What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Do we think anything changes in a rematch? He was off for a year and a half. but i honestly do not think anything changes. Im a huge spence fan but Bud is just to quick and strong and talented. He said he could go to 154 and beat Jermell, i mean he might be able to.

Do we think anything changes in a rematch? He was off for a year and a half. but i honestly do not think anything changes. Im a huge spence fan but Bud is just to quick and strong and talented. He said he could go to 154 and beat Jermell, i mean he might be able to.
Based on how the fight went, no sense in a rematch. I waa even thinking trilogy earlier today

Yeah I think once Spence can sleep on it and his team talks to him, he will realize it won’t make sense.

Yeah I think once Spence can sleep on it and his team talks to him, he will realize it won’t make sense.
I think he will do it but only at 154. If Bud forces him to stay at 147 he may not take it.

Now, imagine they rematch bud wins. Mell beats canelo and then we get Mell vs Bud another undisputed vs undisputed. OR could Bud go up two and fight canelo? is that too much? who knows.

I think he will do it but only at 154. If Bud forces him to stay at 147 he may not take it.

Now, imagine they rematch bud wins. Mell beats canelo and then we get Mell vs Bud another undisputed vs undisputed. OR could Bud go up two and fight canelo? is that too much? who knows.
That sure seems like too much but they said the same about Manny every time he went up so you never know

That sure seems like too much but they said the same about Manny every time he went up so you never know
I dont think Mells belts are on the line in the canelo fight so either way we could get that fight at 154 at least between bud and Mell and i think thats the next super fight now most likely.

Bud will take it at 154 & outcome is the same. Can't believe how much Spence was affected by Crawford's punches. Crawford looked unbelievable!

Spence wants no part of Crawford at 147 or 154 (if he was smart). No shame in being the second best welter. If Spence takes another beating by Crawford, his marketability takes a major hit. Move to 154 and start over.

Donaire's days as a top fighter are over. Cruz is overrated, his singular straight ahead style won't fool any top fighters in a smaller weight class, too many talented guys.

Would i love to see Bud vs Canelo, yes..but thats a big weight jump & Canelo in reality prob has 20-25lbs on him

I think Diaz could make it interesting.

Dang, that other fighr of mma dudes Avila vs Stephens was awful. Avila looked like he was throwing punches in sand yet still dominated.

That was a decent scrap all things considered

Diaz has zero punching power but a great chin

Paul is an average pro boxer at best , he wouldnt last 2 rds with a top 30 boxer

This was the first Jake Paul fight I ever watched, after catching the special that just came out on Netflix, my interest was piqued.

I think he pays these guys to take it easy on him, there I said it. Maybe I'm not the first here to say it. Diaz was clowning. If he wanted to he would have won easily.

The 19 year old H2O Sylve could be a fun boxer to watch but even that one I felt like his opponent took a dive, who is this guy, getting KO'd with a couple of rib shots?

DAZN boxing = wrasslin

That was a decent scrap all things considered

Diaz has zero punching power but a great chin

Paul is an average pro boxer at best , he wouldnt last 2 rds with a top 30 boxer
Yeah he’s done great for a guy who took a roundabout way into the sport. He’s taken it much more serious than most would have ever expected but when we are talking pro athletes and the best of the best, that’s just a near impossible level to reach- especially for someone coming to the sport at age 20 or so. Most of these guys have been doing it since they were little kids. Unless you are a world class athlete like Sergio Martinez, there’s just no making up for that kind of lost training time and the way something becomes engrained into your DNA when you start at a young age.

Told my wife before the fight it'd go the distance, Paul would get the decision, and Nate wouldn't care.

Nailed it.

All these UFC guys are taking the payday to lose because they've never been paid good money by UFC and these fights don't count against their MMA record. Why wouldn't they? I wanna see him fight someone that's already rich and doesn't need the money.

This was the first Jake Paul fight I ever watched, after catching the special that just came out on Netflix, my interest was piqued.

I think he pays these guys to take it easy on him, there I said it. Maybe I'm not the first here to say it. Diaz was clowning. If he wanted to he would have won easily.

The 19 year old H2O Sylve could be a fun boxer to watch but even that one I felt like his opponent took a dive, who is this guy, getting KO'd with a couple of rib shots?

DAZN boxing = wrasslin
I believe that was a shot to the liver , and that would hurt anyone

That Valdez vs Navarette fight was one of the best I’ve seen in years. True champions that lived up to their Mexican heritage. JCC Jr, Erik Morales and Marc Antonio Barrera were all in attendance and this fight surely made them proud. Legendary stuff and I would love to see a rematch.

No chatter about the knockdown/low blow in Uzyk-DuBois? I missed it live due to my FFL draft but have seen highlights since. Very conflicted

No chatter about the knockdown/low blow in Uzyk-DuBois? I missed it live due to my FFL draft but have seen highlights since. Very conflicted

Anything that gets us closer to Usyk/Fury, I'm all for.

Was a low blow but nothing Andrew Golota-like but still low. Usyk was much the better fighter in the fight. Body shots by Dubois seemed to give Usyk trouble on a few occasions, might be the blueprint to beat him, going forward.

Anything that gets us closer to Usyk/Fury, I'm all for.

Was a low blow but nothing Andrew Golota-like but still low. Usyk was much the better fighter in the fight. Body shots by Dubois seemed to give Usyk trouble on a few occasions, might be the blueprint to beat him, going forward.
Fury will destroy Uzyk

Canelo versus Jermell Charlo this Saturday. Charlo is moving up two weights classes here. IMO, Charlo needs to fight a perfect fight in order to win and even then with the usual Canelo favoritism by the Vegas judges, that might not be enough. Canelo wins this by late stoppage.

Fury v Usyk appears on, and I have no idea how Fury opened at -250 on my book
Link

The timing of this seems odd. Days before Christmas or in January (which has traditionally been a bit of dead zone for boxing) ?

Fury will be the fav no doubt simply based on resume. This will be close fight but I still think Fury does enough to win here.

Canelo versus Jermell Charlo this Saturday. Charlo is moving up two weights classes here. IMO, Charlo needs to fight a perfect fight in order to win and even then with the usual Canelo favoritism by the Vegas judges, that might not be enough. Canelo wins this by late stoppage.
agree. Im rooting for Mell but i think Canelo wins UD or a late stoppage.

That Lubin/Ramos decision is one of the worst in the past 20 years. Just dreadful.
i had something to do between fights and left in a hurry before the scorecards were announced. I mean there was no question Ramos won easily. WTH boxing?

Go Charlo go. No decision, please.

Tyson Fury vs Ngannou

Here we go

Of course i have Fury winning a rather easy bout, just curious how long it takes . I`m guessing 3 rds .

1st rd Fury moves and feels Francis out.
2nd rd he starts exploiting Francis's style
3rd he opens up with precision combinations and ends the fight

Tyson Fury vs Ngannou

Here we go

Of course i have Fury winning a rather easy bout, just curious how long it takes . I`m guessing 3 rds .

1st rd Fury moves and feels Francis out.
2nd rd he starts exploiting Francis's style
3rd he opens up with precision combinations and ends the fight
I think Fury strings it out longer to make a show of it. although i put $10 on Ngannou just for the hell of it as well as $10 on rnd 9 stoppage. Lets hope we get Fury Usyk in December that will be a great fight!

Users who are viewing this thread