What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul*** (1 Viewer)

Which means it will probably not have Walt and Jesse in it. Remember the discussion just in the past page or so of all the Red Herrings and the Producers giving incorrect tips?   Almost like they are pulling a light con on all of us. Hmmmmmm….
The episode that introduced Saul in Breaking Bad was called "Better Call Saul"...so an episode titled "Breaking Bad" in Better Call Saul makes sense for a Walt and Jesse appearance logically. 

The episode that introduced Saul in Breaking Bad was called "Better Call Saul"...so an episode titled "Breaking Bad" in Better Call Saul makes sense for a Walt and Jesse appearance logically. 

Maybe there is more to how involved Saul was with Mike/Gus and getting Walt hooked in there.

Man, people are going to be pissed when it turns out that the title of the next episode was a bit of a red herring and is in reference to Jeff breaking bad and it's another Gene episode.  

Leeroy Jenkins said:
Maybe there is more to how involved Saul was with Mike/Gus and getting Walt hooked in there.

This is a possibility. From what we've seen, Saul wasn't really involved with Gus, was he? When taking to Walt about distribution, he "knows a guy who knows a guy who knows another guy". So he's likely talking about Mike (and the "another guy" is just a throwaway line before they ever knew they'd be doing a prequel?)  

Man, people are going to be pissed when it turns out that the title of the next episode was a bit of a red herring and is in reference to Jeff breaking bad and it's another Gene episode.  
Would not surprise me one bit if this is the way it goes. 

Skipdog77 said:
Unless the writers are effing with us, which they have done before. 

Skipdog77 said:
Always good to see Jerry, er Garry, Gergich back on TV. 

Although I could easily go the rest of my life without seeing him lick his fingers or devour a Cinnabon again. 
Surprised it took this many posts before someone made a Jerry Gergich reference.  Every time he was on screen, I kept saying "Dammit Jerry!"

Skipdog77 said:
Do yourselves a favor and call the phone number on Gene's missing Nippy flyer, (402) 342-9288.  

You may get a busy signal, but keep trying.  Took me about 7 or 8 times to get through.  

So good. These guys and girls think of everything. 
24 used to drop Easter Eggs phone numbers in their episodes too.  I think most of those numbers are disconnected now.

the final countdown

Episode 1: 'Wine and Roses' – 56 mins

Episode 2: 'Carrot and Stick' – 59 mins

Episode 3: 'Rock and Hard Place' – 46 mins

Episode 4: 'Hit and Run' – 44 mins

Episode 5: 'Black and Blue' – 51 mins

Episode 6: 'Axe and Grind' – 44 mins

Episode 7: 'Plan and Execution' – 50 mins

Better Call Saul season 6, part 2 episodes – airing now!

Episode 8: 'Point and Shoot' – 49 mins – available now!

Episode 9: 'Fun and Games' – 56 mins – available now!

Episode 10: 'Nippy' – 51 mins – available now!

Episode 11: Title TBA – August 1

Episode 12: Title TBA – August 8

Episode 13: Title TBA – August 15  :cry:

Entire ep will be a flashback to Jimmy's failed attempt at being the best pop and locker in early 1980's Chicago, setting the stage for his transformation to Saul. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw one idea on Reddit that it would be cool if it were a Kim story, but told throughout Breaking Bad. Which would be awesome imo. 

A letter from Anthony Hopkins to Brian Cranston:

Anthony Hopkins’s letter to Bryan Cranston after watching #BreakingBad

Dear Mister Cranston.

I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency.

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season — to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. [Ed note: There are in fact five seasons of Breaking Bad; this might have been wishful thinking.] (Idownloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bull#### in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular — absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department — casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone — Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada — everyone — everyone gave master classes of performance ... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.

Saw one idea on Reddit that it would be cool if it were a Kim story, but told throughout Breaking Bad. Which would be awesome imo. 

Great idea.  As long as they follow it up with a Lyle backstory, I'm all for it.  

I enjoyed the last Gene centric episode. I guess I'm just enjoying the episodes as they come and not worrying about critiquing them because "omg there are only # episodes left!!!?!"

It's the security guard. He's breaking bad to pay for diabetes treatment brought on by all the Cinnabon and the mall doesn't have health insurance.

I enjoyed the last Gene centric episode. I guess I'm just enjoying the episodes as they come and not worrying about critiquing them because "omg there are only # episodes left!!!?!"
Yea the episodes complaint never makes any sense. Gilligan/Gould could have had 15 more episodes if they wanted after this one. The reality is they have 3 more episodes of story to tell. There’s no rush. 

Gene made mention of Walt when they were "training" Jeff in the field for the department store heist. So, it could have been foreshadowing for the next episode.

Who is Walt?  Was that the other (younger) security guy?

I got this one guys!   Let's start making fun of kupcho1 now about this and let the prequel stuff go, thanks in advance.

Walt is Walter White from Breaking Bad.  Have you heard of him before?

