What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Tyson Fury vs Ngannou

Here we go

Of course i have Fury winning a rather easy bout, just curious how long it takes . I`m guessing 3 rds .

1st rd Fury moves and feels Francis out.
2nd rd he starts exploiting Francis's style
3rd he opens up with precision combinations and ends the fight
I think Fury strings it out longer to make a show of it. although i put $10 on Ngannou just for the hell of it as well as $10 on rnd 9 stoppage. Lets hope we get Fury Usyk in December that will be a great fight!
Maybe he carries Francis but the guy can HIT HARD , not sure you play with a guy that strong, if you can end it ,end it

Fury took this guy lightly , he is finally acting like hes in a real fight, i see him starting to get his rhythm

Oh do I hate judging in fights (both boxing and mma)

96-93 Fury is insane given there was a 10-8 round for Francis. There were rounds Fury did NOTHING

A terrible decision in boxing??
I am a huge MMA fan and I can tell you it is no better there either for judging.

I am fine with the two score cards that had it close. The one that gave it to Fury was marginal imo but there were a lot of close rounds due to low activity for both fighters.

But there is no sane fight fan alive who could look at the 96-93 card and think that was correct.

A terrible decision in boxing??
I am a huge MMA fan and I can tell you it is no better there either for judging.

I am fine with the two score cards that had it close. The one that gave it to Fury was marginal imo but there were a lot of close rounds due to low activity for both fighters.

But there is no sane fight fan alive who could look at the 96-93 card and think that was correct.
MMA has problems with judging as well, but it's absolutely better there. IMO

Fury clearly underestimated Ngannou .

Im old enough to remember when Mike Tyson grossly underestimated Buster Douglas

Id love to see a rematch where Fury takes this fight as seriously as Francis did

Haney with major beatdown of Prograis and now Haney is moving up to 147.

And on espn, Espinoza with fair size upset of Ramirez, in a good fight.

Didn't care to pay for the Haney fight. Looks like that was the right decision, clean sweep by Haney - every round on every scorecard

Haney with major beatdown of Prograis and now Haney is moving up to 147.

And on espn, Espinoza with fair size upset of Ramirez, in a good fight.
Did he say he’s going to 147? I’d like him to cleanup 140 first. Plus not sure he’s ready for boots.

I’d love to see tank come up and fight Haney. Or Shakur. Or teo. He looks stronger at 140 too. He’s no tank but still.

Teofimo with another less than impressive effort last night in a disputed win.

When he is motivated (see wins versus Loma and Josh Taylor) you get the feeling he can take that next step into boxing prominence but it is increasingly evident he is too inconsistent fight-to-fight to ever take the leap.

I really like Francis, personally and as a terrifying mma fighter. I know how impressive he was against Fury, but it still seems unrealistic to believe he is ready for this class of boxing with so little boxing in his background. The Fury fight may have been an anomaly, an ideal matchup of styles, something, I dunno. I expect Joshua to easily out box him. I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to see Francis knock him out. Either way he made this move for the money, and I'm happy it's worked out for him.

Users who are viewing this thread