What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official* Ricardo Louis Dolphins WR Thread (2 Viewers)

Ricardo is definitely getting targets that last couple weeks. That said, people are forgetting about Kenny Britt way too quickly. On a per year basis, the Browns signed Britt to a contract that makes him the 20th highest paid WR in the league. They handed him lower level WR1 money and let Pryor walk. If Britt plays this week, watch out. The game script could be really good for him.
Sunk cost fallacy. 

Britt's injury flared up again this week. He is toast. Let the kid loose. He has athletic ability that is scary good. 

I also think that at this late stage of the season how many lottery ticket we are there.

Outside of say Mike Williams Corey Coleman we are left with him and the mess that is the NYG receivers.

Hogan targeted Louis alot in his small sample size.  He had the metrics of a true wr1. He also trained in offseason with Bmarsh and some other great veterans.

Seems like a great end of bench option. Only real that for next 4 or 5 weeks is Njoku as long as Hogan is starting.

Jesus that ballsy dude. I'm mulling over picking him up and playing over Riger Lewis. I'd never pull what your thinking.
Is it though? in a game denver is likely going to dominate, Demaryius will likely be shadowed by Janoris Jenkins, and probably only throw 20 times tops.

ChuckLiddell said:
I heard talk that Jonathan Joseph is going to shadow Louis.  
Thanks for adding this; definitely useful. I guess for me the line of thinking is that when the game reaches usual Browns blowout phase, there won't be that much press coverage and garbage time awaits.

ragone said:
Is it though? in a game denver is likely going to dominate, Demaryius will likely be shadowed by Janoris Jenkins, and probably only throw 20 times tops.
I like the guts man. I guess if I were you I'd look hard at my opponents lineup to see if I was favored or not. If was the underdog, I might try what you're thinking. Good luck!

I just wanted to pump the brakes a 'tad' with Louis.

He hasn't done much in the red zone and his hands are inconsistent. 

I just think people might be getting ahead of themselves with Ricardo Louis but am sure he will see targets and make 'decent' production but wanted to add a bit of clarity to lower expectations a 'tad'.

I'm rolling him out there over Kendall Wright.  Bold, I know, but I'm a risk taker. (Lost ARob, Corey Davis and Stefon Diggs out, so choices are limited).

I know there is talk of Joseph shadowing him, but last I looked, Joseph graded out quite poorly according to PFF, so not sure that scares me.  Houston D has been neutered a bit, if Louis can see the 8 to 9 targets he's has the last 2 weeks, I'll be happy.

I'm rolling him out there over Kendall Wright.  Bold, I know, but I'm a risk taker. (Lost ARob, Corey Davis and Stefon Diggs out, so choices are limited).

I know there is talk of Joseph shadowing him, but last I looked, Joseph graded out quite poorly according to PFF, so not sure that scares me.  Houston D has been neutered a bit, if Louis can see the 8 to 9 targets he's has the last 2 weeks, I'll be happy.
Lol

Watching his snaps from last year did not leave me impressed. He seems to drop a lot of passes also very catchable balls. Did not see him get any contested passes and does not really play up to his size. Catches the ball with his body a lot and doesn’t seem to get many yards after contact. I haven’t watched any Browns games this season so maybe he has improved. Looks like a target play to me, he probably needs a lot of targets to be productive. The stats looks nice the last two weeks though.

I’m starting him but not with a lot of confidence (over A. Cooper, Cohen, Collins).

He has worked hard on his route running and with some elite receivers.  Think he has improved his technique. 

Had good measurable. Now in 2nd year. Hogan had targeted him a lot in the games he came in..

True nor a ton of redzone work but some of that is due to Brown's not being there. Hogan would have the team moving the ball. He is a mobile about andr there is no Watt or Mercilus

He got 7 targets... I’ll chase targets all year. That’s 3 games in a row with >6 targets. He just didn’t hit today, happens a lot over the course of the season.
So why only 3 receptions? Tough coverage? Drops? Bad throws? Hogan not getting the ball on Louis's kinds of routes?

Agree that the targets look good, but depending on why they aren't translating to catches, those targets may shift elsewhere.

Ricardo Louis - WR -  Browns

Ricardo Louis will sit out the 2018 season with a neck injury.

Louis logged 27 catches for 357 yards and no touchdowns over 572 offensive snaps last year. With Louis gone for the year and Josh Gordon taking some time to address his mental health, the Browns will likely bring in another wide receiver at some point.

Source: Scott Petrak on Twitter 

Jul 25 - 12:11 PM

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago

The #Browns have waived fourth-year receiver Ricardo Louis, source said. A former 4th round pick gets waived the same day Odell Beckham Jr. arrives in the building.

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago

The #Browns have waived fourth-year receiver Ricardo Louis, source said. A former 4th round pick gets waived the same day Odell Beckham Jr. arrives in the building.
logan‏ @aniafc 47m47 minutes ago

Dorsey on the phone like “No, I’m serious. This isn’t an april fools joke. You’re cut from the team”

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago

Former #Browns receiver Ricardo Louis has agreed to terms with the #Dolphins on a 1-year deal, source said.

Users who are viewing this thread