynn
Til - pure attacking mid. Also won't lose playing time to McGlynn
Badabi - mix of attacking mid and wing. Just started playing recently and I haven't been super impressed, but he's 19 and I think highly regarded
Veerman - Seems like more of a defensive mid. Won't lose playing time to McGlynn
Saibari - Described as 'attacking mid' on wikipedia, but I think he's more of an 8. Won't lose playing time to McGlynn

That said, maybe not as crowded as it sounds, because they really only have two strong pure wings (Bakayoko and Lozano).

Ledezma could be among the guys who don't get much playing time now who could be in the mix as well.

No idea what anyone's contract situation is for next year.

I was expecting McGlynn to look younger and more out of place. For some reason I thought he was 18 still. He definitely looks the part of a pro midfielder.
How did his pace/quickness look live? On TV he comes across as a little slow... Quick of mind/action, but a little slow just getting to spots.
I also remember, I think, that McGlynn was not engaging enough defensively when he was younger. I assume he has improved in this area but when I see highlights, they are only of the offensive variety.

I also remember, I think, that McGlynn was not engaging enough defensively when he was younger. I assume he has improved in this area but when I see highlights, they are only of the offensive variety.
Limited viewing on my part, but he struck me as a 10 more than an 8 or 6 because of that... Which limits his usefulness at the Sr level.

But I'm a fan of what little I've seen for the yutes and club- love his vision and touch feeding killer balls.. elite level. That he's also got these kind of goals in him.. hell yes. And as you say, if he's developed his defensive game as well, he could be a major part of this team. Not sure this PSV squad is the place to develop that for him, but would be cool to see him take a step up and see how he fits.

He was not super visible to be honest. Didn't stand out, certainly didn't control space. The Philly MF looked weak and had trouble in possession and transition. DC really controlled the game. The first half was particularly poor for Philly, but either DC backed off or Philly stepped up in the second half.

McGlynn wasn't a ball hawk and didn't close off passing lanes or control tempo. That's all stuff I'd want to see from an 8.

Great stat

Chris Richards' 40th-minute assist for Crystal Palace was the 46th assist by a #USMNT player in the top 5 European leagues this season. The only non-European countries with more are Brazil and Argentina

Users who are viewing this thread