What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (2 Viewers)

After watching it again im fine with the outcome. That fight was super close but i think Haney got it, or should i say, i dont think Loma did enough to take 4 belts off an undefeated champion. He was close though. Each round was really hard to score and many could have gone both ways. i could see anything in the 115-113 range for either fighter but ultimately, i think Haney won it

And no he wont give a rematch. And no he does not want any parts of Shakur or Tank at 135. He's gonna go to 140 and give them the fight there after snatching a belt of Rolly and a money grab with Ryan.

Josh Taylor versus Teofimo this weekend. Taylor is the fav and for good reason. Never been a big Teofino fan even with his win over Loma notwithstanding. Taylor was not at his best versus Catterall (to say the least and deserved to take the loss in that fight) but Teo is not the same fighter he was since he moved up to 140. Pick: Taylor by late stoppage.

Canelo vs Jermell is quite the interesting matchup. Although its a big ask going up two weight classes to beat canelo.
Yeah, I like taking the challenge but it seems nearly impossible.
yea i respect the challenge. its a win win for charlo. It sounds like his belts may not be on the line. Only Canelos. So why the hell not. But yea i dont see him winning. Poor Tim Tszu though. I was interested in seeing that fight.

For those of you who have DAZN, check out Saturday's Survivor X match. It's a four-way boxing match where two boxers fight at once but participants can tag out. I'm curious what others think of this.

fight week gents! This is a big one! two big ones actually.
Fulton and Inoue on Tuesday. Will take Inoue by decision. Fulton does not have much power and will stick with Inoue until someone beats him.

And of course, Spence/Crawford on Saturday. Arguably the best, most important welterweight fight since Leonard/Hearns 1. Will take Spence but essentially a pick 'em fight.

Fulton and Inoue on Tuesday. Will take Inoue by decision. Fulton does not have much power and will stick with Inoue until someone beats him.

And of course, Spence/Crawford on Saturday. Arguably the best, most important welterweight fight since Leonard/Hearns 1. Will take Spence but essentially a pick 'em fight.
Haven’t bought a fight in awhile but I’m having people over for this one

Haven’t bought a fight in awhile but I’m having people over for this one
I was gonna have people over but i don’t think i am. I want to watch this in peace. But I’m certain some friends are gonna invite themselves over.

Guess we can talk about Inoue Fulton now?

It was impressive for sure, but not such a great fight. You could see the dominance in the first round. Fulton had a couple nice moments, but not sure he won more than a round. Then he got got. :shrug:

Inoue is my pick for p4p #1. He's just awesome. Pinky did you think prime Manny could do that to Floyd. I can see that, and I would have loved it.

On to Crawford and Spence. Whew. Biggest fight for me in years. I have a Leonard Hearns vibe. Tommy's boxing turned Ray into a puncher. I think Spence does that to Crawford, but Crawford might catch him. I don't have a prediction other than Crawford by stoppage or Spence by decision. Can't wait.

It was impressive for sure, but not such a great fight. You could see the dominance in the first round. Fulton had a couple nice moments, but not sure he won more than a round. Then he got got. :shrug:

Inoue is my pick for p4p #1. He's just awesome. Pinky did you think prime Manny could do that to Floyd. I can see that, and I would have loved it.

On to Crawford and Spence. Whew. Biggest fight for me in years. I have a Leonard Hearns vibe. Tommy's boxing turned Ray into a puncher. I think Spence does that to Crawford, but Crawford might catch him. I don't have a prediction other than Crawford by stoppage or Spence by decision. Can't wait.
Inoue lives up to his moniker of the Monster, that’s for sure.

I don’t have a clue how to call this fight Saturday other than to say it’s definitely one of the biggest non-HW fights of the last 40 years. I’m stoked.

I don't agree with the comparison to Floyd-Manny. Inoue is a more technical fighter than Manny was and Floyd much more skilled than Fulton (no disrespect to him). Manny was more of a whirlwind, not an assassin with patience to look for the perfect opening. Floyd vs Manny at younger ages would have definitely been better than what we got but at welter, Manny was never going to drop or stop Floyd and would have been unlikely to earn a decision.

Onto present matters;

Inoue was his usual amazing self. I've had him #1 P4P for a while and I'd be hard pressed to change that absent an absolutely dominant performance this weekend, which I don't expect from either fighter.

That's because Spence and Crawford are so well matched. I would have perferred this to have taken place 2 years ago but I'll easily take it now. Very amped and not ready to pick a winner yet

I cant call it. Im team spence. And i think folks dont give his ring IQ and boxing skills enough credit. Bud brings a ton of skill in the ring and has been a beast. be it against sub par competition. Im rooting for Spence but i can see both winning. if Bud starts slow, Spence spit decision. If Bud establishes that he can hurt Spence early, I could see a draw or Bud Split decision. IF i had to bet, id lean draw or bud Split decision.

I cant call it. Im team spence. And i think folks dont give his ring IQ and boxing skills enough credit. Bud brings a ton of skill in the ring and has been a beast. be it against sub par competition. Im rooting for Spence but i can see both winning. if Bud starts slow, Spence spit decision. If Bud establishes that he can hurt Spence early, I could see a draw or Bud Split decision. IF i had to bet, id lean draw or bud Split decision.
Hope it's got some action. I could see both being real careful. Watching for sure. I like both fighters but think Spense is stronger & better inside. anyone know the time of the main event??? Just don't want to start too early with the adult beverages.
Cheers!

Hope it's got some action. I could see both being real careful. Watching for sure. I like both fighters but think Spense is stronger & better inside. anyone know the time of the main event??? Just don't want to start too early with the adult beverages.
Cheers!
My guess is it won’t rink walk until 11:30 at the earliest. And i do think it will be action packed. In fact i see a war. The championship rounds should be epic

Users who are viewing this thread