At least we got an answer about Kim being part of Gene's life or not.. And some bonus Walt & Jessie... Wondering if not being able to talk to Kim, or her telling him to stop calling(that scene could have had either outcome) made him want to get caught by the police :oldunsure:

Horrendous last 2 episodes. TIA.
Last episode was the best one in the series. YWIA

The last episode was decent but come on man - this is kind of exactly what I expected and why I felt like the ending of Saul was going to be difficult to pull off. We are basically just seeing more Slippin' Jimmy episodes with Gene breaking bad. It's very entertaining, Saul/Gene is a great character but there's no chance that was the best episode when all the other main characters that have made it great were not even in it. The Walt/Jesse stuff was great, loved seeing it but that was just throwing a bone to the fans - it really served no purpose. Really good episode but far from the best of the series for me. But we need something big in these final two episodes or I expect most will say it ended with a whimper.

The last episode was decent but come on man - this is kind of exactly what I expected and why I felt like the ending of Saul was going to be difficult to pull off. We are basically just seeing more Slippin' Jimmy episodes with Gene breaking bad. It's very entertaining, Saul/Gene is a great character but there's no chance that was the best episode when all the other main characters that have made it great were not even in it. The Walt/Jesse stuff was great, loved seeing it but that was just throwing a bone to the fans - it really served no purpose. Really good episode but far from the best of the series for me. But we need something big in these final two episodes or I expect most will say it ended with a whimper.
I disagree. Saul going after a cancer victim and potentially killing him, and showing no hesitation is a major character development. The montages were great, the Walt/Jesse stuff was fun, the story developments were critical and the last scene of the episode was brilliant — showing Saul ignoring Mike’s advice in going to talk to Walt and then as Gene ignoring the advice from Jeff and his friend. Superb.

I disagree. Saul going after a cancer victim and potentially killing him, and showing no hesitation is a major character development. The montages were great, the Walt/Jesse stuff was fun, the story developments were critical and the last scene of the episode was brilliant — showing Saul ignoring Mike’s advice in going to talk to Walt and then as Gene ignoring the advice from Jeff and his friend. Superb.

It would have been a major character development for Saul if BB never existed but the Saul of BB was deplorable even if he was hilarious. Pretty sure Saul suggested killing people during BB - I didn't think twice about the fact that Gene was scamming a guy with cancer. It was good, really well done as always but there wasn't really anything new there - honestly the scenes with Francesca was the only thing that really moved the story forward for me. You could take a lot of the rest of the last two episodes out and I'm guessing it wouldn't change the overall story (unless somehow this Jeff storyline is how Gene dies)

The parallels between the BB scenes and Gene scenes were obvious. In the BB scenes, we see Saul as he’s deciding whether or not to go into business with Walt. Mike tRies to talk him out of it but he does it anyway. We know how that turned out.

In parallel, Gene is about to make another bad decision going to cancer guys house. That one guy tried talking him out of it but he’s going anyway….

I predict bad things for Gene. Prison or death.

The parallels between the BB scenes and Gene scenes were obvious. In the BB scenes, we see Saul as he’s deciding whether or not to go into business with Walt. Mike tRies to talk him out of it but he does it anyway. We know how that turned out.

In parallel, Gene is about to make another bad decision going to cancer guys house. That one guy tried talking him out of it but he’s going anyway….

Gene had a bunch of opportunities to pull out. After the mall heist, it was over. Gene didn't have to start a new scam. After the guy with the dog couldn't follow through with the cancer guy, Gene didn't have to go to the guy's house. After the getaway taxi pulled up outside, Gene didn't have to go upstairs for more loot. He was determined to keep taking chances.

Eh, that is like saying that Ozymandias couldn't be the best Breaking Bad episode because it had Walter Jr. in it. ;)

Gene had a bunch of opportunities to pull out. After the mall heist, it was over. Gene didn't have to start a new scam. After the guy with the dog couldn't follow through with the cancer guy, Gene didn't have to go to the guy's house. After the getaway taxi pulled up outside, Gene didn't have to go upstairs for more loot. He was determined to keep taking chances.
Agreed. This is who Jimmy/Saul/Gene has always been. He is a con artist and can never help himself, and it is fitting that he will go down when he took needless risks.

On the flip side, I love what they did with Kim tonight. I thought it was going to be hard to redeem her after all of the nasty stuff she did, and I am not saying tonight does redeem her outright, but it was a step in the right direction towards clearing her conscience. A stark contrast to Gene, for sure.

Tonight's episode was top tier. Really enjoyed it. A Kim centric story is what we needed and she killed it as usual.

Loved the Jesse cameo much more than the first one with him and Walt in the RV which felt like fan service. Sad to see this show end.

Really good - wonder if Saul’s story will end like Walt’s or if he lives is it in prison. I’m kind of hoping he gets away but they’ve almost gone out of the way making Gene unlikeable the last few episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread